Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for Freeman that he's making his debut, not sure if it would have came had he remained a 'pie though.

Should he string a few good games together it won't be long before saint fans start boasting how they ripped us off on the trade table, which would be a sharp contrast to the complaining they done at the time after they paid more than a 3rd pick.

Good on Nathan and his strength to get through all of the shite he has gone through .. I honestly hope he has a great career from here on in... Shaz Berg is the honest correlation for Nat here, and what these Blokes go through, and how bloody internally strong they are, to get up and play a game.... My hope is after a review of his first game, that this thread gets closed out of respect for the determination Nathan and Shaz have shown us all.... Respect to you Nathan Freeman ...

Back on topic :rolleyes:

That final qtr was a classic.
Presti back from concussion after an accidental head clash with Brown.
Got quite a bit of the pill in the forward line but just couldn't convert.
Crowd was up and about cheering him on.
For a game that was done and dusted it was a really enjoyable final qtr of footy to watch.

That final qtr was a classic.
Presti back from concussion after an accidental head clash with Brown.
Got quite a bit of the pill in the forward line but just couldn't convert.
Crowd was up and about cheering him on.
For a game that was done and dusted it was a really enjoyable final qtr of footy to watch.

I was there......very funny how he couldn’t finish of all his hard work.

We didn’t really understand the effects of concussion back then.

Not sure what coin he’s on at Saints...
If you accumulate his 5 years of Football earnings it could br around 750,000-800,000 ?
After Saturday night he will become the highest player ever (games to earnings ratio).
If he retires Sunday morning...can tell his grandkids...”only played 1 game of footy...but they paid me nearly a Million dollars for it”
Wow Grandad, you must have been the best player ever.

I think don’t think we need to close the thread.
If you look at the title the question still remains unanswered :D

And despite all the razzing in here all the best Nafan for a safe return to the game at afl level

If you accumulate his 5 years of Football earnings it could br around 750,000-800,000 ?
After Saturday night he will become the highest player ever (games to earnings ratio).
If he retires Sunday morning...can tell his grandkids...”only played 1 game of footy...but they paid me nearly a Million dollars for it”
$300k/3, which was well worth the risk at the time for St Kilda, if they thought they could get a top 10 pick right again - we were only just paying the minimum 95% TPP as well. Been a long time coming but fingers crossed he gets a good run at it now and gains some momentum coming into 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to the kid. Deserves to have some good luck.

I'll never begrudge a guy some good fortune after such an awful run with injury.

If he gets through (** knock-on-wood **) he will have achieved what most others haven't; a senior AFL game.

Not sure how accurate the injuries listed are given they couldn't even get the trade right

That WAS the trade.Nathan Freeman for pick 63.

In other unrelated news, Collingwood traded pick 68 to StKilda for a future second round pick just for the hell of it.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So Freeman wasnt the dud trade for the Saints...............PICK 68 was!!!!!!!

Last edited:
He's debut almost feels like the final chapter in the book on our 2013 nightmare draft. Scharenberg, Freeman....and eventually Aish for 2 x 2nd rounders.

Good luck Nathan.

Aish was very Promising before his PCL Injury

Has the Freezer left his house safely as yet?

To avoid infection he slept in a germ proof bubble last night, borrowed from John Travolta
MV5BNGJmMDFmNWQtNTU4ZS00YjU2LWI5ZGMtNTQ3NmNmYTY4OWI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE5MzM3MjA@._V1_.jpg

A very reliable source told me the Pies offered him one year @150k (end of 2015)
Saints offered 3 years at 1 million.
Absolute no brainer really.
Pies had no issue with him taking the saints offer.

A very reliable source told me the Pies offered him one year @150k (end of 2015)
Saints offered 3 years at 1 million.
Absolute no brainer really.
Pies had no issue with him taking the saints offer.
He’s a Million Dollar Baby...in Football terms

Back