Toast Put your Betts on Eddie - 250 Games

Eddie will go down equal with Darren Jarman as our greatest ever acquisition

He's been nothing short of magical since moving across. Lets hope we get a few more years from him

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Betts has been massive for us since we got him after the dark year for our club that was 2013. His great form over the past few seasons has contributed a lot to elevating the popularity of the Crows. Everyone idolises him, even most Port fans I've personally met.

I'm thanking Eddie in particular if we win a flag this year, together with Rory and Tex.

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Eddie Betts a bigger cult figure than Tony Modra in his prime.. I remember watching Modra at Football Park as a kid and it was unreal.. But the love for Eddie Betts takes the cake for mine. When he lines up from the pocket it's truely something else..

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Is Eddie Betts a bigger cult figure than Tony Modra in his prime.. I remember watching Modra at Football Park as a kid and it was unreal.. But the love for Eddie Betts takes the cake for mine. When he lines up from the pocket it's truely something else..
So close. A tie I reckon.

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
Eddie will go down equal with Darren Jarman as our greatest ever acquisition

He's been nothing short of magical since moving across. Lets hope we get a few more years from him
Wins us a GF then he is close to equal.
But damn what he has done in 3 seasons has been nothing short of awesome. He has really driven the unselfish nature of our forward line and you can see the work he does with Charlie and the other indigenous players. Worth his weight in gold.

Na, not even close. Can't even put into words how huge Modra was in 1993

DynaBass

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2009
Northcote
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember when everyone said we overpaid for him! Sheesh. Got a Carlton mate who still thinks Eddie goes missing and doesn't put in :rolleyes:

He's a bloody superstar and its been exciting supporting the team with him in. Now go earn yourself a premiership medal mate!!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Remember when everyone said we overpaid for him! Sheesh. Got a Carlton mate who still thinks Eddie goes missing and doesn't put in :rolleyes:

He's a bloody superstar and its been exciting supporting the team with him in. Now go earn yourself a premiership medal mate!!
Is that you Rooch ;) :p

The money was never the problem , it was the length of the contract I was worried about. More fool me. Give him another 4For

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Eddie doesn't get the fangirls that Modra got. My wife originally chose to wear #6 as her number for hockey as that was "Tony's" number.

Both equally exciting to watch though. Eddie for his ability to kick impossible goals and get past opponents when it doesn't seem possible. Modra for his high flying marks and ability to kick a bag.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

I was one who said we overpaid. Thought something like $400k/year was more in line with what he was worth, but was ok with it as I understood that we needed to offset draft sanctions and that free agents cost more to get them to move clubs.

If anything he's been a bargain though.

Even after his first season here, I doubt anyone would have predicted that he'd kick even more goals in 2015 than he did in 2014 and then even more again in 2016 (not yet, but he's very close) and win AA both years (again, not yet, but likely).

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Remember the good ol days when we never had a small forward... everyone was crying out for one... now we have many :)

It often amuses me to think we spent the mid 2000s bemoaning having an elite midfield but no forward line to speak of. Give it 10 years, the strengths and weaknesses have been displaced.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
What a pick up he has been.

Well done Eddie, how lucky are we to have him playing our great game.

Rip it up great man!

G'day Crows , got to say congratulations to Eddie Betts , a genius footballer , skills galore , wonderful to watch , as dangerous as Cyril and maybe more dangerous when goal sneaking. A really clever player.

Thanks for the entertainment Eddie you are a bonefide Champion. 250 games CONGRATULATIONS!

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Probably second to Darren Jarman (apologies to Thommo) in terms of bringing in a guy from another club and making an impact.

Not just for his ability, but bringing life to our "match day experience" and providing a chant that is positive and truly organic

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
With the idiotic banana incident what's been lost a bit is the celebration of his career. He showed again last night how ******* good he is. He is a bloody superstar.

As a small forward he has kicked over 60 goals on the back of 50+ last year. This to go along with his score assists and pressure.

Well done Eddie you legend.

plugger59

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2006
Largs North
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts has been massive for us since we got him after the dark year for our club that was 2013. His great form over the past few seasons has contributed a lot to elevating the popularity of the Crows. Everyone idolises him, even most Port fans I've personally met.

I have a 15 yo niece who has come on board as huge Crows fan solely on the back of Eddie.

I seriously doubt the Port love. I have a few pear supporters at work and they cannot stand him along with most of their friends apparently. i'd say it's got more to do with the fact that he is just too good!

Is Eddie Betts a bigger cult figure than Tony Modra in his prime.. I remember watching Modra at Football Park as a kid and it was unreal.. But the love for Eddie Betts takes the cake for mine.

mmm…. not even close imo. And I never missed a game throughout Mod's career.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
With the idiotic banana incident what's been lost a bit is the celebration of his career. He showed again last night how ******* good he is. He is a bloody superstar.

As a small forward he has kicked over 60 goals on the back of 50+ last year. This to go along with his score assists and pressure.

Well done Eddie you legend.

He kicked 63 last year, including finals. Already passed that with 1 H&A game and (hopefully) at least 2 finals)

He kicked 51 (?) the year before

Back