Preview Q CLASH (brought forward) Round 19 Saturday July 23rd 3.10pm THE GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1626929609067.png

Brisbane Lions:

Coming off a bad loss to Richmond and losing Eric Hipwood to a season-ending knee the Lions need to get their season back on track and to find a few new avenues to goal and get their mojo back. They should lift for this game but there are a few concerns about injuries and some players form as we head toward the business end of the season.

Gold Coast Suns:

A great win over the Giants at Ballarat 2 weeks ago and a super brave effort against the Dogs and their kids seemed to have finally bought in to Dewy's system and finally believe "yeah we can play some great footy" when they are switched on - but inconsistency has been their downfall.

Last time they played:

Saturday, 15 May (4:35 pm) Gold Coast 7.9 (51) def. by Brisbane Lions 19.10 (124) Metricon Stadium (crowd: 12,636)

KEY PLAYERS - LIONS

Hugh McCluggage - "The Suitcase" played a great game last week and has really stepped up in the absence of others - great vision
Daniel Rich - sets up numerous forward and counter-attacks and scores for I50 with his elite kicking
Joe Daniher - with Hippy out he really needs to step up and kick some goals

KEY PLAYERS - SUNS

Touk Miller - having an All Australian season and always lifts for the Lions - be interesting to see who he matches up with
Alex Sexton - arguably the Suns barometer - when he's up and about and kicking goals the Suns look a way better team
Ben King - one of the SUPER TWINS Ben will need to kick some goals if the Suns are going to win or stay in the contest

LINEUPS

LIONS - I don't know what Fages does here. T. Berry, CEY, Matho and Ah Chee are all in the mix. And when do you pull the trigger on Cocky and play him? May as well play him now and if he breaks down so be it. Ah Chee does have a PB of 5 goals and i think he or Matho could be thrust into a forward role. I'm gonna go with IN Ah Chee, Cocky, Matho and OUT Prior, Madden and Lester with T.Berry the SUB again.

SUNS - Ellis is a big loss as he has no doubt improved the Suns attitude to training and winning.OUT Ellis and Flanders and IN Atkins and Weller and Brodie as the SUB.

Selection: If the LIONS KICK STRAIGHT 24 points. If they don't................. TOO CLOSE TO CALL!!!!!

1626929696077.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1183711

Brisbane Lions:

Coming off a bad loss to Richmond and losing Eric Hipwood to a season-ending knee the Lions need to get their season back on track and to find a few new avenues to goal and get their mojo back. They should lift for this game but there are a few concern about injuries and some players form as we head toward the business end of the season.

Gold Coast Suns:

A great win over the Giants at Ballarat 2 weeks ago and a super brave effort against the Dogs and their kids seemed to have finally bought in to Dewy's system and finally believe "yeah we can play some great footy" when they are switched on - but inconsistency has been their downfall.

Last time they played:

Saturday, 15 May (4:35 pm) Gold Coast 7.9 (51) def. by Brisbane Lions 19.10 (124) Metricon Stadium (crowd: 12,636)

KEY PLAYERS - LIONS

Hugh McCluggage - "The Suitcase" played a great game last week and has really stepped up in the absence of others - great vision
Daniel Rich - sets up numerous forward and counter-attacks and scores for I50 with his elite kicking
Joe Daniher - with Hippy out he really needs to step up and kick some goals

KEY PLAYERS - SUNS

Touk Miller - having an All Australian season and always lifts for the Lions - be interesting to see who he matches up with
Alex Sexton - arguably the Suns barometer - when he's up and about and kicking goals the Suns look a way better team
Ben King - one of the SUPER TWINS Ben will need to kick some goals if the Suns are going to win or stay in the contest

LINEUPS

LIONS - I don't know what Fages does here. T. Berry, CEY, Matho and Ah Chee are all in the mix. And when do you pull the trigger on Cocky and play him? May as well play him now and if he breaks down so be it. Ah Chee does have a PB of 5 goals and i think he or Matho could be thrust into a forward role. I'm gonna go with IN Ah Chee, Cocky, Matho and OUT Prior, Madden and Lester with T.Berry the SUB again.

SUNS - Ellis is a big loss as he has no doubt improved the Suns attitude to training and winning.OUT Ellis and Flanders and IN Atkins and Weller and Brodie as the SUB.

Selection: If the LIONS KICK STRAIGHT 24 points. If they don't................. TOO CLOSE TO CALL!!!!!

View attachment 1183714
No chance Flanders is out. He plays actually well. Holman out (internal surgery), Weller still out (concussion). Markov in. Yes, Atkins should be in and we could see a debutant Jeffrey but most probably Mcpherson in instead.

Last edited:

Link doesn’t lead anywhere but interesting headline

89709A3E-E336-43B6-A259-3BB91E3447B1.png

I actually don’t mind it at all! Ah Chee has shown he can be a decent mark up forward, if he plays there of course. A bit of experience in! Would have loved to of seen T Berry for some forward pressure. Surely he is next in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1626944340612.png

SUNS

B: Powell, Collins, Lemmens

HB: Lukosius, Ballard, Bowes

C: Atkins, Miller, Sharp

HF: Corbett, Burgess, Sexton

F: Rankine, King, Ainsworth

FOLL: Graham, Anderson, Swallow

I/C: Fiorini, Flanders, Rowell, Markov

EMG: Davies, Brodie, Jeffrey, Smith

IN: Markov

OUT: Ellis, Holman (both injured)

Would not mind Cockatoo as the sub. You assume Berry Jnr do the job again
How many games he got this year not actually playing?
10 although played 5..

Would not mind Cockatoo as the sub. You assume Berry Jnr do the job again
How many games he got this year not actually playing?
10 although played 5..

Gotta have a look at him in the A Grade before the finals in case we need him.

I don't know about anyone else on here but I'm really worried this week for us if we don't play to our 100%.

Gold Coast have been flying under the radar with their performances after the bye bye and given the fact they haven't won a Q-Clash since early 2018, I expect them to bring their full effort and intensity to the contest at all times.

Could be a massive danger game for us, if we play anything like we have been for the past 2 weeks IMO so hopefully the boys can step up their performance & intensity massively otherwise the result might not go our way again this week again.

I don't know about anyone else on here but I'm really worried this week for us if we don't play to our 100%.

Gold Coast have been flying under the radar with their performances after the bye bye and given the fact they haven't won a Q-Clash since early 2018, I expect them to bring their full effort and intensity to the contest at all times.

Could be a massive danger game for us, if we play anything like we have been for the past 2 weeks IMO so hopefully the boys can step up their performance & intensity massively otherwise the result might not go our way again this week again.
We are over our travel bug and ready to Rock and Roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back