Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen the words "Dangerfield clone" in a Nathan Freeman thread and I'm totally ready to check out as the thread has obviously reached its pinnacle.
I’m pretty sure someone, Maxwell maybe, likened him to Dangerfield when he first arrived at Collingwood.

I’m pretty sure someone, Maxwell maybe, likened him to Dangerfield when he first arrived at Collingwood.

It was the pretty common pre-draft hype.

Some players definitely more precious then others... I’ve got that vibe from Wells too - not sure if I’m being too harsh though, it’s a tough game and injuries are brutal.
250 plus games from Wells probably means he's far from precious...

250 plus games from Wells probably means he's far from precious...

I did say I was being harsh... but I don’t think that alone disproves it - just means he’s been fit and firing at least 250 times!! I’ve played at lower league and that’s hard enough - afl players put their body on the line and he’s earned he’s 250 games!
I’m sure he’s gone through he’s share of niggles and it’s just age catching up with him but there are definitely players that push through whatever possible to get on the ground (to their own detriment) and clubs and fans love them for it - Wells isn’t that player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've seen the words "Dangerfield clone" in a Nathan Freeman thread and I'm totally ready to check out as the thread has obviously reached its pinnacle.

rodney-dangerfield-getty-hero_0.jpg

My Saints mates say he has no power. Lost his speed and can't kick.
Maybe he can improve his leg power but it's hard to see him getting back the assets that saw him drafted in the first round. Hios best option is to play VFL and over the next year prove he has got back at least a good % of his speed and kicking power.

Pretty easy to see why he had no running power, his arms are bigger than his quads.

Stop skipping leg day. Legs and core are a lot more important in AFL than upper body.

D0C71331-64C4-496F-BF37-7360370073F0.jpeg

Honestly, Freeman isn’t naturally talented either imo. He’s an athlete, selected early because of his elite speed and endurance. As a footballer, he’s fairly average, and I’d go as far as saying that Kyle Martin is actually far more talented as a footballer than Freeman has ever been, he just lacked the drive to take that next step in a professional environment.
Not sure how anyone can have a handle on Freemans talent level as he's barely played any footy. But agree on Martin, he could play.

Pretty easy to see why he had no running power, his arms are bigger than his quads.

Stop skipping leg day. Legs and core are a lot more important in AFL than upper body.
Might be hard when your legs are always injurred?

please say it's so Dewy, this thread cannot die...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/suns-look-at-ex-saint-nathan-freeman-20181112-p50fkj.html

Former St Kilda player Nathan Freeman toured the Gold Coast on Monday, with the Suns considering the midfielder as a delisted free agent.

Freeman has played just two AFL games in five years after being drafted by Collingwood at pick 10 in the 2013 draft. He was traded to St Kilda after two years at Collingwood but continued to struggle with repeated hamstring injuries.

ca6945415d4cde804c95cb24d60ef920bac4ca57

The Suns are interested in Nathan Freeman.CREDIT:JOE ARMAO

He played two games at the end of this season before being cut by the Saints at year’s end. He can be signed by the Suns as a delisted free agent.

"We have been having a talk to Nathan; he has come up and had a look at the facilities. Like many clubs we would like to add some pace, and Nathan has that," Suns list manager Craig Cameron said.

Good luck to him.

After the saints I guess there’s only the suns slums left....

Wish him well.

Surely a team as pox at the Suns can fit him in.

Pretty sure I’ve seen Smith (“bit vanilla, but good bloke”), Blair (“Premiership Player and good servant to the club”), Oxley (“For shits and giggles”), Murray (“Please take him before us in the rookie draft”) and now Freeman (“Surely a team as pox as the Suns can fit him in”) all proposed to go to the Suns. Probably the same for the 16 other clubs.

Gee, the Suns have become the AFL competition’s garbage disposal unit!

I’d prefer if it was Carlton, but whatever :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I’ve seen Smith (“bit vanilla, but good bloke”), Blair (“Premiership Player and good servant to the club”), Oxley (“For shits and giggles”), Murray (“Please take him before us in the rookie draft”) and now Freeman (“Surely a team as pox as the Suns can fit him in”) all proposed to go to the Suns. Probably the same for the 16 other clubs.

Carlton is just GWS’ garbage disposal unit.

Carlton will still get their fair share, you dont have to worry about them.

Carlton will still get their fair share, you dont have to worry about them.

With 12 delistings / retirements this year, they’re bound to be scrounging around the bottom of the potato bin to replace them all :thumbsu:

Alas the journey of Nate has ended.

what could have been
Unfortunately for Freezer, he just needed the draft to be 2 - 3 weeks later....

I heard 2 - 3 clubs were interested in him.

(All jokes aside, it must be heart breaking that your body lets you down so badly that you never know for sure what your career might have looked like.
That said, did he have footy smarts! A footy brain? Always thought maybe not. Others would know better.)

I heard 2 - 3 clubs were interested in him.

(All jokes aside, it must be heart breaking that your body lets you down so badly that you never know for sure what your career might have looked like.
That said, did he have footy smarts! A footy brain? Always thought maybe not. Others would know better.)
I never saw him play or not that I remember. Poor guy has had a disastrous career and it is hard to evaluate what he might have done with reliable hamstrings. I feel sympathy for him.

Back