Putting it out there: Who was this years Bob Murphy Medalist?

Who will be the inaugural Bob Murphy Medalist

• Daniel Rioli

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Someone else?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What do the likes of Cam Mooney, Brent Renouf, Daniel Riolol and Daniel Venables have in common? That’s right, their mates had to carry them in a grand final and they got a medal for it. To throw out the quote of the weekend, these guys will forever have a hard time looking the emergencies in the eye. Surely it’s time to give credit where credit is due and name them for the annals.

What do the likes of Cam Mooney, Brent Renouf, Daniel Riolol and Daniel Venables have in common? That’s right, their mates had to carry them in a grand final and they got a medal for it. To throw out the quote of the weekend, these guys will forever have a hard time looking the emergencies in the eye. Surely it’s time to give credit where credit is due and name them for the annals.
Whose Daniel Venables?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

But in a football sense he was carried a lot more than vlaustin
Still managed to totally out perform Rohan, if we went on stats alone at Richmond then Grimsey would be in the same boat but we all know he owned Rohan then Dangerflop.

It's the little things our players do that don't gather stats that make us so hard to beat.

Don't we have the Cyril already? He is, after all, just a "Gary Rohan" in a flag winning side

Nice fred title too

Don't we have the Cyril already? He is, after all, just a "Gary Rohan" in a flag winning side

Nice fred title too
I am, as they say, always on the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is the ideal person to name it after is.. you guessed it... Leon Davis

He got a premiership medal despite not even running onto the field

I mean there have been some real s**t-truck premiership players, would the medal be named after a player that just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and never featured in another successful side?

Or should we reward consistent shitness in a winning team?

I mean there have been some real sh*t-truck premiership players, would the medal be named after a player that just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and never featured in another successful side?

I’m listening

Alex Rance? Shannon Byrnes?

I mean there have been some real sh*t-truck premiership players, would the medal be named after a player that just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and never featured in another successful side?

Des Headland says hello!

I’m listening

Well an example of the first would be a Jonathan Simpkin, who stole a premiership over whoever the Hawks sub was in 2013, in his only grand final appearance, arguable its a waste to name a medal after him though.

On the other hand
Des Headland says hello!
Wasn't exactly what I was thinking Des, at least he had a long career, but definitely the right idea, carried to a win in a great side never to feature near a grand final again.

Were all getting stuck into the lower level, lower paid players, should the award be named after highly paid superstars who talk the talk but cant walk the walk for their team on big occasions, I'm thinking Dangerfield?

Last years Prelim 2 kicks after half time
This years GF 7 kicks, 1 mark 3 tackles

His stats were similar to both Rohan and Rioli but we at Richmond know that at least Rioli does the one percenters.

Dusty brushed Danger off in the last moments of the game like he was a lady reporter in a Chinese restaurant.

Back