Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft, who knows. I do mine in the morning, on a Monday and put enough to last two weeks.

What is worse is when they fiddle about getting their Myki out of their purse/wallet at the ******* barrier and take an eternity finding it.
Then the F***wits wave the thing about or place it in every other sport other than the bit that says "TOUCH HERE"

Pfft, who knows. I do mine in the morning, on a Monday and put enough to last two weeks.

What is worse is when they fiddle about getting their Myki out of their purse/wallet at the ******* barrier and take an eternity finding it.

I generally top up monthly. Though I go through periods where I'll top up every 3 weeks.

I hate it when you're behind a woman with a hot arse and she deliberately stalls with her card so you have to have to stare at that hot arse longer waiting for her to go through the turnstyles

Personally I think the Siemens is the best. This is how I see it when comparing to cars
I like the Siemens trains as well, very confortable and quiet inside. Really wish they purcahsed more of them as they are far superior to the slippy X'Trapolis.
The Comeng sets are having a minor refurbishment so they will still be around for a little while.

I like the Siemens trains as well, very confortable and quiet inside. Really wish they purcahsed more of them as they are far superior to the slippy X'Trapolis.
The Comeng sets are having a minor refurbishment so they will still be around for a little while.
Siemens burned thier bridges massively with the braking issues they had. That and 2 doors on each side of each car isn't going to cut it these days.

Siemens burned thier bridges massively with the braking issues they had. That and 2 doors on each side of each car isn't going to cut it these days.
Once they put the sanders in the brakes were perfect. Probably the best emergency brake of the 3.

The best service brake by far is the Comeng tread brake, especially when using the automatic air brake.

Why not just top up online?

Did this once years ago. Added it and at the end it says "Can take up to 24 hours to reflect the changes etc". Sun sets and sun rises and the next day I get on the tram and ******* nothing on the card. Haven't bothered since.

It should be legal to give people picking their nose on public transport a knee in the face before kicking them off.

It's a real ******* pet peeve of mine. The grossness of people, not to mention the lack of self awareness, is sickening. A bloke on the 86 the other day (I know, the 86...) had a woman sitting opposite him and a guy sitting next to him mining his nose and flicking boogers on the ground. It makes me want to vomit just writing about it.

The bus was late by 12 minutes the other day. The driver looked at me funny when I got on expecting abuse.

Turns out the bus is brand new and Adelaide built. You could smell the new paint. It was approaching dusk and stormy. When he put the lights on it wouldn't change into top gear so he couldn't do the speed limit. Hence why it was so late

Poor bugger had 3 runs to do before he could get anywhere near a depot and change buses

Did this once years ago. Added it and at the end it says "Can take up to 24 hours to reflect the changes etc". Sun sets and sun rises and the next day I get on the tram and ******* nothing on the card. Haven't bothered since.
Similar happened to me the other day. I topped up in the evening online - had to take the train at 8am the next day.

So I go to Essendon, go to tap on, and it still says I'm in the red and unable to tap on. I had 6-7 minutes before the train was due, so I went to the counter and pointed out my dilemma. Realistically, I know there isn't much station staff can do about it, but still, the bloke who served me couldn't have been more rude, dismissive and flat out smug if he tried; basically he said it's not his problem and that I was stupid for giving it only about 12 hours. I almost got the impression he kind of enjoyed it, when really I was a bit stiff in having done the right thing and the lag in the money coming through being pretty ridiculously long. In the end I could only scowl and walk away shaking my head.

I mean, 12 hours. Get a better system, it should not take that long.

I didn't have cash with me, but did have a credit card so in the end I was forced to put another $10 or so on it at a machine to get the balance back into the black. If I'd not had a credit card with me, I'm not quite sure what I would have done.

Similar happened to me the other day. I topped up in the evening online - had to take the train at 8am the next day.

So I go to Essendon, go to tap on, and it still says I'm in the red and unable to tap on. I had 6-7 minutes before the train was due, so I went to the counter and pointed out my dilemma. Realistically, I know there isn't much station staff can do about it, but still, the bloke who served me couldn't have been more rude, dismissive and flat out smug if he tried; basically he said it's not his problem and that I was stupid for giving it only about 12 hours. I almost got the impression he kind of enjoyed it, when really I was a bit stiff in having done the right thing and the lag in the money coming through being pretty ridiculously long. In the end I could only scowl and walk away shaking my head.

I mean, 12 hours. Get a better system, it should not take that long.

I didn't have cash with me, but did have a credit card so in the end I was forced to put another $10 or so on it at a machine to get the balance back into the black. If I'd not had a credit card with me, I'm not quite sure what I would have done.
I made that mistake the first time I used a Myki, never again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I top up on a Monday morning before I get on and make sure I've got enough for two weeks.
I do it when it hits 10 bucks and chuck a 50 on it.
Given I travel mainly on weekends it lasts a month an a bit.

The auto top up works by sending the info to the readers.
With train stations its fairly quick. Its hardwired to everything.
With trams and buses the vehicle has to go past the depot/enter the depot and the wifi connects to the vehicle and sends it to the readers.

Sydney with opal uses the 3G/4G connection and sends it that way. Which is quick as hell. I topped up one morning and went to Lidcombe station not long after. The top up was sitting there.

Last edited:
Prior to reading this:

I have two Mykis. A full fare I use in the mornings which costs me nothing because I touch off before 7.15, and a concession I use coming home - which I found a few months ago.

Got off at Glenroy yesterday because I was going to my parents house for dinner and I was meeting my mum there. There were inspectors at the station when I got off. My mum was literally the last person to touch off because she couldn't find her Myki. I had initially touched off then went to help her.

Anyway, there were inspectors and one of them asked to check my Myki. This would have been fine if I weren't using a concession Myki. So I hand the guy my full fare Myki (which I use in the mornings) full knowing I haven't just touched off with. My heart rate starts to rise and I'm semi panicking. Guy whacks it into his machine, and he says to me "you haven't touched on?". He asks if I have any other Myki's to which I say no. I then queried how it said I haven't touched on and said something like "What? How is that possible?" He asks where I have travelled from and I said Parliament. I then continued playing dumb and said "I have no idea what's happened, I travel in and out of the city every day" or some s**t like that. Bloke then says "I'll just check the history." At this point for sure I think I am getting a fine. Given that I only touch off with my full fare each morning, I am certain I'm cooked. Inspector then says "I can see you've touched off yesterday. Thank you, see you later."

Feels good getting one over a corporation that *s people every day.

Myki...what a rubbish system.
There is no way you shouldnt be able to just purchase a fair at the station on the spot should you need to.
They can all GAGF with their $500,000,000 * up that is Myki.

Prior to reading this:

I have two Mykis. A full fare I use in the mornings which costs me nothing because I touch off before 7.15, and a concession I use coming home - which I found a few months ago.

Got off at Glenroy yesterday because I was going to my parents house for dinner and I was meeting my mum there. There were inspectors at the station when I got off. My mum was literally the last person to touch off because she couldn't find her Myki. I had initially touched off then went to help her.

Anyway, there were inspectors and one of them asked to check my Myki. This would have been fine if I weren't using a concession Myki. So I hand the guy my full fare Myki (which I use in the mornings) full knowing I haven't just touched off with. My heart rate starts to rise and I'm semi panicking. Guy whacks it into his machine, and he says to me "you haven't touched on?". He asks if I have any other Myki's to which I say no. I then queried how it said I haven't touched on and said something like "What? How is that possible?" He asks where I have travelled from and I said Parliament. I then continued playing dumb and said "I have no idea what's happened, I travel in and out of the city every day" or some s**t like that. Bloke then says "I'll just check the history." At this point for sure I think I am getting a fine. Given that I only touch off with my full fare each morning, I am certain I'm cooked. Inspector then says "I can see you've touched off yesterday. Thank you, see you later."

Feels good getting one over a corporation that ****s people every day.
see you s**t me with this stuff
you use the system every day but don't want to pay the fare

the morning one is fine, its the incentive to go early and not fill up peak hour trains, but using the concession at night to pay less, you've got a job mate pay the extra $2 to get home

Myki...what a rubbish system.
There is no way you shouldnt be able to just purchase a fair at the station on the spot should you need to.
They can all GAGF with their $500,000,000 **** up that is Myki.
Blame Ted. The original system was to have short term tickets but when he got into power he got rid of them. Along with the ticket machines on trams which were sitting in a warehouse.

see you s**t me with this stuff
you use the system every day but don't want to pay the fare

the morning one is fine, its the incentive to go early and not fill up peak hour trains, but using the concession at night to pay less, you've got a job mate pay the extra $2 to get home

This. How absurd to be happy to get away with s**t like that.

Prior to reading this:

Feels good getting one over a corporation that ****s people every day.

How can you say people who sit on the ground on trains are peasants when you don’t even pay full fare?

Filth.

This. How absurd to be happy to get away with s**t like that.
I mean I'd be happy about avoiding a fine if it was me

Just wouldn't be bragging about how I rort the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back