Purple Pride

Remove this Banner Ad

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
What jumper will we wear if we make the GF again?
The AFL want one team to wear white shorts & it seems that the lower placed team wears the white during finals.
Given that if we make it, we will probably face either Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong, & they all finished the H&A above us, will we be wearing white shorts in the GF (should we make it)?
Then the question becomes, does the club choose to wear the white jumper again?
I'd prefer us to wear the purple jumper, no matter the colour of the shorts.
How do others feel about this?
If there is a groundswell of opinion here, do we pass the message to the club?
Or am I getting ahead of myself?
Go Freo!

Agaisnt Sydney, Geelong or NM I reckon we're in purple, becuase they are all predominantly white. Against hawks, in white again. The rest are interesting though. If Port make it I think we're in purple but Richmond and Essendon I reckon AFL choose white for us.

Port, Richmond and Essendon is ranked lower than us. If we meet them in the GF we wear purple.

Port, Richmond and Essendon is ranked lower than us. If we meet them in the GF we wear purple.
Richmond and Essendon....
Victorian teams, they'll wear home guernseys. Though I doubt either will make the PF, let alone the GF.

What jumper will we wear if we make the GF again?
The AFL want one team to wear white shorts & it seems that the lower placed team wears the white during finals.
Given that if we make it, we will probably face either Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong, & they all finished the H&A above us, will we be wearing white shorts in the GF (should we make it)?
Then the question becomes, does the club choose to wear the white jumper again?
I'd prefer us to wear the purple jumper, no matter the colour of the shorts.
How do others feel about this?
If there is a groundswell of opinion here, do we pass the message to the club?
Or am I getting ahead of myself?
Go Freo!
One week at a time...

But yes, i too would rather we wear purple all the time regardless of shorts. I rememeber a few years ago the club hierachy came out and said that it is their preference to wear the purple as much as possible regardless of the shorts. I guess that changed once we got the chevrons as it became more about the uniform and sponsor deals with woodside and Integrated. Woodside feature predominantly on the purple and Integrated predominantly on the white. Would not surprise me that when the integrated sponsorship contract was drawn up there was a clause in there saying white shorts equals white jumper

No matter how you look at it, we would be wearing purple. If we knock off Sydney we would then be the better placed team, therefore we would get the first preference of strip colour. If we lose we would most likely play geelong or sydney, both teams we can wear purple because it wouldn't clash with red and white or blue and white. Maybe if geelong had a hissyfit and wanted to wear blue shorts then I'm not too sure, but it would make sense of they wore white shorts

If we're told to wear white shorts, we wear the white guernsey. White shorts with the purple guernsey just looks ridiculous.

If we're told to wear white shorts, we wear the white guernsey. White shorts with the purple guernsey just looks ridiculous.
This.

Am I alone in thinking I honestly don't care which version we wear? It's not like some of the teams where the away guernsey is completely different to the home one. Ours is always purple white & chevrons, and both look great. As long as the shorts match the top I'm happy with either.

Unless it's a non-GF home game. Because home teams should always be allowed the choice to wear their home strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok, my bad.
& I have just watched the final vs sydney from last year & we were wearing all purple.
obviously that would clash less with red & white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back