Opinion Q&A with Tim Lawrence - Lachie's manager - chapter 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure how I can sneak one in? How does a club/manager handle a situation where a player may be on the move, for example what potentially could be happening with the chris mayne situation? Does the club simply not offer a new contract, or do they just defer talks? I would expect it would be a delicate situation, as the club wants the player playing at his peak without distractions or doubts?

I've been following this great thread, and just wanted to say thanks to Arc for being our liaison officer and for Tim for being so honest and forthright about answering all of our questions! It's a really insightful look about what goes on behind the scenes.

I'm also glad that you encourage your guys and their families NOT to go on sites like these. It's a good reminder to us posters that players are people (should be common sense I know) with friends and family that can be hurt by some of the vitriol that we vomit out about them over the interwebz, and that we really should try to be mindful about what we write.

Interesting and factual ,something BF is not noted for.

I think BF will always be a place where people choose what they want to believe - there's so much crap on here, that at times it's hard to tell the truth from fiction. It wouldn't surprise me if certain people view threads like this with cynicism. After all - maybe Tim doesn't exist, or maybe some random guy convinced me that he's a player manager, or maybe i'm really crafty and invented this persona and it's been me the whole time. I expect it from certain posters from outside the Freo board - but they have their own agenda to peddle so denial is their stock in trade.

I think it's what makes opportunities like this even more important - to allow discussion from a position of 'close to the action' fact, rather than just a bunch of supporters waxing lyrical about what they've heard. It helps reframe people's point of view, for the better.

Thanks to both of you for a most interesting thread. It is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for when I joined Big Footy. Not only an interesting thread but well written and gives an excellent view into someone's life philosophy.

Arcassius, as with the first occasion you made it happen, this is one of the most insightful reads you could ever see on BF. Thanks so much to you and of course to Tim for being so open, forthright and incredibly detailed with us all - fair to say Lachie is pretty lucky to have you in his corner!

Sorry for the intrusion. I came across a link to this discussion on the Adelaide page and had a look. 1,1/2 hours later at 3am I've read through it all and like others have mentioned it's about the best thread I've read on BF. Serious congratulations to Arcassius and Tim, really interesting stuff.
Well done to Tim and Lachie on the contract process and best of luck to Lachie at Freo.
You're all lucky to have had this insight. Enjoy your footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion. I came across a link to this discussion on the Adelaide page and had a look. 1,1/2 hours later at 3am I've read through it all and like others have mentioned it's about the best thread I've read on BF. Serious congratulations to Arcassius and Tim, really interesting stuff.
Well done to Tim and Lachie on the contract process and best of luck to Lachie at Freo.
You're all lucky to have had this insight. Enjoy your footy.

All good mate, and thanks. Tim's email address is on the stride website if anyone ever wants to say hi and thanks. He's a ripping bloke

All good mate, and thanks. Tim's email address is on the stride website if anyone ever wants to say hi and thanks. He's a ripping bloke
I gotta say I did think about that but left it at the possibility of bumping into him at an SANFL game and saying hi.
The openness is really refreshing in a comp full of spin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back