Q & A 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

That's Mike Carlton the Anti-Semite who quit the Sydney Morning Herald before he could possibly be turfed due to his comments regarding people of the Jewish faith.
After quite some time as a SMH columnist he was sacked by the SMH for refusing to write his column during a journalists strike - more power to his arm - only to be invited back following a massive outcry from readers.

As for the old AIJAC play book anti- Semite smear. He resigned for expressing a Pro- Palestinian viewpoint because of what he - and countless others - considered to be unfair disciplinary action taken by a paper that was not prepared to stand-up to the orchestrated Israel lobby who had badgered him for some considerable time.

Much more importantly than the smear, he is a broadcaster, journalist and author of some 40 years experience during which he has won multiple awards and held senior editorial positions. Then there's Timme, Timme, Timme.

As for the old AIJAC play book anti- Semite smear. He resigned for expressing a Pro- Palestinian viewpoint because of what he - and countless others - considered to be unfair disciplinary action taken by a paper that was not prepared to stand-up to the orchestrated Israel lobby who had badgered him for some considerable time.

The article was well argued and I don't reckon the cartoon was a big deal. But the suspension was due to abusing readers in subsequent comments. E.g.

To: Yury

You’re the one full of hate and bile, sunshine. The classic example of the Jewish bigot. Now * off.

— The Australian, 6th August, 2014​

His article anticipated the backlash he would receive and he still reacted. That was foolish.

And now he seems to spend his time sniping on Twitter.

Here you go
View attachment 461558

inb4 " Oh i was just genuinely asking because i study criminal law....."

View attachment 461558

Here you are going the source in the barney thread
View attachment 461559

Seems i missed you on the gheys but it tends to be package deal with people of your ilk.

But don't be sad

cos 2 out of threeeee ain't baaaad
LOL you're drawing nice long bows there and just as I suspect you can't prove your point :$.

> One asking what offence George has committed, doesn't mean they condone violence against women. Especially when that comment was in direct response to the picture which was captioned 'Do you feel lucky Greenie punks?' Nothing about women in there.

> The second screenshot posted had no comment defending Barnaby Joyce whatsoever. All it did was attack the ABC for having Buzzfeed on it which has been widely recognised as the least trusted media source.

You failed.

LOL you're drawing nice long bows there and just as I suspect you can't prove your point :$.

> One asking what offence George has committed, doesn't mean they condone violence against women. Especially when that comment was in direct response to the picture which was captioned 'Do you feel lucky Greenie punks?' Nothing about women in there.

> The second screenshot posted had no comment defending Barnaby Joyce whatsoever. All it did was attack the ABC for having Buzzfeed on it which has been widely recognised as the least trusted media source.

You failed.

Don't pretend you're pure , we passed the point of you being a moral beacon way back.
At least OWN it like most of your counterparts here , prending you're just some poor misunderstood redneck makes you the WORST kind of rwfw

Don't pretend you're pure , we passed the point of you being a moral beacon way back.
At least OWN it like most of your counterparts here , prending you're just some poor misunderstood redneck makes you the WORST kind of rwfw

LOL you're going down the lefty loony loser path of flogs like Number37 making dumb accusations which have no basis, proof or logic, as you've shown in this topic.

LOL you're going down the lefty loony loser path of flogs like Number37 making dumb accusations which have no basis, proof or logic, as you've shown in this topic.

Dat persecution complex

Another trait from that side

You and I are different on many things. I don't turn people off because I disagree with them. I believe in free speech and will listen to someone so long as they are genuine and, if it's a discussion, can show an ability to listen too.

And you are a comedian

This details some of the stuff he wrote

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/1428_newscomau.pdf

in response to the abuse he copped for writing this piece about Israeli operations in Gaza

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/israe...t-is-being-called-fascism-20140724-zwd2t.html

(this is the accompanying cartoon which many objected to - in fairness it is the Jewish caricature that I think many found offensive; the hooked nose etc. IMO they should have downplayed this and simply drawn Netanyahu on the hill. The Jewish caraciture's actual actions however, sitting on a hill seeking to direct the bombings seemingly for his own entertainment, are based on these actual photographs

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Israelis+on+sofa+watching+bombings&t=ffnt&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/7/20/1405863544225/Israeli-watches-Gaza-bomb-011.jpg)

GlenLeLievre.jpg

There's a lot there criticising Israel, true, but nothing I can see that denigrates Judaism as a whole, either as a religion or an ethnic group. It's been said before and it needs saying again - criticising Israeli actions DOES NOT EQUATE to hating the Jewish people.
You could say the same about Pope and his cartoon depicting an aboriginal truth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could say the same about Pope and his cartoon depicting an aboriginal truth!

Yes. You could. Satire and caricature by their very nature are meant to highlight the over-the-tops or other extremes of their chosen target. Even by highlighting stereotypes. 'How far is too far?' is a conversation worth having in this respect.

The article was well argued and I don't reckon the cartoon was a big deal. But the suspension was due to abusing readers in subsequent comments. E.g.

To: Yury

You’re the one full of hate and bile, sunshine. The classic example of the Jewish bigot. Now **** off.

— The Australian, 6th August, 2014​

His article anticipated the backlash he would receive and he still reacted. That was foolish.

And now he seems to spend his time sniping on Twitter.
I'll take your word as to the accuracy of the selective piece.

While not condoning his response/s it has to be said they were a consequence of an orchestrated attack by the Israeli lobby who are past masters at discrediting anyone who has the temerity to question Israel's "activities" in Palestine or display some sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians. When you figuratively get punched, kicked, elbowed et al I dare say it would take the patience of Job not to fight back. I think there was a hint in what he'd copped with the words 'hate' and 'bile' in his response.

All that said, the crucial point in your reasonable post regarding the offending piece was "The article was well argued and I don't reckon the cartoon was a big deal" So why all the vitriol directed at him? You see the alt right of Israel don't permit pro-Palestinan comment. If you are pro- Palestinian you can expect to be attacked, smeared and called an anti-Semite - if you aren't Jewish - or a self hating Jew - if you are Jewish - by the highly organised and efficient Jewish lobby

This sort of stuff has been covered in the "Why boycotting Israel matters" thread where it should continue henceforth.

So back to Q and A and Carlton's comment which was his opinion of the IPA panel member- admittedly colourfully expressed - from a journalist with a long history of high achievement whose record should not be besmirched because of a reaction that - despite being browbeaten and threatened -he might now feel he could have dealt with better.

Yes. You could. Satire and caricature by their very nature are meant to highlight the over-the-tops or other extremes of their chosen target. Even by highlighting stereotypes. 'How far is too far?' is a conversation worth having in this respect.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a cartoonist to include stereotypical items that allow you to identify those he is caricaturing.

If you think there isn’t a certain amount of scripting in q&a youre mistaken
If you mean that as far as the questions are concerned, it's common knowledge they are submitted and checked. Avoiding defamation and orderly presentation would be a couple reasons for that.

I’m saying the ladies er ‘monologue’ was always goin to happen. A Dorothy Dixer if you like

There’s been other instances, setting up for one liners late in the show (eg Gina Rineharts massive hole)

I’m saying the ladies er ‘monologue’ was always goin to happen. A Dorothy Dixer if you like

There’s been other instances, setting up for one liners late in the show (eg Gina Rineharts massive hole)
So you think it's 'scripted' if they hear someone has something to say on an issue, invite them on the show, and then ask them a question on that issue?

Well, I guess every news interview ever is 'scripted' in your mind.

And whatever that reference is at the end - no, it wasn't scripted. You need to meet more people in real life. You'll find funny lines, accidental and otherwise, are pretty common in conversation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back