Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What I don’t get is that he was delisted after ending the season fit...
A possible reason is that he’s just not a very good footballer.

40 plus disposal games in the 2’s suggests he has talent. They got him under an injury cloud, I would have thought if he’s fit you need to give him a chance to prove himself.
Can you direct me to these fabled 40+ disposal games? As far as I can see, he played 11 games this year with an average of 22 disposals in the VFL. He managed 30+ disposals once, with a 35 touch game, had a few 25-28 disposal games, and a few stinkers in between being injured.

Unless you’re referring to his games last year in the VFL development league, which was a worse standard than most local leagues...

Can you direct me to these fabled 40+ disposal games? As far as I can see, he played 11 games this year with an average of 22 disposals in the VFL. He managed 30+ disposals once, with a 35 touch game, had a few 25-28 disposal games, and a few stinkers in between being injured.

Unless you’re referring to his games last year in the VFL development league, which was a worse standard than most local leagues...
Potentially, not sure may have misheard...but 30 possession games for a guy that was highly rated, a Dangerfield clone in many ways and that csn kick is pretty good. If he’s fit surely you give a go...

Potentially, not sure may have misheard...but 30 possession games for a guy that was highly rated, a Dangerfield clone in many ways and that csn kick is pretty good. If he’s fit surely you give a go...
Jarryd Blair constantly had 30 possession games in the VFL. Kyle Martin. Matthew Goodyear. There’s plenty of players who could/can get 30 touches in the VFL but are/were useless at AFL level. If Freeman manages to find himself in another AFL list he’s done extremely well for himself. He’s earned $1m+ now and barely stepped on the field, and when he has, he’s been largely unimpressive. There are plenty of superior players who’ve been given far less opportunity.

If the Suns list him they may as well just pack up shop now and be done with it, there's a reason the Saints cut him, word i heard is if he had a cracked fingernail he would declare himself unfit.
To be fair, they hurt pretty bad..

Hopefully he gets picked up by the suns, but has probably done well to have 5 years in the system considering his body issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread just lives on

Great work

Jarryd Blair constantly had 30 possession games in the VFL. Kyle Martin. Matthew Goodyear. There’s plenty of players who could/can get 30 touches in the VFL but are/were useless at AFL level. If Freeman manages to find himself in another AFL list he’s done extremely well for himself. He’s earned $1m+ now and barely stepped on the field, and when he has, he’s been largely unimpressive. There are plenty of superior players who’ve been given far less opportunity.
Neither were as highly rated, not naturally talented. I get your point though, and it’s entirely valid cut your loses. What I don’t get is they took him in for a second round pick, spent the bulk of the time trying to get him fit an able to play...and now that he seemingly is they delist him. Makes no sense to me, the only explanation is that they don’t believe his body can withstand footy at all...they should have known that before taking him on from us though. I guess that’s why they have way more wooden spoons than anybody else

Neither were as highly rated, not naturally talented. I get your point though, and it’s entirely valid cut your loses. What I don’t get is they took him in for a second round pick, spent the bulk of the time trying to get him fit an able to play...and now that he seemingly is they delist him. Makes no sense to me, the only explanation is that they don’t believe his body can withstand footy at all...they should have known that before taking him on from us though. I guess that’s why they have way more wooden spoons than anybody else
Honestly, Freeman isn’t naturally talented either imo. He’s an athlete, selected early because of his elite speed and endurance. As a footballer, he’s fairly average, and I’d go as far as saying that Kyle Martin is actually far more talented as a footballer than Freeman has ever been, he just lacked the drive to take that next step in a professional environment.

If the Suns list him they may as well just pack up shop now and be done with it, there's a reason the Saints cut him, word i heard is if he had a cracked fingernail he would declare himself unfit.

Some players definitely more precious then others... I’ve got that vibe from Wells too - not sure if I’m being too harsh though, it’s a tough game and injuries are brutal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've seen the words "Dangerfield clone" in a Nathan Freeman thread and I'm totally ready to check out as the thread has obviously reached its pinnacle.

Add Fasolo to that list.
Probably a little harsh. Fas has had a lot of injuries, but they’ve all been pretty significant. It’s not like he ever missed because of a soft tissue niggle.

If the kid plays/played his cards right, he's paid off a house by his mid-20s with plenty left over. All for providing essentially nothing.

Nice "work" if you can get it.

I'm assuming he's pissed it all away on something silly though. Seems to be the way of things.

I've seen the words "Dangerfield clone" in a Nathan Freeman thread and I'm totally ready to check out as the thread has obviously reached its pinnacle.

I'm around the same height and weight as Wayne Carey and could run about the same speed in my 20s.

Now how do I change my username to Carey_Clone?

Back