Opinion Pulling one out against us - AKA The Rhys Stanley Appreciation Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Stanley.

Every. *******. Time.

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Make sure you see Tory Dickson on arrival for your Lounge libation.

KwKGSCW.png

Last edited:
????? I must've been watching a different game....???? I think you were confusing Stewart and or Blicasz with him.

Perhaps he played a bit above what he would against other teams, but he didn't do much, especially late in the game when he was needed. Had 1 disposal in the last 13 minutes and that was a handball that set up Miers for htb.

Throwing Jake Waterman into the mix here.

On the same note, thank fu** Ed Curnow didn't play against us last week.
likewise Silvangi. also dissapointed that for a half last year we made Dow look like an afl footballer

likewise Silvangi. also dissapointed that for a half last year we made Dow look like an afl footballer
What about silvagni sledging horne francis.

I had to laugh because "i am only playing AFL because my dad was the list manager " Jack silvagni sledging someone about being s**t.

At least if someone like cripps said it he can back it up with his performances.

Jacob Townsend springs to mind

I still have nightmares about Austin Wonaeamirri

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Silvagni

Martin when he was at Gold Coast.

For a while there, if you only watched Freo games, you would be convinced Jack Martin was a superstar and Dusty Martin a bit of a hack.

Definitely Curnow.

We had Ryan Nyhuis do a reverse Rhys Stanley against North a few years back. A goal with his first kick in AFL and 4 for the day including the last 2 in a narrow 4 point win.

He played 17 games in total and kicked only one more goal.

Memorable stuff for us and a nightmare for North on the day. Ah, the memories.

Not sure if Freo ever had a better Rhys Stanley impersonation than that one?

78797b1a33c2cf6df8606c3d5b37707c

Jack Steven.

Killed us in his return game for St Kilda before being traded to Geelong.

Has more off field drama than an underworld crime figure.

Josh Hill has a derby medal.

Matthew Rosa also springs to mind.

Andrew Embley was another early on but he actually ended up turning into a really good player in the end.

We had Ryan Nyhuis do a reverse Rhys Stanley against North a few years back. A goal with his first kick in AFL and 4 for the day including the last 2 in a narrow 4 point win.

He played 17 games in total and kicked only one more goal.

Memorable stuff for us and a nightmare for North on the day. Ah, the memories.

Not sure if Freo ever had a better Rhys Stanley impersonation than that one?

Not a Freo one but i don't remember a player ever out playing himself more then Kurt Tippett did when playing Hawthorn.

Alex Sexton of Gold Coast loved us for a while there. Jarrod Harbrow was another

We lost a game on the road in 2013 against Richmond where were down a couple goals down in the 3rd quarter, but kind of hanging in the game, and then Jake King thought he was Dustin Martin for 5 seconds and spun out of a tackle on the half forward flank and kicked a 50m goal on his non-preferred foot, followed up by a typically repulsive celebration. We were probably due to drop one at that stage of the season and that moment was confirmation we weren't going to get the 4 points.

There was also a game in the Damian Drum era where one of the Houlihans playing for Geelong - I can't remember which one as there were a few brothers - but this one kicked about 5 goals in the space of quarter against us at Subiaco oval.

Another game when Chris Connolly was coach and we were playing Melbourne at home - about 5 goals ahead at the start of the last quarter and it rained and Peter Vardy kicked 5 in a forward pocket in the last quarter. (Actually, I just looked this up. He kicked 3 goals in a row in the last quarter, we were 2 goals up at 3/4 at Subiaco and Melbourne ended up winning by 5 goals - so a little exaggeration, but that's the effect duds have on you)

Last edited:
Liam Jurrah miming a sledge to (I think) Brad Dodd is triggering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back