Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Fess up

Was it you?

COMMUTERS have experienced some good news on their way into work, with an unusual proposal on a busy Melbourne train.

It’s not every day that you meet the love of your life on a train, but that’s exactly how Ryan ### and Hannah met 10 years ago today.

So when planning his proposal he thought there would be no better way to do it.

Ryan contacted Metro Trains to tell them of his plan and train driver Sam agreed to be involved.

I was going to say 'harsh', but I guess you obviously thought similar to my comment

I just don't understand why anyone would want to do it publicly - I actually think it puts untoward pressure on the person to say 'yes' because everyone there is expecting them to say yes -

Had two people sitting on the floor of the train eating KFC on the way home today. And drinking a slurpee out of one of those chicken buckets.

This was after they upgraded to seats

17155790_10155208630400992_9108300029130814796_n.jpg

Like I said, all class.

Had two people sitting on the floor of the train eating KFC on the way home today. And drinking a slurpee out of one of those chicken buckets.

This was after they upgraded to seats

17155790_10155208630400992_9108300029130814796_n.jpg

Like I said, all class.
Are you getting paid by KFC? You just helped them advertise.

arrrgghh so did I

You did exactly what they wanted. Not notice the tshirt?

Years ago was catching the tram home from work in St Kilda and some old mate got on with a fish and chip pack - I watched him eat maybe 2 or 3 chips then put the pack on the floor by his feet -

Got all the way into the city and he hadn't touched them again, and then he got off the tram without them!

I was hungry as I hadn't eaten dinner so I jumped up and grabbed them - Whole piece of battered fish, a potato cake and heap of chips!

---

another time another old mate got on the tram and smoked pot - offered me some but I could tell he spun it with way too much tobacco so I declined

Years ago was waiting for a tram on the St Kilda line just outside a fish and chip shop.

I was finishing off a minimum and noticed someone had dropped a mostly eaten pack in the ground near a bin, making a half-hearted effort to clean up.

Quick as a flash I scooped them up, including some from the bin - getting a bit more bin juice than I would have liked - whilst keeping two or three of my own good ones in my other hand.

I made a big show of eating the few good ones and left the rest of the 'fresh' ones up for grabs when I got off a few stops later.

Will never know if some sucker took the bait but I sure hope they did.

Sat down in the aisle seat of 4 seater last night next to an older Indian lady who was sitting across from her adult son and her husband. Within 5 seconds of sitting down before I could even put my earphones in the husband says to me in a rather jovial tone "not too close to my wife!" to which I smiled, faked a laugh because it seemed like he was just trying to be funny and put my earphones in.

30 seconds passes and I'm selecting an episode of the walking dead to watch on my tablet and the husband taps my knee and goes "excuse me please, you are sitting too close to my wife" in a pretty stern voice. Mind you shes about 65 and there was no contact between her and myself, I'd say we were sitting at least 10cm apart. I say to the guy "don't worry I'm not gonna touch your wife" with a smile to keep things friendly and he goes "you better not you *er."

I'm kind of shocked and trying to think of a way to respond without being an arsehole but also not backing down to this prick, but his wife says something in hindi with a bit of anger in her voice and the husband huffs, folds his arms and looks away.

It was a fairly awkward train ride but thankfully they got off at Box Hill. Weirdos.

Sat down in the aisle seat of 4 seater last night next to an older Indian lady who was sitting across from her adult son and her husband. Within 5 seconds of sitting down before I could even put my earphones in the husband says to me in a rather jovial tone "not too close to my wife!" to which I smiled, faked a laugh because it seemed like he was just trying to be funny and put my earphones in.

30 seconds passes and I'm selecting an episode of the walking dead to watch on my tablet and the husband taps my knee and goes "excuse me please, you are sitting too close to my wife" in a pretty stern voice. Mind you shes about 65 and there was no contact between her and myself, I'd say we were sitting at least 10cm apart. I say to the guy "don't worry I'm not gonna touch your wife" with a smile to keep things friendly and he goes "you better not you ******."

I'm kind of shocked and trying to think of a way to respond without being an arsehole but also not backing down to this prick, but his wife says something in hindi with a bit of anger in her voice and the husband huffs, folds his arms and looks away.

It was a fairly awkward train ride but thankfully they got off at Box Hill. Weirdos.

Did you have pants on? Seems like old mate was having naan of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a woman sit down behind me this morning and stick her arm over my chair and bounce her elbow off my back until I turned around and asked her to stop
When people do that I lean on them as hard as I can

30 seconds passes and I'm selecting an episode of the walking dead to watch on my tablet and the husband taps my knee and goes "excuse me please, you are sitting too close to my wife" in a pretty stern voice. Mind you shes about 65 and there was no contact between her and myself, I'd say we were sitting at least 10cm apart. I say to the guy "don't worry I'm not gonna touch your wife" with a smile to keep things friendly and he goes "you better not you ******."

I'm sure theres a Pun-Jab in there somewhere

was it those bloke?

Punjabi Playboy

The-Great-Khali-body.jpg

Should have told his wife "I've got something to put India."

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was on a train one day when a large bogan family were enjoying their KFC, despite the signs advising food was not to be consumed. When they reached their destination they left the empty containers strewn all over their seats and the floor.

When I went to the Gold Coast for a holiday, I noticed how grumpy, surly and unhelpful some bus drivers were, two drivers actually having a blazing row in front of theme park patrons. How could one be so miserable working in such a beautiful part of the world?

I was on a train one day when a large bogan family were enjoying their KFC, despite the signs advising food was not to be consumed. When they reached their destination they left the empty containers strewn all over their seats and the floor.

When I went to the Gold Coast for a holiday, I noticed how grumpy, surly and unhelpful some bus drivers were, two drivers actually having a blazing row in front of theme park patrons. How could one be so miserable working in such a beautiful part of the world?

Because they're driving buses.

I was on a train one day when a large bogan family were enjoying their KFC, despite the signs advising food was not to be consumed.
Who cares? Do you actually think people should follow these ridiculous rules?

I've eaten KFC on the train before. Oh how terrible!!!

And on the bus too, one time. Bus driver didn't give two shits.

Speaking of which, you reminded me of one time on the train from the city many years ago after uni I had brought some KFC onto the train. Burger box combo. There was a woman opposite of me looking at me in disgust, like she's never seen anyone eat a burger on the train before. I wasn't being a slob either, I didn't have sauce or oil all over me or anything like that. I just politely smiled and resumed enjoying my unhealthy meal. The chick that sat next to me commented that she was being a rude bitch.

Who cares? Do you actually think people should follow these ridiculous rules?

I've eaten KFC on the bus before. Oh how terrible!!!

Bus driver's not going to give a s**t.
Did you offer him a wing or a drumstick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back