Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

you on the trains?

started driving trams bit over 3 months ago - enjoying it so far - don't reckon i'd be keen on trains though - too fast and **** having to deal with people jumping infront of you
Yeah, I love it.

I have heard trams are pretty annoying dealing with morons both in cars and pedestrians. What’s the deal with the brakes in some trams? Sometimes every time they stop they are slamming on the brakes. How long is the training for the trams?

Reminds me of a few weeks ago I was on the train home and the ticket inspectors were walking between the 3 car units on the platform. The driver hits door close and said ticket inspectors end up in said doors causing them to re open.

When one checked my ticket I said to them "dont force the doors, you break them the train gets taken out of service"
The halfwit replies "I didnt"
I repeated what I said and he just went "Im only doing my job"
I just pointed to the sign that had "dont force the doors" on it and went "theres the rule"
Closing the doors on school kids sprinting between units is a laugh riot.

Closing the doors on school kids sprinting between units is a laugh riot.
I used to play a fun game in peak with the Comeng and Siemens doors at Flagstaff. I'd make sure they shut faster than normal and because I was standing at the rear of the 5th car and the escalator from the concourse is there you'd effectively slam the door shut on people.

I miss the days on the Comengs when with enough force you could open the doors at anytime... Was only recent when they removed the knobs to open doors that that ended...
Thank God they removed those stupid knobs. Held the trains up all the time.

I miss the days on the Comengs when with enough force you could open the doors at anytime... Was only recent when they removed the knobs to open doors that that ended...

They had to. It was that or 80 odd trains would be taken out of service.

Yeah, I love it.

I have heard trams are pretty annoying dealing with morons both in cars and pedestrians. What’s the deal with the brakes in some trams? Sometimes every time they stop they are slamming on the brakes. How long is the training for the trams?
Yeh some brakes seem heavier than others- some brake smoothly, others are shocking and itll be bumpy no matter what you do

Training was only 6 weeks before i was on my own

Definitely, still prefer the Comeng's over the Xtrap's and Siemens trains thats for sure.
For what it's worth the X'traps are not a terrible train for what they are. They're actually quite reliable. Dead hopeless in the wet though. Wheelslip goes crazy.

Personally I think the Siemens is the best. This is how I see it when comparing to cars
Siemens = rolls Royce
Xtrap = WRX or jap turbo equivalent
Comeng = Holden Camira
Siemens just had one small issue......they had a tendency to sort of not stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14 why do people take forever to top up their Myki?
Pfft, who knows. I do mine in the morning, on a Monday and put enough to last two weeks.

What is worse is when they fiddle about getting their Myki out of their purse/wallet at the ******* barrier and take an eternity finding it.

Why not just top up online?
74aY.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back