QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kind words Morro, getting a bit soft in your old age mate.

I am sure we will have a spare Pirate jumper ready for you mate should you get itchy feet during the year.

Odd game in the two's with your good mate NP might be enjoyable.

Morro is officially retired (again) . For now.

:)

With most clubs starting back at training the rumours or whispers should start flowing....
already the suns look to of recruited well again , vic pt believed to of recruited some handy players..sure blocker wouldof been active..
Interesting to hear of wynnum ..pine rivers....etc
Talking to a wynnum person couple weeks back he reckons they will be abiut the same as last year...said he hasn't heard of any new signings....

I'm sure when the clearances start going through there will be plenty of chat happening.

Kind words Morro, getting a bit soft in your old age mate.

I am sure we will have a spare Pirate jumper ready for you mate should you get itchy feet during the year.

Odd game in the two's with your good mate NP might be enjoyable.

Haha fatherhood has definitely softened me mate.

I am hoping 7th time lucky on the retirement Blocker :D

SunnyGun

Draftee
Jan 11, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone update on carrara i heard they are losing alot of players this year?

Also hear the buffs are struggling really bad

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strong chat around the traps that the Buffs will be playing Friday nights in 2016....

Will be sad state of affairs if that is the case. Is it because the juniors are not totally aligned with seniors? I thought Tommy would have sorted that out, so is it that or finances?

Until we hit mid February I am not real sure how our competition will shape up. Bit concerns around a few clubs numbers for 2 sides and finances from what I hear.

Can't afford to lose any more clubs to Friday night competition over wise it will be overflowing with teams?

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anyone update on carrara i heard they are losing alot of players this year?

Also hear the buffs are struggling really bad

Both Buffs and Cararra have good junior bases to work from so I would be staggered if they can't get 2 teams over the line. I would be more concerned about sides that just recruit for one or two years and when money runs out turns to crap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha fatherhood has definitely softened me mate.

I am hoping 7th time lucky on the retirement Blocker :D

Long time retired Morro, remember that mate. From what I saw last year I am sure you could still get around and sneak the odd sausage mate.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can't afford to lose any more clubs to Friday night competition over wise it will be overflowing with teams?

Agree.

AFLQ are taking the piss not offering a Saturday competition for one club teams. Fielding two teams is a big drain on resources, finances, volunteers and of course actual playing numbers.

Given AFLQ are so quick to grant licenses to new clubs without consideration for flow on effects for the existing clubs nearby, they should offer a solution for the diluted player base that doesn't involve changing their model completely to Friday night footy.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree.

AFLQ are taking the piss not offering a Saturday competition for one club teams. Fielding two teams is a big drain on resources, finances, volunteers and of course actual playing numbers.

Given AFLQ are so quick to grant licenses to new clubs without consideration for flow on effects for the existing clubs nearby, they should offer a solution for the diluted player base that doesn't involve changing their model completely to Friday night footy.
I said at beginning of last year that more clubs would look at a one team structure. It's getting harder and harder to find 60 players. Not to mention volunteers and umpires to fill all the roles the aflq don't do.
The cost drops off with one team.
Saturday afternoon football for one team clubs is a must but I'm sure they won't see that.
I learnt last year that trying to understanding some decisions made by aflq will drive you insane.
You have obviously stayed of the crack pipe over the holidays.

commish1234

Debutant
May 11, 2010
brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will be sad state of affairs if that is the case. Is it because the juniors are not totally aligned with seniors? I thought Tommy would have sorted that out, so is it that or finances?

Until we hit mid February I am not real sure how our competition will shape up. Bit concerns around a few clubs numbers for 2 sides and finances from what I hear.

commish1234

Debutant
May 11, 2010
brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
So it seems to me that to many people think they know everything about all the clubs .
The Buffs wont be playing Friday nights and they certainly are not short of funds .They havent paid any one for 2 years so you would think they are cashed up .The Sports club is killing the area and have been more than helpful to the Buffs .The ground has just had 300k of new lights doesnt seem to be a lost cause .The juniors are going well and strong in all youth areas which is more than i can say for most clubs in this league .All youth teams played finals and did very well .
The buffs Seniors and Juniors have and always be one club and one constitution .
I am sure you all enjoy having a chat on here but get it right
The buffs are far from broke and will have 2 sides seniors and reserves

Thanks for the chat
PS here is something to think about i know for a fact that KIWI is back helping the club so lets see what transpires with that should be interesting to see .

Last edited:
So it seems to me that to many people think they know everything about all the clubs .
The Buffs wont be playing Friday nights and they certainly are not short of funds .They havent paid any one for 2 years so you would think they are cashed up .The Sports club is killing the area and have been more than helpful to the Buffs .The ground has just had 300k of new lights doesnt seem to be a lost cause .The juniors are going well and strong in all youth areas which is more than i can say for most clubs in this league .All youth teams played finals and did very well .
The buffs Seniors and Juniors have and always be one club and one constitution .

Thanks for the chat
PS here is something to think about i know for a fact that KIWI is back helping the club so lets see what transpires with that should be interesting to see .

About time kiwi returned home. That's great news.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thanks for the chat

Bit touchy there Commish? I was merely asking what the issues were not making any aqusations. I have the upmost respect for Tommy Corless as a coach and just an all round good footy person. If he can't straighten out the issues at Buff's I am not sure who can.

I don't know who Kiwi is but obviously sounds like he is held in high regard if everyone is thinking one person can sort out any dramas, that is if there is any?

I think we all have enough trouble and rumblings in our own clubs without trying to buy into other clubs issues.

We truly hope the Buffs are up and about and competitive in 2016 as it is good for the competition if all teams are up and about.

No one likes the 100+ point hammerings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back