Q&A 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

“Some of you out there are thinking gee he’s a dreamer. But you know what, The Americans put someone on the moon in the 1960’s in less than a decade in the 1960’s with a computing power of a pocket calculator. Surely we can mobilise the country and have a whole country, whole government, maybe a bit aspirational, but why don’t we just go for it and show the rest of the world what we can do? And in doing that not only will we help clean our country, we will also take a global leadership role and show other countries what can be done”.

- Andrew Wilkie Q&A FEB 4 2019

I liken Andrew’s solution to climate change a bit like when you were a kid being taught mathematics, when the teacher would give you an equation to work out without being able to use a calculator, but sneakily used one anyway because you couldn’t be ****ed wasting time working out the equation by using your own brain.

He should go and ask Germany who tried to be and do exactly what he suggests, and ask how did it work out for them?

Just another idiot saying the right things and promising utopia, without having an actual plan to deliver.

“Some of you out there are thinking gee he’s a dreamer. But you know what, The Americans put someone on the moon in the 1960’s in less than a decade in the 1960’s with a computing power of a pocket calculator. Surely we can mobilise the country and have a whole country, whole government, maybe a bit aspirational, but why don’t we just go for it and show the rest of the world what we can do? And in doing that not only will we help clean our country, we will also take a global leadership role and show other countries what can be done”.

- Andrew Wilkie Q&A FEB 4 2019

I liken Andrew’s solution to climate change a bit like when you were a kid being taught mathematics, when the teacher would give you an equation to work out without being able to use a calculator, but sneakily used one anyway because you couldn’t be ****** wasting time working out the equation by using your own brain.

He should go and ask Germany who tried to be and do exactly what he suggests, and ask how did it work out for them?

Just another idiot saying the right things and promising utopia, without having an actual plan to deliver.
So you cheated?

I bet he'd have your hero anning licked in a game of trivial pursuit though.
I appreciate that you didn’t even object to me pointing out how stupid his thoughts on a solution to climate change are.

I appreciate that you didn’t even object to me pointing out how stupid his thoughts on a solution to climate change are.

I was thinking about it but then i remembered how well you took being called during the st kilda rally stuff

Fiona Bruce has delivered a breath of fresh air to the UK Question Time this year - it's moved on from the stale, ultra-repetitive format of a dumb audience harassing some far-right panelist they've put on simply for controversy. Now we actually get some insight with all participants actually put on the spot by the host too, so no-one gets away with cliches (a fav of left-wing politicians).
Shame Q&A can't deliver the same and is still stuck in 2009. I feel like I'm in a time warp whenever I see it on. Soooo predictable and tedious. Not sure how anyone still watches it.

Fiona Bruce has delivered a breath of fresh air to the UK Question Time this year - it's moved on from the stale, ultra-repetitive format of a dumb audience harassing some far-right panelist they've put on simply for controversy. Now we actually get some insight with all participants actually put on the spot by the host too, so no-one gets away with cliches (a fav of left-wing politicians).
Shame Q&A can't deliver the same and is still stuck in 2009. I feel like I'm in a time warp whenever I see it on. Soooo predictable and tedious. Not sure how anyone still watches it.
Agreed. I watch it sometimes, for a laugh more than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's true
No. You just lack the ability to engage in any meaningful discourse, and debate people with differing opinions. I have noticed quite a lot that you go missing when your thoughts or opinions are questioned.

No. You just lack the ability to engage in any meaningful discourse, and debate people with differing opinions. I have noticed quite a lot that you go missing when your thoughts or opinions are questioned.

When ?

I'm here everyday you fruitcake

When ?

I'm here everyday you fruitcake
Missing in the sense that you shy away from intelligent discourse, and respond with a GIF, meme or insult.

If you disagree with my first post, use your brain and tell me why i’m wrong. Don’t hide behind piss weak excuses not to engage in debate.

Missing in the sense that you shy away from intelligent discourse, and respond with a GIF, meme or insult.

If you disagree with my first post, use your brain and tell me why i’m wrong. Don’t hide behind piss weak excuses not to engage in debate.

What's to debate ? , it was you having a sook.

What's to debate ? , it was you having a sook.
Having a sook? I pointed out how stupid his solution to climate change in Australia is. You’re obviously a big fan of him and support/agree with his opinions. So tell me why i’m off the mark in rubbishing what he said on this issue last night on Q&A?

Having a sook? I pointed out how stupid his solution to climate change in Australia is. You’re obviously a big fan of him and support/agree with his opinions. So tell me why i’m off the mark in rubbishing what he said on this issue last night on Q&A?

Yeah you said " something something long division germany " , i must've missed the bit where you came up with an alternative.

Please don't say " more coal "

Yeah you said " something something long division germany " , i must've missed the bit where you came up with an alternative.

Please don't say " more coal "
No. Don’t try and turn the spotlight back to me without telling me why he is right and I am wrong. I’m trying to give you every opportunity to use your brain and engage in an intelligent conversation here, but it seems you’re not up to it.

But how can i tell you who's right or wrong if you don't come up with an alternative to what he said ?
Tell me why his solution of Australia becoming a world leader and going 100% renewable is a realistic (both cost effective and reducing our CO2 emissions enough to justify the money spent) solution that Australia is capable of doing? You don’t need to hear an alternate solution to tell me why you agree with him, and how it’ll work. Come on mate, flick that switch in your head and tell me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back