News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Vent time
Major major fail
You would think they would have all of this sorted before signing the contract.
Mid year before we can get anything online … may as well wait for next years.
No members hats left only scarves - handy for those of us that live in the heat but hey here is a $30 voucher to use in last years Canterbury stuff.

It was an blue zip up. The black hoodie was there, polos and new tshirts with a small bounding roo .

Couldn’t Puma just hand over what they have?
Is this online or at Arden st?

Puma are a mess. Club isn’t happy at all.

It's diabolical. The club would have lost a lot of money because of this. And it's another thing that rubs the supporters the wrong way.

Been two years of s**t. Factoring in that we had 2 years of the same s**t from Canterbury

It's diabolical. The club would have lost a lot of money because of this. And it's another thing that rubs the supporters the wrong way.

Been two years of s**t. Factoring in that we had 2 years of the same s**t from Canterbury

Add that to the fact there’s no orange on the gear and it’s one bid cluster*.

At Arden St. Boomer was wearing the zip up when presenting Curtis his jumper.

Puma’s output is resembling the club’s this season. Maybe we’ll come good together. Or not.
Ahh you make sense now. Get ya. So theyre selling s**t in store thats not even being advertised online. Basket case.
Because it's all made o/s Taz ?
I have no idea. Someone mentioned earlier that of whats been released so far the puma tags have made in Australia on them lol
Cant verify this to be true or not

Oh the club knows. Seething internally. Puma had 12 months to get ready whilst the Canterbury contract was run down and yet what was meant to be available in October 2021 is now taking until June 2022 to arrive. BASKET CASE

Club missed the pre-christmas sales and will now be missing the pre-winter sales
No one wants to buy a ******* hoodie at the end of winter

Absolutely two years of s**t
It’s not good enough
Rang the membership dept to query why my kids haven’t got anything at all this year for their membership (usually get water bottles , backpacks etc) and they said they changed it and won’t receive anything - and we are in the country WA - Kids FFS - I dont care if I don’t get anything for my membership - we don’t even get members cards or bumper stickers anymore - but to not give kids anything is s**t
Pathetic effort all round
I won’t cancel my membership and never will but will be making it known how bad this is in the survey - if they even bother to do that anymore
The club shop is as hopeless as they come in regards to service and communication - and have been for years - who knows when we will get the Good Friday jumpers

It’s not good enough
Rang the membership dept to query why my kids haven’t got anything at all this year for their membership (usually get water bottles , backpacks etc) and they said they changed it and won’t receive anything - and we are in the country WA - Kids FFS - I dont care if I don’t get anything for my membership - we don’t even get members cards or bumper stickers anymore - but to not give kids anything is s**t
I won’t cancel my membership and never will but will be making it known how bad this is in the survey - if they even bother to do that anymore
The club shop is as hopeless as they come in regards to service and communication - and have been for years - who knows when we will get the Good Friday jumpers
The kids literally get nothing?!

That’s beyond shithouse

The kids literally get nothing?!

That’s beyond shithouse
They got a voucher for a hat … or scarf…. Hats already sold out
They have had WA memberships and the kids packs included since birth
Not this year which is terrible

It’s not good enough
That's disgraceful. The membership stuff has been going on for way too long now. It really is amateur hour.

They got a voucher for a hat … or scarf…. Hats already sold out
They have had WA memberships and the kids packs included since birth
Not this year which is terrible
When I was a kid my parents said because I got a membership that was the only north related stuff I could get for the year, the bag, the footy, the footy clinic were the main reasons i kept signing up, this stuff matters so much to kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The situation with membership and apparel is beyond hopeless. The buzz of a new apparel sponsor, purchasing some new gear etc is gone. You only get one chance to make a good first impression in business….. Every year for the past decade we seem to get less and less and less value for our membership. Absolutely zilch the past 2 years. Nothing to show that you’re a member. Club ordered just 1500 membership caps for its members this year ffs, how s**t is that. I’m still waiting for my members cap from 2 years ago that the club ‘asked’ $10 postage for. I had to scream and shout to finally get my $30 RooShop voucher this year, but there’s * all to buy. If the club was a retail shop, cafe etc then it would close down through sheer incompetence. We get taken for granted and treated like fools in the AFL industry as the suits know how emotionally attached we are to our clubs.

It’s not good enough
I've been banging on about this to the membership department for the last couple of years. Last things my kids got was a punch card to collect one sticker and so on each game. This was in 2020 mind, so you can guess how that worked out.
Now there isn't enough stock to buy much else apparently.

Ahh you make sense now. Get ya. So theyre selling s**t in store thats not even being advertised online. Basket case.

I have no idea. Someone mentioned earlier that of whats been released so far the puma tags have made in Australia on them lol
Cant verify this to be true or not

Oh the club knows. Seething internally. Puma had 12 months to get ready whilst the Canterbury contract was run down and yet what was meant to be available in October 2021 is now taking until June 2022 to arrive. BASKET CASE

Club missed the pre-christmas sales and will now be missing the pre-winter sales
No one wants to buy a ******* hoodie at the end of winter
good prices on hoodies out of winter

I was very hesitant around the Puma signing because they have a questionable track record and this is absolutely 100% their fault.
Club has given them ample time to get their s**t in order and they have failed thus far.

Disastrous start to the relationship and has the real potential to get messy from a working together perspective.

At the end of the day you engage with a partner to provide a product within a said time frame and if they fail to do so within those time frames then you have the right to penalize the supplier. I have no doubt North worked that into the contract and would be receiving some form of financial incentive or payment from Puma to make up for the revenue shortfall.

Shithouse about the kids membership packs. I remember as a young one always looking forward to what came. It was all cheap s**t, but you'd be amazed how much joy a little draw string bag, pencil case, stress ball, colouring book and footy can bring to young girls and boys. Guarantee their friends at school will be getting their merch packs with other clubs memberships and to an extent feeling left out. Not to mention the lack of membership hats and scarves. I'm sorry but the COVID staffing issues doesn't cut it anymore, seems to be the go to excuse for cutting funding in every department of every business. If i pay my membership, or my child's membership - I'm investing in not only the club financially and by showing up in person, but I'm investing on giving my child a good experience and a love for the club that I was fortunate enough to experience growing up. Not enough hats being made? Tear up the contract say "f*** you, we ordered 40,000 of these to be ready by March and you've given us 1500. We'll take our business elsewhere." If the club has made a conscious money-saving decision to cut kids membership packs, some corporate knob jockey must be made accountable for this. This is all the club's issue and seperate to Puma.

Onto Puma... North fans have been crying out for some quality apparel for years now. Yeah COVID delays blah blah, cut the s**t. Don't want excuses. You knew how many members we've had for the last 10 years, you've seen our sales figures and the demand for merchandise. I guarantee the club didn't make it clear in the apparel sponsorship contract "we need X amount of units of every item by February for preorders to be sent out early-Feb and ALL STORES to be stocked by March". Fair enough hold onto Indigenous guernsey releases etc. until required, but this isn't Puma's first year providing apparel for football clubs. Puma also supply Carlton, Richmond and GWS - I'd be surprised if they were having the same issues we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back