Autopsy Q-Clash XXIV vs Brisbane Lions @ Brisbane Cricket Ground - 20/05/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get Weller Holman and Ainsworth back I reckon for the first time in a while we're a sneaky chance
What about Casboult?

I'd agree. Add those three in to an already high performing team and we might just have a shot. We almost beat them in the Gabba QClash last year and we weren't playing anywhere near as well then as we are now.

Andrews likely takes King and that will be a fascinating match up. I guess Payne takes Casboult/Chol and Starcevich goes to Lukosius I assume. Coleman on Rosas will be interesting as well.

Does Macpherson take Charlie Cameron?

I'm not confidant at all with this game.
We really pushed the Demons and we're unlucky to lose.
We gave the Eagles a thrashing but would've been filthy if it was anything else.
The Lions seem to have the wood over us. I would really like to see us win by just a solitary point.
I sincerely believe we are due and hope like hell that it's time.

Brisbane haven't looked very convincing tonight. They've kicked just 7 goals at three quarter time and 4 have come from an unusually accurate Joe Daniher but the main problem there is Essendon don't have enough tall defenders to make a genuine contest against Daniher/Hipwood so they are getting chances more easily than they should be.

The key to the match is Andy McGrath's shut down role on Charlie Cameron which has essentially disturbed Brisbane's forward line enough to give the Bombers' a chance, despite the major gulf in talent between the two teams. If we can find a way to shut down Cameron next week then we're definitely a chance because I believe our tall defenders are better than Essendon's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy seems to be the best option or possibly Farrar. We need a Holman-type down back. I'm not sure Ben Long or Sean Lemmon are that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Id chuck Mac on Charlie, will be good result for us to a pick in before the Walter bid

Not thinking we're going to win at the Gabba but please make it a good close game.Return bout at the Bank later in the year if we continue our current trajectory, and Touk's back, we're a chance.

Andy McGrath laid out the blueprint on how to play Charlie Cameron last night.

Feel like Rowell and Anderson are possibly in slightly better touch than Neale and Dunkley but

Andrews and Payne are playing well, as is Ballard and Collins.

We set up well behind the ball and pressure to force a turnover, they use the ball really well, and have a glut of skill full half forwards.

This is going to be one for the ages, I think this game will be huge for qld footy.

Probably fair to say Flanders will come in as well after a BOG performance in the 2s where he had 35 disposals.
Flanders is too good for the VFL but can't seem to take the step up to the AFL.
He needs to have a run of games in the AFL that will enable him to either show he has what it takes or that he's a bust.
I would love to see him break out and give the selectors a genuine headache every week about who to drop.
At the moment I can't see it

This place is going to be furious when Tsitas gets BOG
346481415_1239595333353929_1649200260997366032_n.jpg

This place is going to be furious when Tsitas gets BOG
346481415_1239595333353929_1649200260997366032_n.jpg
Very presumptuous of him to assume he plays next week. Doubt he gets three sub games in a row, so he either comes in on the bench or goes back down to ensure he keeps up match fitness.

Didn’t mind his efforts though. Can’t knock a bloke with two goals as sub.

You never want to look too far ahead, however I couldn't help but notice we're just one win behind the 7th placed Cats & the 8th Crows, with 9th placed Carlton sandwiched into between due to their draw in round 1. The Blues have the first placed Pies on Sunday which you'd expect them to lose, the Crows play the 6th placed Dogs in Ballarat on Saturday arvo and Geelong head west on Saturday twilight to face a Fremantle side that's desperate to keep their season alive. I would suggest it's pretty likely that 2 of those games will fall the way we want them to and therefore a win against the Lions will very likely see us draw level with a top 8 position. Percentage will likely be the only reason we are kept out of the 8. Then we get a crack at both the Dogs & Crows in Darwin.

A big QClash just got even bigger!

Expecting ainsworth to come in for Ace and probably long for Andrew, with Ace moving to sub.
You'd think Berry will keep his spot considering he'll likely want to perform really well against his old team. Might even get to see the Berry brothers play on each other at stages throughout the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back