Prediction Publicly nail your Stringer opinion to the cross. Opposition fans need not bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wherever Jake plays Jake and now the Bumbers will need to deal with whatever she dishes out.
She has links to Essendon, pals with the Cooneys and others, new boyfriend has some sort of link with the club. It might even be a tad awkward for her, him being there. She can't afford to upset the club, now that he's going to be there.

As a Bulldog fan I am saddened that I won't see Jake reach his full potential as a Bulldog.
As a footy fan I am hoping that Jake can get his act together and I can see him play at his full potential somewhere in the AFL.
As a human being I just hope Jake can get his act together off the field.
Meanwhile...

It's sickening how this all unfolded - unless you had inside knowledge, the Western Bulldogs putting Jake Stringer up for trade came to a shock to most supporters - there was no warning from the outside. It's not like it was a Ben Cousins or a Fevola job where you could potentially predict disaster - maybe it would've reached that point if we kept him.

That man put the arse on seats or got got people jump off from the same seats when he had the ball - I choose to remember his 2015 form, the patches and glimpses from 2016 and 2017 and of course the premiership covered the reality that he has dropped way off from the 2015 form he showed. He was an excitement machine and it will make me sick if he ends up turning things around and kicks bags of 6 on us - if he wins the flag with Essendon I don't know what I'd feel. Just disappointed the guy is gone and he's not a 1 club legend like I thought he'd be.

For my sanity, can someone please PM me the alleged scandalous behavior he was involved in? Might make me feel better about losing him.

I know whats been said publicly is the tip of the iceberg.

All I know is the WB website had removed Stringers profile within minutes of the deal going down

A few days back I posted on this thread my view that Stringer would be back at the club post draft. I based this on firstly, my belief that Essendon would not offer adequate value and secondly, the statements from the club that if fair value (a top 10 pick) would not be obtained he would be welcomed back. I thought i could take the club at its word and also if the club was to go back on its word we would be seen as weak and an easy target in future draft negotiations. I was pretty peeved when Jake was then traded for 2 second round picks. Having had time to sleep on it I am less angry at the club. I can understand now why the club said what it did and that rather than lying to me to club was trying to get the best deal it could. The club doesn't really owe me anything other than its best endeavours and I guess thats why they said what they did. Whether Essendon saw through the statements and if it resulted in a better deal I don't know but at least the club tried for a better result. I accept that and will be a little less naive next time.

For my sanity, can someone please PM me the alleged scandalous behavior he was involved in? Might make me feel better about losing him.
I've asked around for the same reasons as you, could someone please PM me too. It may put me at peace with how the whole Stringer situation played out.

I've asked around for the same reasons as you, could someone please PM me too. It may put me at peace with how the whole Stringer situation played out.

nobody's replied.... either nobody knows or the details are so out of this world its being kept hidden.

Insta photo of Jake with The Cup
  • jakestringer9It has been an unbelievable experience! Thank you to the entire Western Bulldogs football club, in particular the boys and most importantly the Footscray faithful fans- your support and enthusiasm for the club is contagious and it made my time at the club so enjoyable!
    I’m ready for a fresh start, to make my family/friends and most importantly my two beautiful girls proud
:cry:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insta photo of Jake with The Cup
  • jakestringer9It has been an unbelievable experience! Thank you to the entire Western Bulldogs football club, in particular the boys and most importantly the Footscray faithful fans- your support and enthusiasm for the club is contagious and it made my time at the club so enjoyable!
    I’m ready for a fresh start, to make my family/friends and most importantly my two beautiful girls proud
:cry:

How about his next effort though?
Photo in New York City... city of dreams and yesterday his dream came true..with Essendon colour emojis

Yeah that's cool. s**t further on the club that gave you a good chance after your serious injuries, tried to help you through your issues, kept playing you when you probably shouldn't have, won a flag with.....

How about his next effort though?
Photo in New York City... city of dreams and yesterday his dream came true..with Essendon colour emojis

Yeah that's cool. s**t further on the club that gave you a good chance after your serious injuries, tried to help you through your issues, kept playing you when you probably shouldn't have, won a flag with.....
He's thanked everyone and now he's moving on - I have no problem with that. As long as he doesn't speak badly of our club in the future, he's entitled and expected to embrace his new club.

Last edited:
He'll be on the straight and narrow for the first few months. But like all his type he'll fall back into his ways. Unfortunately this whole mess of a trade period has proven he's still immature and not man enough to face his own problems. His dickhead of a manager is also too selfish and greedy to guide him the right way

I’m not so sure he will go off the rails. In fact, I’m fully expecting this to be a big wake up call.

Not saying he has the engine to go into the midfield like he wants, but I think people forget he was on 19 goals after round 10 and he kicked over 40 last year.

He is going to be a 40 goal a year player at Essendon and have a good career.

It’s going to hurt, but I just hope we had no other choice then to move him on. I don’t think anyone here knows the full story, just hope there wasn’t any mismanagement from us.

We’ll win another premiership before they do and that’s all that matters. I know it.

I cried about Jake a little bit but daddy’s little soldier must soldier on. Time to stop the tubby boo hoos. The lazy f**ker was good in 2015, but players with half his talent contributed more to our premiership than he did.

The world still turns

I embarrassed myself a few weeks ago in this forum on the Stringer megathread, but while I was artless in how I expressed them, my feelings on the matter haven't changed: I'm glad he's gone. Hated getting bent over by Essendon even if Jmac redeemed himself somewhat with the Carlton and Brisbane trades, but accepted 'whatever it takes' to remove him. Fronk's report that the Bont had stood up to Stringer too is the final nail in the coffin in my mind.

And that's me done with talking about Stringer. :p He's a Bombers player now and I don't give a rats.

The no dickheads policy only makes sense if you get rid of all dickheads. Obviously Stringer was the worst offender, but are there others?

The no dickheads policy only makes sense if you get rid of all dickheads. Obviously Stringer was the worst offender, but are there others?
Doesn't have to mean getting rid of them all. Can just mean those attitudes aren't accepted or ignored, they are called out and dealt with. It'd only be if the "dickheads" repeatedly failed to accept the problems and address/change. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case with Stringer. Stikes me as the type that would try and brush everything (negative about him) off and be dismissive. It's about developing a culture. Getting rid of people would be a last resort or else it'd do more culture damage than good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back