BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
We are over our travel bug and ready to Rock and Roll.

I'm expecting earlier in the year suns game / earlier in the year Richmond game / GWS game / our last game against Geelong type intensity.

Time to see who wants to win a flag. Gonna be hard to do it from outside the top 4.

On the quiet

Jul 15, 2021
Balladen named as an emergency despite not playing last week.

Bit strange?

Maybe a message to forwards, or backs?
Noticed last year Skinner was named an emergency frequently last year and then delisted at season end. Ballenden has been named an emergency a number of times this year and was downgraded to the rookie list for this year. Think if Adams is signed he might be in trouble at years end, but would not mind if he got another year.

As much as I hoped for the fairytale, I think matho is in this situation.

Balladen named as an emergency despite not playing last week.

Bit strange?

Maybe a message to forwards, or backs?

Every club names an emergency to cover their ruck if nothing else.

Ballendan is basically the only semi-AFL ready tall we have in our reserves and our only emergency above about 190cm in height.

I think it's a message to the footy gods, screaming out "let us be now".

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
Fitzroy, North
Perhaps someone has a niggle.

Every club names an emergency to cover their ruck if nothing else.

Ballendan is basically the only semi-AFL ready tall we have in our reserves and our only emergency above about 190cm in height.

I think it's a message to the footy gods, screaming out "let us be now".
I thought Ballendan was injured that's why I thought the selection strange. Did he miss last week or did he miss the week before?

May 5, 2013
Phew !
Thought we might have to go into a ballot to get our seats, but it's capped at 75% so what's the capacity around 36,000 x 75% =27000
Or is the official capacity higher?
Probably get about 20,000 at the game, ahhhhhhh my seat is still mine.
Will be interesting to see a forward line up without Hippy.

May 5, 2013
Just checked the weather .
You bewdy , sunshine.
Should be a ripper.
Watching the suns the last couple of weeks, they are good when they move it but still waste a bit of footy, more than us, so if they step up , they will be hard to defend against.
I kind of hope that's how it goes , a tough skilled game , and a win :).
For us

Berrygood

Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
Happy to see Kiddy go back to vfl, get some 4qtr efforts in with a bit more freedom to play n develop his game. Ah Chee much better fwd imo, he seems to be more relaxed and confident there. Hoping B1 gets some good game time and his body holds up. When fit and in form he adds a lot to this side. A few good games to finish the year and a strong preseason, will be the best thing for him.

I don't see us losing this game. Expecting a huge change in attitude and intensity. We've lost that grit n determination recently, I reckon it will return this week.

royboys4eva

Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
I really hope they have got it right with Berry. I would have preferred he played 2/3 solid weeks of reserve footy before being selected. Looking at our side and we look 4/5 goals short of our best. Which is not surprising with Hipwood - Gardiner - Adams out and few others out of form.

Back at the Gabba we should win but I don't think it will easy. Suns have been decent last month. We are lucky they have a few missing as well. Time for Charlie and Daniher to step up.

Happy to see Kiddy go back to vfl, get some 4qtr efforts in with a bit more freedom to play n develop his game. Ah Chee much better fwd imo, he seems to be more relaxed and confident there. Hoping B1 gets some good game time and his body holds up. When fit and in form he adds a lot to this side. A few good games to finish the year and a strong preseason, will be the best thing for him.

I don't see us losing this game. Expecting a huge change in attitude and intensity. We've lost that grit n determination recently, I reckon it will return this week.

My worry is our inability to maintain pressure consistently. We tend to play about 10m off the direct opponent but then struggle to close them down when they become part of run and carry ball movement from back half. Seems to be an ongoing problem through the season where our pressure just drops off when clubs start running with the ball against us.

Not sure if we'll fix that in time or have the team to counter that style.

Backing Hugh for big one in his 100th tomorrow.

84477C95-55EE-482D-BC9E-A8223AAA50DE.jpeg