News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman: No, there's not termination payment. But on a separate and unrelated note, this week we've decided to donate to the Don Pyke Children Private Education fund, the Don Pyke Golf Membership fund, the Don Pyke International travel Charity and an undisclosed Upper Middle Class Housing Project in Western Australia....

They might give him a guaranteed ad campaign with Balfours in lieu of the final two years.

Can't argue that Clarke hasn't done well with the AFLW team. There used to be almost as many calls for his head as Campo's - those callers have all gone silent this year, partly due to the emergence of ROB, and partly due to his success with the AFLW team. Note that nobody has listed him in their "top-5 AFC personnel who need to be sacked" lists.

Burton, on the other hand, needs to be drummed out of the club ASAP.

Started doing his job

Bitterly disappointed by this. Thought he was the right guy, but we needed to surround him with better people. If he is the ONLY one to go out of our present group of coaches... I’m not sure how I’ll respond to that, but pretty sure it won’t be pleasant.

Bitterly disappointed by this. Thought he was the right guy, but we needed to surround him with better people. If he is the ONLY one to go out of our present group of coaches... I’m not sure how I’ll respond to that, but pretty sure it won’t be pleasant.
I've been clear all along. If Burton and Campo are at the club, I'm out. This changes nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke just made the following comment, "To get the club back to playing consistent finals footy".

Herein lies the biggest issue that the club has, this is what the club ultimately views as success.

Not premierships, just playing consistent finals footy.

Consistently getting flogged in finals.

I feel the same Jenny.

We hampered him with subpar assistants and people out of their depth (like Brett Burton) and then ultimately blame him when everything went pear shaped.

There has to be a hell of a lot more dominoes that will need to fall before I will be happy about this.

Can’t understand why Pyke would do that unless he has the Freo job lined up. Otherwise why would’nt he just wait and take the money?

Because he doesn’t desperately need the money and he looks better choosing to walk, rather than potentially being pushed.

I can see him joining Freo or the Eagles in some capacity pretty quickly.

Campo will stay on as senior assistant to ensure stability.
I want Camporeale to step up and want the AFC head coaching job. If he thinks he is good enough, then, apply

If not sail off into the sunset Scott. You CANNOT survive another coach.

This, this, this, this and this.

If you think Don is even close to the person we need out of that club you’re a mile off.

1) Burton
1) Chapman
3) Campo
4) Hart
5) Hass
6) Roo

Chapman vs Burton is a really tough one for the 1. spot. Chapman is more fake than any show on MTV so I'll go with him

Pyke came out of that looking better.

After watching the presser, I'm almost completely convinced Don walked because he has lost all faith in the club and the review appears to be a sham.
Agree with the first bit... but seriously... we don’t know it’s a sham until its over. At least wait for that.

Foxfooty.com.au has spoken to multiple sources in the hours since Pyke resigned. Not one referred to the 50-year-old as a bad bloke or an ordinary character. On the contrary, every single person said the ex-West Coast assistant is a reasonable, highly intelligent man. He had not lost the playing group, and he remained aligned — perhaps too much so — with Burton and senior assistant Scott Camporeale.

FFS

Pyke I think is a smart person he knows what’s going on in this club,admitted he is part of the problem, maybe he has no say with the rest of the problem,at least you had the decency to walk not like some that are left,hope now he gets a chance to unload on some in the review

Pyke walks doing the best thing for the football club. Chapman and Fagan go on about how good the club is and it's just the football department. Well dumb asses, the football department is the club. We're a ******* football club, not a sports administration conglomerate, and we can't even play football. Don Pyke walked taking responsibility and citing where the buck stops, well guess what Chapman and Fagan, it doesn't stop there! they let their subordinates take the fall and walk around with dicks in their hands. Piss weak leadership.

/rant over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back