Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Ahh The Westboro Baptist Church
The group that unites everyone together
In despising them
Everyone from LGBTQI groups to the KKK dismisses TWBC
So trying to equate them as the christian version of anything is laughable
Just as trying to equate ISIS as the Muslim version of anything

You actually demonstrate the progressiveness of the vast majority of christian people in not flat out following some of the outdated controversial scriptures and further highlighted the backwardness of a large amount of Muslims who do hold the values of some of the more questionable parts of the Koran.
What would you say if I said that the majority of Muslims have been selective in the same way? Especially those that have been in Australia for many years.
Also I don't think that moderation has been as bad as you imply, some of the anti Muslim comments have been way over the top. You get sick of reading the same thing over and over again.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Westboro is like 40 people, it's a cute little cult compared to the Islamic literalists who are in hundreds of thousands to millions, and are killing every day.
Really? Hundreds of thousands and millions are killing everyday. Well that food shortage problem wont be a problem

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Really? Hundreds of thousands and millions are killing everyday. Well that food shortage problem wont be a problem

No, the groups are, not hundreds of thousands of individual people. This is not a comparable situation to the WBC, which is a little familial non violent cult.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What would you say if I said that the majority of Muslims have been selective in the same way? Especially those that have been in Australia for many years.

The majority are, but even so the situation with Islamic religious views is not great. For example, the percentage who think homosexuality is an abomination is consistently higher than that of other religions such as Christianity, or non-religious people. For other questions, such acceptance of terrorism, it may or may not be a majority, but even a small percentage can be a problem.

The majority are, but even so the situation with Islamic religious views is not great. For example, the percentage who think homosexuality is an abomination is consistently higher than that of other religions such as Christianity, or non-religious people. It may or may not be a majority, but for many views, even a small percentage can be a problem.
Seriously can you please stop with the repetition!

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seriously can you please stop with the repetition!

Can you please stop whitewashing Islam and the treatment of minorities within it? I think the point has to be made, these views are often the majority, but they don't need to be in order to be dangerous or oppressive.

I think the point has to be made, these views are often the majority, but they don't need to be in order to be dangerous or oppressive.
How many times?
I would be surprised if there were any posters in doubt of your opinion.
I am not interested any more. Don't bother replying.

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Westboro Baptist Likes This
It is quite satisfying when you know what another persons response will be and you manipulate your post to ensure that happens. Thankyou for providing further credence to support modern day Christianity comparisons to modern day Islam as a clear false equivalence.

The Westboro Baptist church has just 40 members. 40.

Yet you can look to the pew research for Islam.

Shariah-Final.png

stoning.png

gsi2-overview-11.png

I fully expect the moderator hero of protecting feelings to come in and delete this post now that the modern day Islam and Christianity false equivalence has been pointed out. I am not necessarily on an anti Islam crusade here just calling out the tired old comparisons that get posted ad nauseam around this place to the joy of some usual suspects.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
How many times?
I would be surprised if therecwas any poster in doubt of your opinion.
I am not interested any more. Don't bother replying.

I was referring to views on minorities within Islam, they're facts, not opinions, and you don't seem to be aware of any of them.

It is quite satisfying when you know what another persons response will be and you manipulate your post to ensure that happens. Thankyou for providing further credence to support modern day Christianity comparisons to modern day Islam as a clear false equivalence.

The Westboro Baptist church has just 40 members. 40.

Yet you can look to the pew research for Islam.

Shariah-Final.png

stoning.png

gsi2-overview-11.png

I fully expect the moderator hero of protecting feelings to come in and delete this post now that the modern day Islam and Christianity false equivalence has been pointed out. I am not necessarily on an anti Islam crusade here just calling out the tired old comparisons that get posted ad nauseam around this place to the joy some usual suspects.
Probably sick of seeing this type of data as I am.
Not sure of anyone that hasn't seen this before and unless you live in any of those countries not sure how it relates to Australia.
Read somewhere that there are about 80 odd countries that idenify with Islam and only about half follow what you have posted yet very little is posted about them.
What really concerns me is what is happening in Indonesia which to date has been rather moderate but I believe it is changing which is of some concern.
Not sure what the result of the recent election where the Christian was restanding for the position of Governor nor what the outcome of the court case against him. A crock of a charge too.

I was referring to views on minorities within Islam, they're facts, not opinions, and you don't seem to be aware of any of them.
Reckon I would know a hell of alot more than you.
It helps when you have an open mind.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not sure what the result of the recent election where the Christian was restanding for the position of Governor nor what the outcome of the court case against him. A crock of a charge too.

He won the first round, face-off for governor is in April. There has been discrimination against Christians in Indonesia for some time, burning down churches, and assaults, due to the rising Christianity in the country. One of the highest in the world.

Read somewhere that there are about 80 odd countries that idenify with Islam and only about half follow what you have posted yet very little is posted about them.

?? Often the data doesn't show a majority, and it's about public attitudes, not government policy . . . The data is very representative of the most moderate Islamic countries. Even if you go into countries like England however the results aren't very encouraging.

Another fascinating example of your definition of open-minded.
Didn't realise that you were posting anything of value, thought you were attacking my credibility.
Not playing this game with you anymore, might just have use the ignore option.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Didn't realise that you were posting anything of value, thought you were attacking my credibility. Not playing this game with you anymore, might just have use the ignore option.

Derpina, you started with the ad hominems. If you have a problem with them, then maybe don't start.

Thats Wright

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another fascinating example of your definition of open-minded.

IMG_7820.JPG

Stockholm syndrome in women is one of the saddest things to watch play out. 'An open mind' seems more likely to involve death than tolerance or reformation.

IMG_7818.JPG

Escaping religion seems like one of life's little lottery wins. For the Muslim women, it's a jackpot.

Back