Punt rd development

smasha

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree history is important but I don't think the stand can survive to be honest - just an opinion.

Our history will remain as we will stay at PRO and not Dingley or Tullamarine.I agree, I would rather go state of the art facilities all around the oval with a small stands to accommodate VFL games.
Or move to Richmond like Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenacious T

Premiership Member
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
MUFC, MVFC
if by prided ourselves on the clubs history you mean one statue of jack dyer, a dilapidated grand stand full of possum shit and a museum run in a basement by an old nuffy out of his own pocket, then yep, the rfc is proud as punch. the only thing about our history the club was proud of was our past success because it doesn’t cost any money
Shouldn't be so negative p2b.
You must think money grows on trees. Clubs only been debt free last few years.
Club was almost bankrupt, so I reckon building a new grandstand would be the last thing on their mind.
Maybe you should visit the museum and that 'nuffy' so you can appreciate the clubs past.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Brendan Gale announced last night (Roaming Brian) that we have received a $15m federal government grant to upgrade our facilities.

I can't seem to find anything from the club which explains what the plans are?

Any help KiwiTiger ?
only 15m ? thats nothing

tell em we dont want it

AFL Club
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sir_Loin

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
What a disgrace Richmond station is serving up to 75000 sports fans- it’s a national embarrassment- go to most top grounds os and it is smooth efficient and multi purpose
Anyone catching the train from Richmond las night after the game will see the entire precinct needs redevelopment. I guess it’s just timing now can’t see it happening any time soon

AFL Club
Richmond
Am I the only supporter who's upset about plans for an upgrade that means we lose the old members stand. If its not possible to redevelop the facilities and keep the stand I'd be amazed. This stand is part of Richmond's heritage...the suburb and the football club. Its important to protect out heritage.

cairo tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers
Am I the only supporter who's upset about plans for an upgrade that means we lose the old members stand. If its not possible to redevelop the facilities and keep the stand I'd be amazed. This stand is part of Richmond's heritage...the suburb and the football club. Its important to protect out heritage.
Personally I couldn’t give a toss about the old derelect stand I want modern special features and an urgent dismantling of that thing you call a railway station

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Imo we have to move with the times. If its ok to redo the mcg, then its ok for our little stand too. There is no reason we cant name it the same anyway.

However the big issue is getting labor on board, as Liberal has a snowflakes chance of winning at the next federal election.

AFL Club
Richmond
Am I the only supporter who's upset about plans for an upgrade that means we lose the old members stand.
You are definitely not alone. There are tens of diseased possums that will stand in solidarity with you as the RFC bring in the bulldozers. :thumbsu:

rfctiger74

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
Easily fixed , off. Site parking and courtesy bus
That's a rubbish solution when the competing locations don't even need it. Means it becomes more expensive and more inconvenient than the competition.

Remember the mob who have the catering contract did try to sell themselves for external events. It was a massive failure though because hardly anyone wants events there. They are also massively overpriced before you start throwing in free courtesy buses

Top Bottom