Punters unite

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite play recently is using PYOL on centrebet and multi-ing 5 games I feel pretty good about at odds of $1.20-$1.50. Gone pretty well:thumbsu:

Study........study and study. When you have studied your eyes out, get some new eyes and keep studying the game your punting on.
Still peoples earning a living punting......

Yeah, just to give you an example, this week I did:

Carlton+37.5 at $1.23 into
Adelaide-21.5 at $1.49 into
West Coast-5.5 at $1.32 into
Brisbane +110.5 at $1.18.

Came out to $2.85 and wasn't really threatened.

Nice, very nice indeed.

Do you need an online account to use that facility?

Something about online betting accounts just doesn't sit right with me. It's just a little too convenient.

Nice, very nice indeed.

Do you need an online account to use that facility?

Something about online betting accounts just doesn't sit right with me. It's just a little too convenient.

Yeah I think so.

And it's way too convenient. Especially on a dull day when you've got the races on.

But really, all gambling requires some self control whether you're actually making your way to the TAB or not. I find the biggest weakness of online is your natural inclination to reinvest your winnings rather than withdraw. Whereas at least with the TAB the winnings become $$$ in your pocket.

^^
Yeah, apparently it's a nuisance to actually claim your credits? 100 points of ID etc ... Is that true?

Sounds like it's designed so that you'll keep your credits sitting there rather than cash them in - which is really just an interest free loan to the betting agency.

Never used one though so can't vouch for whether the pros outweigh the cons.

^^
Yeah, apparently it's a nuisance to actually claim your credits? 100 points of ID etc ... Is that true?

Changes from site to site. Can't remember what I did with centrebet. From memory I think a combination of credit card numbers, passport numbers and driver's licence numbers was enough.

You only have to enter it once though to withdraw. You don't have to enter it every time you withdraw.

Sounds like it's designed so that you'll keep your credits sitting there rather than cash them in - which is really just an interest free loan to the betting agency.

I suspect that's a lot of the business model some of the big sites run on.

Really depends how much you're going to gamble with and whether you regard gambling as something you really want to make money from or more something as a recreational pursuit to make the weekend a tad more interesting.

I well and truly fall into the latter so having it all as play money where the numbers go up and down on the screen doesn't phase me too much.

The Punting Board itself here is a gold mine of information. Was very handy when I was getting started.

I had $800 in my account off of $200 at Christmas this year, went to withdraw it, then realised had to go through all of that junk so kept it in there.

Got down to $150, put that on the Crows over Brisbane and Gunston to kick the first goal, lost a bit on a couple of other dumb bets, then won again on the weekend.

The other dangerous, dumb thing I do is throwing $20 bets at sneaky multis on a regular basis.

Need to stop doing that.

Had the Sydney-Bulldogs-Richmond yesterday which was a good one. Just over $5 odds. But you're right, they can nail you.....

There was one fella on one of the boards in here, who had an 8 game multi, all either 1-39 or 39+....He had one dollar on it, at odds of over 17,000-1.

He got 7/8, and the game he missed was out by a couple of points. Cruel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was one fella on one of the boards in here, who had an 8 game multi, all either 1-39 or 39+....He had one dollar on it, at odds of over 17,000-1.

He got 7/8, and the game he missed was out by a couple of points. Cruel.

If it was the last game you're insane for not hedging that to be honest.

When I have a punt it is always on the low side (10-20) a week max. As such I like to back bigger odds for a better pay out, first goal kicker or quater by quater leader. Have hit a couple of times this year, gunston against bris and port/port/port/bris. Another thing I like to do but is more for the insanity of it is try pick all 4 first goal kickers in the Sat games, for instance on the weekend I had a 200,000-1 bet for 2 dollars:) never going to happen but if it did would be an amazing story.

Best win this year was GC to beat Port only had 10 on it but it payed well bout 190 all up also had Port mates watching which made it all the more sweeter!

Hey Guys,
Not so much footy related but odds are up for the Cox Plate and So You Think is listed at $12 !
All stories indicate he will be coming over as Aus officials have inspected quarantine conditions at Ballydoyle in Ireland, if he does make the journey would be very hard to see him beaten, Whobegotyou is the fav and So You Think has made him his bitch over the previous times they have clashed.

quarter by quarter is a good way to go if you want some big odds. especially if you can multi one into another.

I only bet very small, but I had a couple of nice wins on the weekend.
$4 on Hawthorn <40 into Adelaide >40, paying $5.06
$4 on West Coast 25+ into Western Bulldogs 25+ into Richmond (just a win), paying $5.25

I lost $2 on a first goalscorer bet, but I still turned $10 into just over $40.

Multi for this week, I'm thinking.

Collingwood - 1.05, Hawthorn - 1.14, Geelong - 1.09, West Coast 1.33 - Melbourne 1.12, Essendon 1.04

= $2.02

Odds taken from the AFL website (betfair)

If you're feeling brave you can add St Kilda ($1.87) and Adelaide ($1.41) into the mix.

Probably one of the most one-sided rounds of the year as far as odds go. Lots of red-hot favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back