Game Day Purple Haze gives Carlton the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit to Carlton, after quarter time they were slightly better than us and absolutely killed us in the stoppages to the point that it actually looked like we were allowing them to win they were doing it so easily.

It’s a shame that the end and the result had to be marred by a howler of a mistake by the umps but what a magnificent kick by Newnes! All credit to him for taking the gift and making the most of it.

We just weren’t good enough and the first time for a few weeks we had some passengers.

Spot on. We were smashed in the midfield and continually put our defence in the gun. If Carlton took their chances that game would have been long gone before the end of the 4th

So now you are changing your post to "not downfield" now? Like I said you win the prize for being the dumbest poster to visit our forum today. Should we request a badge from the mods?
Interpret it whatever way you want. Makes up for the shot Mackay should've got directly Infront for dropping the ball. The cream rose to the top in the end

I can live with the Tabs deliberate but that second free was absolute bullshit and smacked of the ump actively looking for a reason to give them a free.

Brayshaw has jumped in the air then braces with his hands so he wouldn't crash into the Blues player on the way down. It wasn't a late hit because it wasn't even a hit, he was actively avoiding hitting him. Absolutely robbed. Complete bullshit.
Remember when Langdon kicked it 70m against the Demons to hit the behind post and the maggots gave a free kick.

Saw this posted in the main board.
""The free kick is awarded at the spot where the kick or handpass lands or is first possessed, to the nearest player to the spot (unless the disposal is backwards, or the ball lands out of bounds or through for a behind, in which case the free kick is awarded to the infringed player at the spot of the infringement"

Feel seriously bad for you guys, you got robbed at the end there.

If it's any consolation:

- Luke Ryan needs to get his measurements taken because he's AA this year for SURE

- Brayshaw and Cerra look like absolute guns

- That is the first time I have seen Weitering beaten this year, you have something with Tabs

You guys have a fantastic young core and I look forward to our games every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newnes misses from 10m out running at goal. Slots it from 40 with about 1m of goal to aim at. I both hate and love footy.

Except both of the Freo frees weren't downfield and had to come back!
And the Freo frees were for blatant and illegal two hand pushes in the back, whereas Brayshaw was in midair and made front on contact just after the ball was kicked.

Nevermind, the free was taken closer to the goals than where the ball went out of bounds and was taken by the wrong Carlton player.

I remember a game almost 30 years ago when Fitzroy were beaten by Adelaide with a kick after the siren after a string of deplorable decisions against them in the last minute or so. I haven't seen a team as blatantly robbed as that as what you guys were tonight. That was shameful umpiring. The deliberate against Taberner was questionable, the downfield was absolute garbage and even if it wasn't it shouldn't have been downfield. And even then they give the kick to the wrong bloke - Gibbons can't kick over a jam tin! Total stitch up.

One of the worst games I've seen in a while, I'll take the win but I'm struggling to think of too many positives from my players. I don't think either team will be thrilled by what they dished up.

Can't believe how many times we just chucked it on the boot and hit a Freo player on the chest, I know there was some pressure at times but that wasn't always the case.

Fyfe threatened to win it for you through sheer brute strength & will to win, not sure that Longmuir used him as well as he could have.

Interpret it whatever way you want. Makes up for the shot Mackay should've got directly Infront for dropping the ball. The cream rose to the top in the end
You really want that badge don't you? You'll look foolish once you go back and look at the footage. No question we should have gotten a bigger lead and then it wouldn't have come down to a kick at the end. But (a) the deliberate OOB was BS; (b) the free kick was against player who jumped directly up and came down - no forward momentum; (c) if the ball goes out of bounds it should come back to where the infringement happened; (d) the wrong player took the kick, Newnes wasn't closest.

We are all aware of how dumb you are, you don't need to keep proving yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back