News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

wins change everything.

IMO it is why the bounding roo is so highly praised.

It is peak 90s and peak 90s we were kings.

You are right, but no amount of wins are going to make that giant kangaroo head anything other than tacky looking.

I just think it's a bit disingenuous for the club to run a 'return to tradition' campaign in association with the jumper, wheeling out our 90s legends, and then sending the boys out in that comical kit just so the already small NM jumper sales markets looks slightly better on the book.

They nailed the home jumper but they could've gone with the V for the clash if they wanted to hammer home the tradition point.

There's nothing stopping them printing those comical clash guernseys and selling them anyway without forcing grown ass men to put them on.

I'm with you on the V jumper from 1925 (and 2003 heritage) and there should be absolutely no doubt at all that we wear it in 2025 as the centenary jumper. If we stuff that up again like 2019, where there was no traditional jumper at all, then there will be consequences.

I like the away top but I probably wouldn’t wear it, I could see it being very popular among the youngsters.

hopefully the polo tops are nice because that’s what I usually wear. Hopefully it looks better than the boring Richmond ones.

What do y'all think was the best ever polo design? For me it was 2006 Reebok - white with blue sleeves znd collar. Only problem with it was the logos were vinyl not embroidered so they eventually peeled off.

You are right, but no amount of wins are going to make that giant kangaroo head anything other than tacky looking.

You are looking at this from a pre wins point of view.

IF we racked up wins and highlight reels from games where we wore it, people would begin to like it.

What do y'all think was the best ever polo design? For me it was 2006 Reebok - white with blue sleeves znd collar. Only problem with it was the logos were vinyl not embroidered so they eventually peeled off.
I still wear the 150 year one regularly. Gasometer has a mainly-white one that looks really good, it may be the one you're talking about.

View attachment 1278215

this was worn in 2016 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 1996.

View attachment 1278216

and this was the indigenous strip in 2017.

So yeah, it's been worn for promotions and one-offs a few times over the last few years, 2019 was the only year where it was regularly the away jumper. I'm fine with that personally, I think maybe it should be a special occasions jumper (maybe the official Friday Night jumper?)
Putting the indigenous strip to the side, the 2016 commemorated the 96 flag whilst I am pretty sure the 2019 away strip had something to do with our 150 year anniversary so it may be that the bounding roo is only going to be done in a commemorative capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not a clash jumper. Clash jumper needs to be predominately white.

no, a clash jumper needs to solve a clash. we only really have one clash that white shorts don't solve, and that's Geelong. they often wear white shorts in home games so their opponent can wear a dark kit, and we've been wearing dark kits against them for years in home and away games (see both our games against them last year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back