Remove this Banner Ad

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

Given the state of covid and moving forward in 2022 do you reckon this is still a possibility ?

More jobs is a bonus for melbounre and it introduces a state of the art stadium for AFLW potentially a GF location and the tigers playing interstate teams at punt road.
I have always thought/hoped something like this would happen. I think it makes sense for the AFL to develop as of location, you can see virtual double headers with say Richmond v Adelaide there then Melbourne v Bulldogs at G, use your idea also for it to be ALFW main venue, its all positive and obviously good for us financially, as long as it always remains our club venue and training facility I think it would be great.

All I ask is for us to play Geelol there while they still play us at the MCG for their home games

I have always thought/hoped something like this would happen. I think it makes sense for the AFL to develop as of location, you can see virtual double headers with say Richmond v Adelaide there then Melbourne v Bulldogs at G, use your idea also for it to be ALFW main venue, its all positive and obviously good for us financially, as long as it always remains our club venue and training facility I think it would be great.
Complete waste of money for the biggest club in the league that averages 61k per Home game pre pandemic , mcg is our home , Punt rd for gf training runs , vfl and aflw with 5-8k capacity

Complete waste of money for the biggest club in the league that averages 61k per Home game pre pandemic , mcg is our home , Punt rd for gf training runs , vfl and aflw with 5-8k capacity
Wrong

Naming rights to stands and advertisements deals would be way better than 61k tickets at the MCG. Percentage of food and Alcohol sold as well

Hosting the AFLW grandfinal and potential concerts

It would be a done deal if the AFL allows it

I'd love it, especially if it had the same dimensions as the MCG and we could pack it out for interstate games.

Because of COVID, no chance in the next 20 years imo.

I think the opposite

Vic/ Banks would be handing out loans left right and center to boost jobs and the economy

I think the opposite

Vic/ Banks would be handing out loans left right and center to boost jobs and the economy
Yeh but clubs and the AFL have taken a big hit that will set back growth and a safer defensive strategy is likely the one they employ rather than build a stadium 300m from another one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong

Naming rights to stands and advertisements deals would be way better than 61k tickets at the MCG. Percentage of food and Alcohol sold as well

Hosting the AFLW grandfinal and potential concerts

It would be a done deal if the AFL allows it
so you think it would be in our interests to build a stadium that houses less of our 100,000 members than more , makes sense :think:

so you think it would be in our interests to build a stadium that houses less of our 100,000 members than more , makes sense :think:
yes, if we play interstae teams and others like north or bottom 4 sides that cant draw a crowed. Have two memberships one that is that standard membership and a premium one that includes Punt Road games and only limit it to 37k memberships 3k aside for away fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back