Not open for further replies.

tigers12

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 5, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That would have be the most disgraceful down field free I have ever seen If I was the coach I wouldn’t turn up to the presser imagine if that was in a grand final

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was the deliberate against Taberner that f’ed us over. campaigners.

Carlton were kicking down the line for territory all game. To give a free against a bloke who is chasing the ball to the sideline in the wet just because he touches it before it goes out is just lunacy.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carlton rinsed by the umps all night. Were the better team and deserved it. That last freekick was no different to the two downfields paid 2 minutes before.
Well done. Dumbest comment of the night. The ones to us weren't downfield - go back and watch, the ball came all the way back to our defensive 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Credit to Carlton, after quarter time they were slightly better than us and absolutely killed us in the stoppages to the point that it actually looked like we were allowing them to win they were doing it so easily.

It’s a shame that the end and the result had to be marred by a howler of a mistake by the umps but what a magnificent kick by Newnes! All credit to him for taking the gift and making the most of it.

We just weren’t good enough and the first time for a few weeks we had some passengers.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Robbed, extremely frustrated, but let's be honest, if Carlton kicked straight we would've loss by more

You are not wrong, we played poorly after first quarter, I thought they would overrun us in the 4th. With that said though the game was saved, it took some cheats with whistles to turn the game.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Well done. Dumbest comment of the night. The ones to us weren't downfield - go back and watch, the ball came all the way back to our defensive 50.
There has to be someone down the field for it to be paid down field. Those kicks were to no one and hence brought back and paid as a push.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
There has to be someone down the field for it to be paid down field. Those kicks were to no one and hence brought back and paid as a push.
So now you are changing your post to "not downfield" now? Like I said you win the prize for being the dumbest poster to visit our forum today. Should we request a badge from the mods?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I can live with the Tabs deliberate but that second free was absolute bullshit and smacked of the ump actively looking for a reason to give them a free.

Brayshaw has jumped in the air then braces with his hands so he wouldn't crash into the Blues player on the way down. It wasn't a late hit because it wasn't even a hit, he was actively avoiding hitting him. Absolutely robbed. Complete bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back