Putting the Whistle Away

Remove this Banner Ad

The crap at the end about Brisbane ducking is just ridiculous in isolation. Collingwood, led by Daicos, wer3 ducking just as much. If you aren't prepared to speak objectively then go back under your bridge

Lol, they got 4-5 free kicks from ducking or throwing the head back when no head high contact was made…

Yet Bigfooty will tell you it was all Daicos who didn’t even get the free for the duck but the secondary whack across the face…

I want consistent rules consistently applied.
The AFL has always felt a little bit amateurish to me due to the umpiring.

Like how a player will get given less time behind the mark in the 4th quarter of a close game compared to in the 1st quarter, or the 4th quarter of a game that is a blowout.

It just reeks of unprofessionalism that the rules are bent at the whim of the umpires.

The deliberate OOB is another joke, the umpires know full well at times that a kick is a shank or has taken a sideways bounce and they call deliberate. It is supposed to be about sufficient intent and they turn it into a situational tool.

Hard to take it seriously at times.

Can someone explain to me, its annoyed me for the longest time, when a player has had time to dispose of the ball but it gets 'knocked loose / spilled out' why is that not ever paid as holding the ball? is that not incorrect disposal

Can someone explain to me, its annoyed me for the longest time, when a player has had time to dispose of the ball but it gets 'knocked loose / spilled out' why is that not ever paid as holding the ball? is that not incorrect disposal
I am almost 100% sure it used to be until about 2013ish. I think there was a interpretation change that was made for that. I can't even name a HTB free kick that was paid where I thought it was incorrect because the "ball was knocked free" but I have seen plenty that havent been paid using the same thinking

I am almost 100% sure it used to be until about 2013ish. I think there was a interpretation change that was made for that. I can't even name a HTB free kick that was paid where I thought it was incorrect because the "ball was knocked free" but I have seen plenty that havent been paid using the same thinking
Earlier. Was around 2003 they changed it. A young chance Bateman got tackled (or rather the ball was knocked out of his hands), and ball got paid. Cost hawks a finals spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back