Society/Culture Q&A 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

First time watched in a long time. Lambie , Ellis , and a young Lib called James Patterson.

Must say I am impressed by James Patterson and his grasp of , umm , words. Whether they are facts or not is up to others. But he has caught my eye as someone to keep an eye on.

Lambie is domineering at times and doesn't leave much room for other opinions.

Kate Ellis is Kate Ellis.

First time watched in a long time. Lambie , Ellis , and a young Lib called James Patterson.

Must say I am impressed by James Patterson and his grasp of , umm , words. Whether they are facts or not is up to others. But he has caught my eye as someone to keep an eye on.

Patterson - IPA stooge! Lambie hung up on something that she has no idea about, I feel dumber for watching.
Thought that Ellis was better than I expected.

Agree re Patterson, I thought he spoke very well. Calm, composed and allowed others to have their say before responding. Ellis the same.

Lambie - the less said the better. Never boring, I'll give her that.

The take home message here seems to be that Patterson spoke well so it doesn't really matter whether what he said was factually based. Is it any wonder people like Trump get voted into office.

As has been said, Patterson sings from the extreme right song sheet of the IPA who have never been known as a reliable source of information.

Lambie's claim that we can't do anything about climate change so we should just prepare for the worst was alarming. The woman is a simpleton.

The take home message here seems to be that Patterson spoke well so it doesn't really matter whether what he said was factually based. Is it any wonder people like Trump get voted into office.
Firstly Trump is a wolf dressed in Lambies clothing

On Patterson , I wasn't disregarding his lack of facts, but that his demeanour and ability to convey an impression of control will take him far. Hell it got Malcolm to the Lodge.

As has been said, Patterson sings from the extreme right song sheet of the IPA who have never been known as a reliable source of information.

Patterson is an empty suit with a very punchable face.

Lambie is scary with her Trump like ideals.
how long before she turns on everyone else?????

Lambie's claim that we can't do anything about climate change so we should just prepare for the worst was alarming. The woman is a simpleton.
Extreme right. That is so funny. Reclaim Australia are from the extreme right. Patterson speaks in real terms. Something that is lost around here.

I think what they were was applauding Lambie's ignorance on Sharia Law and sending back Muslims.

I would love someone to ask Lambie and Hanson just a few questions on the subject.

How much do you know about Sharia Law?
Who is pushing for Sharia Law and which politician wants to incorporate it into Australia Law (as only Parliament can make those changes)?
How likely is it that will Parliament incorporate Sharia Law into Australian Law and when?

I felt sorry for that woman having to listen to so much ignorance and fear mongering.

I think what they were was applauding Lambie's ignorance on Sharia Law and sending back Muslims.

I would love someone to ask Lambie and Hanson just a few questions on the subject.

Who is pushing for Sharia Law and which politician wants to incorporate it into Australia Law (as only Parliament can make those changes)?
How likely is it that will Parliament incorporate Sharia Law into Australian Law and when?

I felt sorry for that woman having to listen to so much ignorance and fear mongering.
I think Yassmin and Jackie were equally matched by their self assured grandstanding and attempts to stir up the crowd with their less than profound speeches,most of which fell to little or no clapping.
"You don't anything about my faith blah blah blah,sha'ria means I pray 5 times a day,snort snort babble"
Jackie is a deadset nong,but she entertains.
Yassmin is a deadset nong that believes she's an intellectual with real world experience.
She's a 25 yr old with a high opinion of her blinkered opinions.You don't get many of those these days do you?:rolleyes:
I know who I'd prefer over for a BBQ and a few drinks,because only one of them could and would.
Ps. Kate Ellis would be more than welcome to come over and laugh at Jackie as well!;)

I think Yassmin and Jackie were equally matched by their self assured grandstanding and attempts to stir up the crowd with their less than profound speeches,most of which fell to little or no clapping.
"You don't anything about my faith blah blah blah,sha'ria means I pray 5 times a day,snort snort babble"
Jackie is a deadset nong,but she entertains.
Yassmin is a deadset nong that believes she's an intellectual with real world experience.
She's a 25 yr old with a high opinion of her blinkered opinions.You don't get many of those these days do you?:rolleyes:
I know who I'd prefer over for a BBQ and a few drinks,because only one of them could and would.
Ps. Kate Ellis would be more than welcome to come over and laugh at Jackie as well!;)
Jacquie has today put out a video of her understanding of Sharia Law, think I am more confused now.
Agree on Ellis, she surprised me last night, not normally a fan of hers.

Trump speaks incredibly poorly so not sure your point is that well thought out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacquie has today put out a video of her understanding of Sharia Law, think I am more confused now.
Agree on Ellis, she surprised me last night, not normally a fan of hers.
Jackie is classic car crash stuff,you know you shouldn't,but we do look don't we?
Yeh,she was kinda well rounded last night was Kate.

Yassmin could have been utterly humiliated had someone more articulate and with a greater knowledge on the subject than Lambie been on the other side of that shitfight.
Doesn't say much about those that vote the likes of Lambie and Hanson to represent them then.

Doesn't say much about those that vote the likes of Lambie and Hanson to represent them then.
There is a void in Australian politics that is there to be filled and I do not think Lambie, Hanson, or Bernadi are the right people to fill it but that is the only option for some people and votes end up under their name. There would be potential for a stronger conservative third party option to get a little over 20% of the vote if someone articulate and charismatic enough was there to lead it but that person has not shown themselves.

I believe this phase will pass eventually and the future political void in Australian politics will involve someone successfully stirring up a divide between the haves and have nots of the property market and between millenials and the boomers.

Last edited:
There is a void in Australian politics that is there to be filled and I do not think Lambie, Hanson, or Bernadi are the right people to fill it but that is the only option for some people and votes end up under their name. There would be potential for a stronger conservative third party option to get a little over 20% of the vote if someone articulate and charismatic enough was there to lead it but that person has not shown themselves.

I believe this phase will pass eventually and the future political void in Australian politics will involve someone successfully stirring up a divide between the haves and have nots of the property market and between millenials and the boomers.
I agree with most of your post but I fear that this phase has some time to go sadly.

I think it's obvious what she was referring to when she mentioned Sharia Law. They were both wrong, Sharia isn't just your personal observance, and it isn't just an odious religious legal system. Just like jihad isn't just an internal struggle, but is also holy war. I feel that people are more willing to listen to the well-meaning obscurantist Yasmin, rather than see her as just another indoctrinated religious person who doesn't speak for anything but her own experience.

Good article by John Lyons in the Australian today about where she went wrong.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...m/news-story/3279110bc3906e532618fbb42844c9fa

I think it's obvious what she was referring to when she mentioned Sharia Law. They were both wrong, Sharia isn't just your personal observance, and it isn't just an odious religious legal system. Just like jihad isn't just an internal struggle, but is also holy war. I feel that people are more willing to listen to the well-meaning obscurantist Yasmin, rather than see her as just another indoctrinated religious person who doesn't speak for anything but her own experience.

Good article by John Lyons in the Australian today about where she went wrong.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...m/news-story/3279110bc3906e532618fbb42844c9fa
NEVER EVER read The Australian, thanks anyway.

Which version of Sharia are you asking about?

I'd bet there's a marked difference between what Yasmin says it is and what a member of ISIS or even a male in somewhere like Saudi Arabia thinks it is.

NEVER EVER read The Australian, thanks anyway.

You should read this article, don't worry he's not Andrew Bolt or anything, and he has a lot of first hand knowledge of Islam.

My personal view is that people like Yasmin are selling out people who live under oppression due to Islam by saying it's feminist. In this case it's women. Imagine being a woman in Iran who is forced by the theocracy to wear the hijab, or even in Australia who is forced by her family to do so. Instead of addressing this problem, an obscurantist like Yasmin comes on TV and tells everyone that it's actually a feminist religion. It's not helping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back