Punk! Punk! Punk!

Remove this Banner Ad

haa haa. My issue is that I am genuinely not interested in criticism. I have heard it all before and that to me seems to be the only reason that that site, and similar, exist. I no longer read them as I do not care what they say. I can make my own mind up and move on quickly. Why complain about what you don't like when there is 50 gig and blog world sitting there to be explored.
I agree. As I've said before, with the advent of high speed internet, music blogs, last.fm etc., the pretentious musings of various self-absorbed music critics have become irrelevant. I can hear the material for myself within the minute....

Anyone else a fan of Snuff? Great band. Was even lucky enough to see them in 1997 when they supported NoFX.

I've got their album "Snuff says......" which is a great album. There was also an Australian band called Snuff about 1997 but they changed their name to Moler before recording.

For mine it's

1. Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?
2. London Dungeon
3. Last Caress
4. Die Die My Darling
5. Bullet

Die Die my Darling!!!

'Memories of the obscene T - Shirt I used ot wear in my youth':)

Ramones
Sex Pistols
Clash
Stranglers
Buzzcocks
Damned
Adverts
X Ray Spex
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Skids
Stiff Little Fingers
UK Subs
Saints
The Leftovers
Victims
JAB
Flowers ( the punk jukebox)
What is the context of that list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the context of that list?
They were the bands i was into as a teen, i was to young to go to gigs until later, but i did see most of them play eventually..I would buy every punk single released at the time, it was a bit hit or miss, but it was fun on a journey of discovery...

Ramones
Sex Pistols
Clash
Stranglers
Buzzcocks
Damned
Adverts
X Ray Spex
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Skids
Stiff Little Fingers
UK Subs
Saints
The Leftovers
Victims
JAB
Flowers ( the punk jukebox)
Proper old school.

You into old english stuff Bad Manners etc?
US Hardcore Agnostic Front?

Not a lot of people know this but all girl band and recent Hall of Famer's The Go Go's started out as a punk band in LA, there first performance was at a club called the Masque in 1978 and by all accounts they were the worst band in history, none of the girls could play and Belinda Carlisle couldn't sing, but Jane Wiedlin did look cute as a punk. :D

My introduction to The Go Go's was while living in LA in mid 1979, a friend of mine gave me a copy of a bootleg cassette tape that was made at one their gigs at the Whiskey a few months prior. The quality sucked but they were starting to sound okay.

My favourite track was a song called "We're Here Now".

By the end of 1979 songs like "We Got The Beat" and "Our Lips Are Sealed" enter their playlist and band started to develop their more New Wave/Pop sound that took them to success in the early '80's.

Last edited:
One of my favourite releases from the late 70's UK punk scene is the Models Man Of The Year. Not the Australian band formed by Sean Kelly but a English Punk band formed in late '76, early '77 by Marco Pirroni and Terry Lee Miall who later achieved fame with Adam & The Ants. This is the one and only release before they disbanded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back