News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Social media didn't really exist in 1999. Online forums, sure, but that was limited to a niche part of society.
Ever heard of Internet relay chats from the early 90's believe the first was in 1988.
And then what some say was the First Social media site SixDegrees.com 1997
Then 1999 the First Blogging sites became popular.
As mentioned back then social media was in it infancy

Ever heard of Internet relay chats from the early 90's believe the first was in 1988.

The yahoo! chatrooms were pretty popular as well.

I belonged to a chat room in 1999 (hence my user name) and then that morphed into a very early forum platform. It was certainly very different to this!

I havent watched a crows game since 2017 and my life has been way better, way less frustration haha. I just came here for some laughs after I saw the pyke news. I dont blame don, he did get us to our first gf in almost 20 years with an awesome 2017 season. Its clear that the problem is the management all they way to the top, total clowns. That part has been extremely clear since we hired burton right after he obliterated brisbanes list. Not to mention our crappy midfield setups for what, 10 years? A total joke of a club, no honesty or integrity. I feel sorry for the players and fans. These clowns cant even do a presser properly let alone run a football club. Do you all have high hopes for a legit review? Hahahahahahahaha (sorry🤣) I might check out the board again in 2022, seeya then!

I havent watched a crows game since 2017 and my life has been way better, way less frustration haha. I just came here for some laughs after I saw the pyke news. I dont blame don, he did get us to our first gf in almost 20 years with an awesome 2017 season. Its clear that the problem is the management all they way to the top, total clowns. That part has been extremely clear since we hired burton right after he obliterated brisbanes list. Not to mention our crappy midfield setups for what, 10 years? A total joke of a club, no honesty or integrity. I feel sorry for the players and fans. These clowns cant even do a presser properly let alone run a football club. Do you all have high hopes for a legit review? Hahahahahahahaha (sorry🤣) I might check out the board again in 2022, seeya then!
I think we just assumed that as an Alex you may have died.

So at 9.16 Chapman talks the review.

He hoped it would take 5-6 weeks, he's hopeful it can be concluded earlier particularly because of Dons decision so the club can move on.

How that is inferred as the review was aimed at Pyke is beyond me.

It might be beyond you

But it shouldn’t be. What a stupid perspective

Last edited:
You can just say I'm right, it's fine.

Your simpleton assessment of things really isn't needed.

You really need to stop talking like someone who has never achieved any rank or level in his life

When you say Chappy has no influence over a review he has commissioned all you do is out yourself as junior manager of the cat toys at your local pet store

It does matter when people are outright lying Jen. Cap denied a point I made. I pointed them to the exact quote in the interview and they still denied it.

I don’t think it’s reasonable for people to feel they can lie and if they say it enough times expect others to believe it.

To me that sort of crap is ban worthy.

Hip hip hooray

The amount of sub ordinary intellects who try to bluff and bullshit their way out of a corner should not be tolerated 👍👍👍

Of course. I was using ICQ in 96 and online chat rooms. Infancy I suppose but it's basically a single cell organism compared to what it is today.

There are NO “normal” payments when someone resigns

Can't we all just agree that there are no lingering issues from Pyke resigning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really need to stop talking like someone who has never achieved any rank or level in his life

When you say Chappy has no influence over a review he has commissioned all you do is out yourself as junior manager of the cat toys at your local pet store

Woah, Sander jumps in with another cutting insight.

But as usual, falls short of anything worthy of a contribution.

Never change mate, never change.

Or the players failed. Tail Dog ? Dog Tail ?
Why do the two things have to be mutually exclusive? It was a collective failure. Coaches had a responsibility to motivate the players which they failed. Players had a responsibility to give 100% and they failed too. Neither group should come out of this squeaky clean.

Richard Earle article on our hunt for a new coach states we will paying Pyke a payment for next 2 years which will go into our soft cap.

Surely our club didn’t lie to us?

Chapman said no payment, meanwhile Roo said there was going to be a payment. The 5aa boys played the audio of both..........bloody comical.

Bickley was pretty annoyed at the inconsistency from these two.

But yes you are correct the AFC would not lie....not in their DNA.

Richard Earle article on our hunt for a new coach states we will paying Pyke a payment for next 2 years which will go into our soft cap.

Surely our club didn’t lie to us?

I’m less concerned about the money than I am the implication that he was pushed whilst the review was in its infancy. And yet Burto and Campo remain weeks later, smells like the fix is in. If correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back