QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I said at beginning of last year that more clubs would look at a one team structure. It's getting harder and harder to find 60 players. Not to mention volunteers and umpires to fill all the roles the aflq don't do.
The cost drops off with one team.
Saturday afternoon football for one team clubs is a must but I'm sure they won't see that.
I learnt last year that trying to understanding some decisions made by aflq will drive you insane.
You have obviously stayed of the crack pipe over the holidays.

If the league went that we would have to play double headers at nominated grounds each week to make it worth while for setting up canteen's, bars etc. lot of work to set up for one game every 2 weeks?

It is definitely something that appears to be closing in as most clubs who are in our Competition would be struggling to get more than 30 players at each training session I would think. I may be wrong but the reason most blokes play this level at present is because they don't like the level of commitment to training which is far less than QAFL and probably the div above us.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is definitely something that appears to be closing in as most clubs who are in our Competition would be struggling to get more than 30 players at each training session I would think. I may be wrong but the reason most blokes play this level at present is because they don't like the level of commitment to training which is far less than QAFL and probably the div above us.

I imagine most blokes play this level because its all their footy ability allows. (some exceptions of course, but generally speaking...)

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If the league went that we would have to play double headers at nominated grounds each week to make it worth while for setting up canteen's, bars etc. lot of work to set up for one game every 2 weeks?

Having had experience in one team club that played home games on a Saturday. I will say that if done right you can get your revenue in. You need to get your higher junior teams playing beforehand and if you are lucky enough get your masters on after.
I'm all for a Senior and ressies team but I think that there are a lot of clubs who really struggle to get two teams up and about.
Absolutely agree that a lot of bloke's play for the fun and the beers.
That doesn't take away from talant that is out there. It's a balance of getting the commitment from the players while making it a fun place to be.
If the afl want what's best for the clubs then they need to talk and treat clubs on a one on one basis.
The way we are going it's just a matter of time before what most are thinking will happen.
A Saturday comp for one team clubs will happen in time but rest assured the afl will be two years behind.

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So it seems to me that to many people think they know everything about all the clubs .
The Buffs wont be playing Friday nights and they certainly are not short of funds .They havent paid any one for 2 years so you would think they are cashed up .The Sports club is killing the area and have been more than helpful to the Buffs .The ground has just had 300k of new lights doesnt seem to be a lost cause .The juniors are going well and strong in all youth areas which is more than i can say for most clubs in this league .All youth teams played finals and did very well .
The buffs Seniors and Juniors have and always be one club and one constitution .
I am sure you all enjoy having a chat on here but get it right
The buffs are far from broke and will have 2 sides seniors and reserves

Thanks for the chat
PS here is something to think about i know for a fact that KIWI is back helping the club so lets see what transpires with that should be interesting to see .
So Commish, seeing that you seem to have the inside word at the Buffs, maybe you can answer this question.
Why have the Buffs lost so many players, ( and are about to lose more from last years list ) and what is the club doing about it ?

commish1234

Debutant
May 11, 2010
brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well twinkle seems u know a lot .At the end of every season players come and go from every club for what ever reason .Yes 3 to 4 players are leaving that played senior footy you will have to ask them why they are leaving and reasons behind that .These players have been replaced already . As for losing players u must have been asleep last year with the failed merge with logan which had an effect on the club but is now going well and back on track .
I am not sure why every one seems so concerned with poor old Beenleigh interesting is it not .
Surely there are more concerns than Beenleigh like the new recruits to other clubs Park ridge , Victoria point, the Suns or maybe the loss of players from the roosters and what will Ipswich be like .What will Kedron be like good i would think

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well twinkle seems u know a lot .At the end of every season players come and go from every club for what ever reason .Yes 3 to 4 players are leaving that played senior footy you will have to ask them why they are leaving and reasons behind that .These players have been replaced already . As for losing players u must have been asleep last year with the failed merge with logan which had an effect on the club but is now going well and back on track .
I am not sure why every one seems so concerned with poor old Beenleigh interesting is it not .
Surely there are more concerns than Beenleigh like the new recruits to other clubs Park ridge , Victoria point, the Suns or maybe the loss of players from the roosters and what will Ipswich be like .What will Kedron be like good i would think

Vic point and vikings Will be the major jumpers I think . But if the mail is correct on the forward line sun's Will line up with ... god help us all unbeatable .

SunnyGun

Draftee
Jan 11, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Word in from a mate at carrara that they have lost almost 10 senior players from last year including their vice captain, full back, centre half back, key mid fielders and their full forward I wonder how they will go with all the other teams getting so much stronger

I think the interest is because, like myself, others would like to see the once powerhouse of the comp, return to that status as opposed to being easy beats.

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Concerned because since the 2013 GF Beenleigh have only won 3 games and losses have been huge yes they have full compliment of youth teams as has been the case for more than a decade and yes the Buffs are and have been at the top of the tree when it comes to finances with generous support from the sports club. All the above hasn't helped them to field a competitive team or attract quality players in recent times.

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Vic point and vikings Will be the major jumpers I think . But if the mail is correct on the forward line sun's Will line up with ... god help us all unbeatable .
People were saying same about Pine Rivers and Redcliffe this time 12 months ago. Suns will not be unbeatable

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Word in from a mate at carrara that they have lost almost 10 senior players from last year including their vice captain, full back, centre half back, key mid fielders and their full forward I wonder how they will go with all the other teams getting so much stronger
Not as good as last year if that's the case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
People were saying same about Pine Rivers and Redcliffe this time 12 months ago. Suns will not be unbeatable

I hope not, I do however think they should be absolutely red hot favorite to win it and rightfully so.

Good coach , good forwards, gun mids and a tight back line.

Will be the benchmark imo.

Anyone brave enough to predict a ladder or is it still to early ?

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It was a legitimate question! But if your answer is a true reflection of the attitude at the club, then it's no wonder players have left in their droves. "poor old Beenleigh" you say. Why? What sort of sooky la la crap is that? Lost players to Logan- bullshit- you may have lost a few twos players to them and some committee people but that's it! No, the only ones who are asleep here are the people in charge, who, by your own admission, have no idea why you've lost players because you never bothered to ask. I, like Morro and others, want a strong Beenleigh, not what's been served up over the last two years.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope not, I do however think they should be absolutely red hot favorite to win it and rightfully so.

Good coach , good forwards, gun mids and a tight back line.

Will be the benchmark imo.

Anyone brave enough to predict a ladder or is it still to early ?

Suns
Kedron
Pirates
Viccy Point
Wynnum
Carrara
Beenleigh
Moorooka
Redcliffe
Pine Rivers
Ipswich

Bit unsure of Northside teams as not much talk. But if they haven't been active I may be right, but I could also be a mile off.

Dark horse for mine is Viccy Point. Hoping this is the year of the Pirates but a long way until the big dance.

Footy 1st

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It is probably too early but:

SES
Kedron
Victoria Point
Park Ridge
Moorooka
Wynnum
Carrara
Redcliffe
Beenleigh
Ipswich
Pine Rivers

pirate island

Senior List
Nov 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Twinkle_Toes sums up the ladder at the moment..so much to happen in next couple of months to kick off.....
Thiz time last year talk was wynnum/viccy pt being big contenders. ....most weren't even rating bond......
Think buffs again to struggle. ...
nothing much said about tigers or swans.....both need alot of recruiting to be top five....
my whisper is wynnum may struggle again..
moorooka with retirement and player movement may drop a spot or two...
if the saints have lost the amount of players as reported earlier ....they may be in for a hard year..
kedron unknown. ....just like bond last year....
Pirates looking to cintinue up the ladder...
ladder. Tpo five
...suns
...kedron
...pirates
...viccy pt
....moorooka
any order wynnun...pine rivers...Carrara. ...redcliffe
beenleigh wooden spoon..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back