Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AFL Club
Collingwood
That year we actually got pick 6 (used on Scharenberg) from West Coast, and gave them 11 (Sheed). Some other lesser picks were thrown in as well. At West Coast they're probably still smiling over that one, and who could blame them! The Eagles were seemingly very confident of still getting their man with pick 11, and were prepared to do that deal to get a couple of mid-range picks (31 & 49) in exchange for the one (44) they gave us. Funny how these things work out!
So to make it all work beautifully we need to win the flag (this year) with Scharenberg making the side and winning the Norm Smith Medal.

(I’ll retrieve this post when it happens :D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting question, if you could only have 1 of Bont, Cripps, or Brown, who would it be?
It’d have to be Cripps ...

... ‘cause I’d wanna hear the commentators continually stuff up “Crisp kicks it to Cripps” (Try to say that aloud, it can’t be done. The commentators struggle now even when they are on different teams!)

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I do, that's a little personal.

I meant his phantom draft (which was incredibly accurate), not his ranking, but anyway I get your point I'm just not convinced yet.
My apologies. Didn’t mean to get personal.
I have to ask, since suddenly Sheed has entered the conversation, is he that good?
Apart from that one kick, is he a superstar? I don’t follow the Eagles enough to make the judgement.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have to ask, since suddenly Sheed has entered the conversation, is he that good?
Apart from that one kick, is he a superstar? I don’t follow the Eagles enough to make the judgement.
Superstar I don't believe so, in their best 22 yes.

I accept your apology, though I have shifted slightly towards what your saying and realise it's not that easy to choose the best player (top 10 or so ) as it might seem. I just wonder the bad luck we had in 2013 could it have been mitigated?

Apex36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Averages 27 disposals, 5.5 clearances and a goal per game this year. Those are numbers that Freeman was unlikely to ever replicate, even without getting injured.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Superstar I don't believe so, in their best 22 yes.

I accept your apology, though I have shifted slightly towards what your saying and realise it's not that easy to choose the best player (top 10 or so ) as it might seem. I just wonder the bad luck we had in 2013 could it have been mitigated?
Thank you for accepting my apology.
I don’t think that the 2013 recruiting could have been mitigated.
You just don’t know what the future holds.
As a counterpoint to taking two supposed healthy, fit players, we took recently a player with a known heart condition!
So far, that one’s working a treat.

AFL Club
Collingwood
That year we actually got pick 6 (used on Scharenberg) from West Coast, and gave them 11 (Sheed). Some other lesser picks were thrown in as well. At West Coast they're probably still smiling over that one, and who could blame them! The Eagles were seemingly very confident of still getting their man with pick 11, and were prepared to do that deal to get a couple of mid-range picks (31 & 49) in exchange for the one (44) they gave us. Funny how these things work out!
Rage.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
We did the deal to get us closer to Bont. Had we not done the deal I suspect that both Bont and Sharenberg would have been gone and we would have had 10 and 11 to pick someone. Sheed was going at 6 nonetheless if WC still had that pick.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
We did the deal to get us closer to Bont. Had we not done the deal I suspect that both Bont and Sharenberg would have been gone and we would have had 10 and 11 to pick someone. Sheed was going at 6 nonetheless if WC still had that pick.
Yes, it seems very likely we made that move thinking it would get us Bontempelli, while West Coast wanted the local lad all along. They must have had a very good idea of who clubs picking from 6-10 would take, for them to do that deal. I was ecstatic when we ended up with two top 10 picks, but unfortunately the deal has worked out much better for West Coast than for us!

Top Bottom