Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So given his reverent opinion of the coach, why did Freeman, 20, walk away from Collingwood, where a persistent hamstring injury limited him to only two NAB Challenge and four VFL matches over two seasons?

“It came back to if I stayed at Collingwood I felt like I could be out of the system in two years’ time,’’ Freeman said.

So he Thought he was not Good Enough to Play for Collingwood

With that Attitude I doubt he will even make it at the Aints

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/03230c88952d7a4a910ac798ae4e34e7

That statement reeks of him not wanting to put in the hard yards imo. I hope he doesn't think Alan Richardson is going to give him a free ride. He might get a shock. Either that, or its a backhander aimed at Collingwood in a sense that he thought we might completely destroy him within 2 years. Either way, he can sod off.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
Can't access the article, but its not like he's wrong.
There were a lot of guys in front of him in the midfield depth chart, and he's still to show he can be healthy enough to have a sustained returned to the VFL, let alone AFL.
If St Kilda offer more money, and offer a greater prospect of getting regular AFL games, then I don't condemn him for deciding to move.

Having said that, I hope he does turn it around and have a decent career at St Kilda - just hope he never experiences a win against us.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Can we have a general 'ex-player' thread for all these types of things please mods? Whether it's Freeman, Beams, Daisy etc they don't deserve their own threads anymore.

Keep all the ex-player stuff in one thread.

Last edited:

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Behind, Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Crisp, Treloar, Aish, Adams and De Goey.

He wasnt wrong.

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can we have a general 'ex-player' thread for all these types of things please mods? Whether it's Freeman, Beams, Daist etc they don't deserve their own threads anymore.

Keep all the ex-player stuff in one thread.
Brisbane have a similar thread, it's called the Brisbane board, check it out.

d827fe112256adc7cb4eee6e884754e0.gif

Nov 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounds like he took the easy option, but that said the power of the $ and setting himself up via close to a guaranteed $1 million can't be forgotten either. That guarantee is huge if he's out of the system in 3 years.

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
Few things to.come out of this

Who gives a flying tossbag

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Don't get the Freeman hate, there's only so many midfielders you can have in one side. Only 22 players can play at a time. He would have already established himself if it wasn't for his injuries but since then depth has increased and he was pushed down the pecking order. Its not his fault he's not charge of list management, and didn't injure himself on purpose.

If you were offered more money, more opportunity and more security what would you do?

'If I stayed at Collingwood I could be out of the system in two years time'.....

A top 10 pick who is exactly the type of player the club needs (outside speed) won't even back himself to win a place in the 22. Wow. I'm actually really glad he's gone now. Don't need players who won't fight for a place in a young emerging squad.

The Dawes

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2008
Punxutawney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Notts County FC,
This is actually good news - if he doesn't want to be here for whatever reason then nick off and let someone who is prepared to push themselves have a crack.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't get the Freeman hate, there's only so many midfielders you can have in one side. Only 22 players can play at a time. He would have already established himself if it wasn't for his injuries but since then depth has increased and he was pushed down the pecking order. Its not his fault he's not charge of list management, and didn't injure himself on purpose.

If you were offered more money, more opportunity and more security what would you do?

If playing footy for him is "just" a job $ then I get your rational.

If it was his dream to play footy and [be a star]quote then IMO he is a soft utensil.

After reading the article I am going with soft utensil.......arrivederci you couldn't have picked a better club.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Few things come of this:
- He's weak
- He's soft
- He's got no confidence
- He doesn't believe in himself

Relationship with our club = over.

Great news. :)

If you believe all those things are true our recruiting staff made a pretty horrendous decision considering all the other great talent that went after him.

Back