Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not me on this one! I backed in the advice of the most astute football person I’ve ever met. To reiterate for anyone that didn’t know the back story Freeman’s injuries were never going to be the issue. He just never “got it” and he’s just about the only one Hine has got the talent ID wrong on in the first round...
is it something that can be "got" or is just a lost cause?

Geez they're not taking it well on the Saints board. :mad:

Hard to feel sorry for someone who has made over a million dollars in ~5 years for playing a game most of us played for free....wish him well all the same.

The saints board melts better than we do.

Then again they’ve had a lot more practice.

Geez they're not taking it well on the Saints board. :mad:
Just came from there. Some quality melts over both Freeman and Goddard. I hope we have a look at Goddard as a Rookie or DFA.

I’d take him as a delisted free agent and put him on the rookie list, if possible.

Couldn’t hurt if his body has finally recovered.

Does he still have his pace?
Richardson on AFL 360 (on several occasions), stated that he’s not quite ready (yet) for selection.
He never expanded, however something was not up to standard?
His 2 way running, tackling pressure, disposal??
Not sure...but it’s probably the same reason he was delisted.
I wonder what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richardson on AFL 360 (on several occasions), stated that he’s not quite ready (yet) for selection.
I wonder what it is.

Me too. Surely would be a perfect rookie pick.

Not me on this one! I backed in the advice of the most astute football person I’ve ever met. To reiterate for anyone that didn’t know the back story Freeman’s injuries were never going to be the issue. He just never “got it” and he’s just about the only one Hine has got the talent ID wrong on in the first round...
Got it in terms of the mental side or footy IQ? Or just general application?

I wonder what it is.
I'd say it was his tank. Apparently his usual output in the vfl was between 6-8k's covered. Considering some of his midfield contemporaries can be running upwards of 16k's that would have been a reason.

Also his field kicking was definitely below average.

I'd say it was his tank. Apparently his usual output in the vfl was between 6-8k's covered. Considering some of his midfield contemporaries can be running upwards of 16k's that would have been a reason.

That makes sense.
Maybe he will get a rookie spot somewhere.
Work on his tank/fitness.
At least he finally got on the park.

I wonder what it is.
Poster on the Saints board reckons he was told he lacked power and penetration in his kicking and something else I can’t remember and cbf going back to look for.

That’s pretty surprising given his endurance was something he was praised for in his draft year...

Maybe he was just a lazy footballer.

I watched his draft highlights when we took him and thought his disposal was ordinary then.
Based on the same footage he seemed to be a bit of a receiver type to me, yet Hine etc raved about how strong he was and a clearance beast.

Gotta remember there would have been huge patches of no running due to his hammies. Would have impacted his tank.
You’d think that’s something that could be rectified with a full preseason though, unless there was no confidence of him making it through one uninjured.

I wouldn't offer him a spot on our list if we ran out of options and it was him or BEEG left to choose from

Didn't want to put in the hard yards with us the first time and fight for a spot in our midfield so he left to find an easier option. That is weak.

Back