Q150 - SQAFA/BAFL Photos Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As part of the Q150 Project to document the 150 year history of Australian Football in Queensland, I have a special request for the supportive people out there:

Do you have any original or personal photos relating to the SQAFA/BAFL competitions through the 70s/80s/90s? You may be an ex-player or supporter from any of 60+ clubs (including, but not limited to, Sherwood, Mt Gravatt, South Brisbane, Aspley, Maroochydore, Noosa, Redlands, Springwood, University, Strathpine, Wynnum, Banyo, Acacia Ridge, etc etc) who has some quality football photos that need to be shared.

If you are able & willing to help, we would like to publish your photos and recognise your contribution to the project.

In fact, original photos of the QAFL & regional leagues are also sought.

Can you help? Please post a reply or send me a message.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A call for previously unpublished Qld football photos goes out, & you may think,
"We'll, I've got some old photos from my playing days. But really, what's in it for me?"

Fair enough. There are two major benefits for you:
1) We will acknowledge contributors, so you have the prestige of being recognised (or appearing) in the definitive 800-page publication of Qld football's 150-year history
2) Each picture will act as a marvellous promotion of your club.

So, if you (or friends) have any old photos you are willing to share, please make contact. It can be QAFL, SQAFA/BAFL/AFLQ, regional leagues, etc - they all help. If you're not sure how to get images to us & need help, please leave a reply.

I have already received some fascinating match-day & team photos - but I'm looking forward to seeing more options yet.

Thanks for your help & support.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Given that there is a lull on this board at present:
During the Christmas period, if anyone starts to reminisce about their playing days & drags out a photo album to remember those days, why not share your memories with all the Qld football public.
Let me know if you have any Qld football photos to share - & if they're of good quality, we might be able to get them published in the Q150 history. We've got some good photos - but we're looking for plenty more.
Contact me today.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Now that local clubs are back into their pre-season preparations, I imagine there are some old-timers remembering their own playing days. Perhaps you have dug out some old photos too?
If you have old local footy photos you are willing to share, get in touch with me. This is your chance to have you and your team mates immortalised in the definitive 800-page history of Australian Football in Queensland. I'm still looking for more photos for my chapter - but images from any Qld league will be gladly accepted.
Thanks for those who have responded so far.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's get this post back up the order, and maybe, just maybe, get a response from the BigFooty world:
If you have any football photos relating to SQAFA or BAFL (or any Queensland league at all), please make contact with me. This is your chance to immortalise yourself or your teammates in the definitive history of our code in Queensland.
I have received some useful images from other sources - but a big fat nothing from the BigFooty community. So far, Deagon, Stafford, Teachers, & maybe Everton are getting a look in - but I'd love to discover images for Mt Gravatt, Sherwood, University, South Brisbane, Acacia Ridge, Aspley, Banyo, etc, etc.
Can you help?
And if you can, are you willing to do so?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back