Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/na...a/news-story/4a623dd7467e24e2f6bb04f1da5d83fd

ST KILDA has confirmed Nathan Freeman’s wretched luck has continued, with the youngster needing more hamstring surgery.
The 22-year-old suffered his latest injury at training last week and the operation means another extended break from playing.

Saints chief executive Matt Finnis said Freeman faced up to 12 weeks on the sidelines before he’d even be considered for a senior debut.

“He won’t be running for about four weeks and then from that point there he will need to work into fitness so it could be about Round 4 or 5 before he comes back in the VFL,” Finnis told SEN radio on Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/na...a/news-story/4a623dd7467e24e2f6bb04f1da5d83fd

ST KILDA has confirmed Nathan Freeman’s wretched luck has continued, with the youngster needing more hamstring surgery.
The 22-year-old suffered his latest injury at training last week and the operation means another extended break from playing.

Saints chief executive Matt Finnis said Freeman faced up to 12 weeks on the sidelines before he’d even be considered for a senior debut.

“He won’t be running for about four weeks and then from that point there he will need to work into fitness so it could be about Round 4 or 5 before he comes back in the VFL,” Finnis told SEN radio on Wednesday afternoon.
1st warning MJ.
Please don't post on topic again in this thread.:)

Ha, yeah he’ll be right by rd4....

These St Kilda medicos are significantly better.

Will he ever be able to walk or use stairs again?

Anyone annoyed he left Collingwood for money need only look at him now. Great decision to set up his future. Will make over a million from afl football regardless of whether he plays a game
And hopefully he has wisely squirrelled it away for a home and such things.

Anyone annoyed he left Collingwood for money need only look at him now. Great decision to set up his future. Will make over a million from afl football regardless of whether he plays a game
In that regard, cannot fault him one bit.

Funny thing.
Every year it seems the player photos are updated very late.

We have had photo day.

Just a peculiarity.

Not in of itself a big deal just seems a non priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a paltry comment by me.

I’m not really fussed but seems to be a slow process

I’ve spoken to the powers that be. They suggested the photos will be updated about the same time as Freeman’s first game and/or when he finally gets the NBN. (Whichever comes later)

I’ve spoken to the powers that be. They suggested the photos will be updated about the same time as Freeman’s first game and/or when he finally gets the NBN. (Whichever comes later)

Overpriced overhyped over promised broken down.

Supposedly faster and stronger when (if) finally up and running.

Hang on are we talking about NBN or NF?

Got to feel for the kid.

Got to feel for the kid.

Yeah it sucks, but on the flip side he's still better off than 99 per cent of other young men at 22. How many other kids his age would have earned his coin, and how lucky was it that the Saints through him a three year deal at what was it $150k per year? That's big money. What could have been, yes, but that's life.

He's had five years in the system and would have had plenty of opportunities and support to set himself up off the field through higher education or a trade.

But on the other side of the coin, you got to have empathy for him, had the talent but never got to live the dream. I thought he was done in 2015 to be honest.

Yeah it sucks, but on the flip side he's still better off than 99 per cent of other young men at 22. How many other kids his age would have earned his coin, and how lucky was it that the Saints through him a three year deal at what was it $150k per year? That's big money. What could have been, yes, but that's life.

He's had five years in the system and would have had plenty of opportunities and support to set himself up off the field through higher education or a trade.

But on the other side of the coin, you got to have empathy for him, had the talent but never got to live the dream. I thought he was done in 2015 to be honest.

Yeah, my career was cut down when I was 15 years old and everyone realised I was crap. Forget the kid. Feel for me.

Back