Punt rd development

I agree history is important but I don't think the stand can survive to be honest - just an opinion.

Our history will remain as we will stay at PRO and not Dingley or Tullamarine.I agree, I would rather go state of the art facilities all around the oval with a small stands to accommodate VFL games.

Or move to Richmond like Collingwood.

if by prided ourselves on the clubs history you mean one statue of jack dyer, a dilapidated grand stand full of possum s**t and a museum run in a basement by an old nuffy out of his own pocket, then yep, the rfc is proud as punch. the only thing about our history the club was proud of was our past success because it doesn’t cost any money
Shouldn't be so negative p2b.
You must think money grows on trees. Clubs only been debt free last few years.
Club was almost bankrupt, so I reckon building a new grandstand would be the last thing on their mind.
Maybe you should visit the museum and that 'nuffy' so you can appreciate the clubs past.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Brendan Gale announced last night (Roaming Brian) that we have received a $15m federal government grant to upgrade our facilities.

I can't seem to find anything from the club which explains what the plans are?

Any help KiwiTiger ?
only 15m ? thats nothing

tell em we dont want it

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol made me laugh , ****en oath we do. Build a social club on the terraces and rent out for conferences during the week ,, so easy

its a s**t location for conferences thanks to SFA carparking

What a disgrace Richmond station is serving up to 75000 sports fans- it’s a national embarrassment- go to most top grounds os and it is smooth efficient and multi purpose

Anyone catching the train from Richmond las night after the game will see the entire precinct needs redevelopment. I guess it’s just timing now can’t see it happening any time soon

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers
Am I the only supporter who's upset about plans for an upgrade that means we lose the old members stand. If its not possible to redevelop the facilities and keep the stand I'd be amazed. This stand is part of Richmond's heritage...the suburb and the football club. Its important to protect out heritage.
Personally I couldn’t give a toss about the old derelect stand I want modern special features and an urgent dismantling of that thing you call a railway station

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Am I the only supporter who's upset about plans for an upgrade that means we lose the old members stand. If its not possible to redevelop the facilities and keep the stand I'd be amazed. This stand is part of Richmond's heritage...the suburb and the football club. Its important to protect out heritage.
Imo we have to move with the times. If its ok to redo the mcg, then its ok for our little stand too. There is no reason we cant name it the same anyway.

However the big issue is getting labor on board, as Liberal has a snowflakes chance of winning at the next federal election.

Easily fixed , off. Site parking and courtesy bus

That's a rubbish solution when the competing locations don't even need it. Means it becomes more expensive and more inconvenient than the competition.

Remember the mob who have the catering contract did try to sell themselves for external events. It was a massive failure though because hardly anyone wants events there. They are also massively overpriced before you start throwing in free courtesy buses

Back