Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
Seems like forever now that the class of '99 have been the youngsters coming through to take us to a flag. These guys aren't kids anymore, they are coming into their 10th season next year and my question is when do they qualify for the veterans list? and how many can we have on the veterans list at one time.

We have Gilbee, Gia, Hargrave and Murph in their 10th season next year and Crossy in his 9th. Having atleast a few of these guys on the VL should leave plenty of room in the cap to retain the younger blokes.

Seems like forever now that the class of '99 have been the youngsters coming through to take us to a flag. These guys aren't kids anymore, they are coming into their 10th season next year and my question is when do they qualify for the veterans list? and how many can we have on the veterans list at one time.

We have Gilbee, Gia, Hargrave and Murph in their 10th season next year and Crossy in his 9th. Having atleast a few of these guys on the VL should leave plenty of room in the cap to retain the younger blokes.

Not yet.

They have to turn 30 by a certain date during the year as well. (none of them will next year)
Mitch Hahn will be the first one to reach 30 out of this group in May 2011. Hargraves and Gilbee turn 30 July the same year Gia, Boyd and Murph follow in 2012.

Currently a club can only nominate 2 players from its list as veterans. But they must have at least 10 years continuous service at that club so Aker and Welsh cannot become veterans here.

But Nathan Eagleton plays his 10th continuous year for us this year and he turns 30 late this year, so I think he could possibly be nominated as a veteran for us in 2010. Nathan came over from Port Adelaide in 2000.

Johnno is currently our only veteran I think.

Unfortunatley I don't think some of our Class of 99 will make the veterans list. Although they have the skill and hopefully form, IMO players like Hahn will more than likley succumb to injuries that will shorten their career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back