Mod. Notice Q&A with Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Are recruiters using the new rating system for draft picks (per father/son and academy bidding) as a method to determine the value of players in trades?

Are historical trades referred to as a way of valuing players in trade negotiations?

So does Chris Davies read this thread directly and think what a bunch of *.wits or does our media department have to vet the questions?

So does Chris Davies read this thread directly and think what a bunch of ****.wits or does our media department have to vet the questions?

I would imagine Ford and/or the media department would vet the questions.

But even if they don't, heaven forbid Chris Davies discovers that people like to piss fart about on internet forums. ;)

Andrew Fuss will go through the thread and pick out the questions with Chris to answer. As usual I expect the answers to go up on the Port website in a couple of days.

Actually I think a little bit more respect could have been shown for their time considering they don't have to respond to our questions but I'm sure they will see the funny side of some of the posts.

It would be good if some could save their material for their desperate attempts to appear at a comedy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It pretty much says we initiated contact with Dixon based on a need.
(although I guess it doesn't indicate when, ie was it after we noted he was looking at moving with the Brisbane rumours)

Interesting to hear KT has a small role in list management.

That impressed me as well. KT knows his s**t and I think it's crucial to have a CEO that is involved in building the list of the club.

I was hoping he would mention something about the rather humerous questions.

Interesting to hear KT has a small role in list management.
The single biggest expense line item in the club's P&L is player salaries. The single biggest asset the club has is its players. Every CEO should sit in on on list management meetings, maybe not everyone, but the critical ones he should be as he has to make sure we are budgeting their future contracts correctly, and not breaking the salary cap, and/or putting ourselves in a situation where we dont know what we are locking in, re future salary expenses.

CD does make it sound all too easy "Well, we identified that we needed a beast key forward about to enter his prime so we went to the magical key forward tree and picked us a ripe Charlie"

Watch another generation of Port supporters grow up believing that beast key forwards grow on trees (I grew up thinking that Tredrea at CHF in the AA team every year was normal).

Woot I got two in :) I wonder which clubs we've got good relationships with.. thinking Richmond for one with all our ex-players and coaches in off-field roles there and the way they kindly greased the wheels of our Dixon trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back