Autopsy Q-Clash XXIV vs Brisbane Lions @ Brisbane Cricket Ground - 20/05/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

They're sitting second on the live ladder.
We're getting spanked by a better team, not Dew's fault despite some team selections
Day shouldn’t of played has never been a footballers a-hole

The lack of accountability where the lions have an easy option is on Dew and the inability to throw the magnets, as an example the ball into the forward 50 is suspect at best, Ballard reads the ball as well as anyone in the comp, King played backline most of his junior career swap them around. Just saying

The issue I have is after this, Dew is 1-8 against Fagan, constantly getting found out. Might just be frustration getting the better of me, but we are just getting played with.
It definitely is, I'm mad too.

I'm going to walk away before I say something I regret.

If anyone needs anything find the umpire lover.

The lack of accountability where the lions have an easy option is on Dew and the inability to throw the magnets, as an example the ball into the forward 50 is suspect at best, Ballard reads the ball as well as anyone in the comp, King played backline most of his junior career swap them around. Just saying
Mate king has kicked 25 despite being more rusty than a Jeep in the first month and half. He is not going back.

If we only had a fourth quarter in our tool bag. We are the antithesis of Collingwood.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

You're right, Day shouldn't have played. I said earlier Chris Burgess would've been a better option. By far.
You're suggesting putting our competition leading intercept marking machine up the front and bringing our goal kicking key forward down back.
That is nothing but crazy and it doesn't matter which way you want to look at it.
We got smacked in the centre and none of our forwards dominated.
We were 11 points down at three quarter time and lost by 43.
Throw the magnets around as much as you like.
Beaten by a much better team.

Mate we lost by 40+, do something, anything. Fagan didn’t twiddle his thumbs, neither did Lyon. Are you suggesting just do nothing and take the loss?
Taking our only dangerous Key Forward out of the forward line is not the answer. We don't have the class that teams above us have. We need skills on the outside more than anything.

You're right, Day shouldn't have played. I said earlier Chris Burgess would've been a better option. By far.
You're suggesting putting our competition leading intercept marking machine up the front and bringing our goal kicking key forward down back.
That is nothing but crazy and it doesn't matter which way you want to look at it.
We got smacked in the centre and none of our forwards dominated.
We were 11 points down at three quarter time and lost by 43.
Throw the magnets around as much as you like.
Beaten by a much better team.
I hear you but I would also suggest that hidden gems aren’t discovered without looking. Being inflexible (as Dew is) pigeon holes players.

And over our history every team has been a much better team at one point of another, we are the only constant so the comment that we were beaten by a better team is a sentence where the only variable is insert team name here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, looks like the same issues we had before we beat up some bottom 4 teams haven’t gone anywhere.

• No way for winning unless the midfield is well on top, and we just couldn’t make the most of Witts’ dominance.
  • King really getting back to star level and beating up his opponent 1v1 on the lead, yet we refuse to go away from packing the top of the square and launching it in their direction.
  • I love the effort our backline has shown in the last month, but we aren’t winning games against the top 10 when we have 1 player back there who is both a capable defender and not a liability with ball in hand. We are just not going to make the next leap while carrying the footskills and decision making of Macpherson, Lemmen, Andrew, and Collins. You can hide maybe 1-2 guys who are average kicks if your system works, not two-thirds of them. Makes it incredibly hard to attack and puts them under so much unnecessary pressure.

Took it up to the for 3 quarters though it felt like we going to be overrun at some point for the whole game.

Jeez Humphrey is going to be good. Hope we can hang onto him, our leading possesion player which is great but also shows that our mids weren't up to it tonight.

We were missing Touk who would have made a massive difference in that game I think. Not sure who is missing for the Lions, but they had there best midfield there and it showed.

Andrew frustrating! but he will turn into a valuable player.

I hear you but I would also suggest that hidden gems aren’t discovered without looking. Being inflexible (as Dew is) pigeon holes players.

And over our history every team has been a much better team at one point of another, we are the only constant so the comment that we were beaten by a better team is a sentence where the only variable is insert team name here
Despite how the game looked we were in it up until the third quarter.
I was happy to see how close we were.
We got overrun in the last. I'm not happy about that either but I'm not prepared to burn the place down over it.
Take the Ballard and King move out of the equation.
Who else do you move?
Our mids were well beaten in the last. Who do we put in?
Our forwards were ineffective. Who do you move?
Our backs were under huge pressure and folded. What magnets do we move?
Brisbane are currently sitting on top of the ladder and at worst will be second.
I'm disappointed we lost but we put in a good effort.

I was a bit worried after trip to Perth.

Pretty disappointing last quarter from boys.

Started well but missed usual easy shots so instead of up by 3 goals at quarter time we were down. Somehow, we kept it close until dam broke in the last quarter.

Lions look like serious contenders with a healthy list. My favourite to win it this year.

We lost because we got comprehensively out worked in the middle. Some harsh lessons there for our midfield. The rest really does not matter.

Hollands is the exact sort of player we need to complement our working class midfield and the lazy campaigner jogs around getting beaten by part time footballers in the VFL every week.
It's so so frustrating, he has no right to be salty about being dropped either.
He has 3 issues.
Attitude maturity and ego.
So l'm told.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should be a great game.

Apart from my favorite team playing my second favorite team, I really think this could be a classic.
And this is partly why the QClash is still yet to find its feet and deliver some real feeling to it. I'm hopeful we'll get there in time, but rivalries aren't built between everyone's favourite and second favourite teams.

Judging by this comment thread the sentiment probably isn't reciprocal among Suns supporters (good!), but it remains pretty common from our end I find.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back