Game Day Purple Haze gives Carlton the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, how in the world can umpires make not 1 not 2 but 3 blatant errors in the space of about 10 seconds that changes the winner of a match, absolutely livid at some of the most disgraceful umpiring ever and it just consistently happens to fremantle over and over and over again. VFL trying there best to boot fremantle out of the comp i reckon

The deliberate against Tabener was wrong.
The front on free to Docherty was correct.
The downfield free was wrong.
The free kick should have been given to Gibbons, not Newnes.

In one passage of play, the umpires got one decision right, thankfully this time it was my mob getting the benefit of these unprofessional errors.
The Tab's free was correct. He hit the ball straight over the line.

Yes I agree. Technically it was there especially in a close game where they are conscious of time. The stupid umpires kept saying get up and get on with the kick etc.

The next one was a series of wrong. Soft front on, went out of bounds so back to where kicked and the closest player to the ball landing was Gibbons. Absolutely gutted.

I reckon it was really soft given how close he was to the line and the state of the match.

I'll be honest, I hate the deliberate rule at any time given how spasmodic the interpretations are, I'd rather they got rid of it altogether.

Credit to Carlton, after quarter time they were slightly better than us and absolutely killed us in the stoppages to the point that it actually looked like we were allowing them to win they were doing it so easily.

It’s a shame that the end and the result had to be marred by a howler of a mistake by the umps but what a magnificent kick by Newnes! All credit to him for taking the gift and making the most of it.

We just weren’t good enough and the first time for a few weeks we had some passengers.
But we were good enough. It's just that 3 AFL umpires didn't know the rules. It can't be paid down field if it's kicked out on the full, obviously.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on. We were smashed in the midfield and continually put our defence in the gun. If Carlton took their chances that game would have been long gone before the end of the 4th
Bullshit. That game was decided by umps not knowing the rules. If Carlton took their chances blah blah blah. What if we took our chances? Their bad kicking is bad football. That game was not decided by footballers of either team

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back