QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

why ? . It makes for a whole different strategy. IT is a winter sport. I guess Brisbane is just used to a dry winter for so long. But other states the game is played in rain.

Don't get me wrong, playing in the wet was fun. But it was always a sloppy low scoring game.. Even teams that are struggling can manage to get up once that footy get waterlogged!

Suns by 50
Park ridge by 5
Carrara by 20

If the game are cancelled do they get rescheduled? Doesn't seem fair if these 6 teams play 1 less match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes yes true and our ground could stand up well to this rain and potential "damage" wouldn't be an issue as the grass has matted well and would recover quick. HOWEVER, as has happened in previous years, AFLQ "may" provide a directive that the Round is off and we don't have a choice... With the low continuing to develop, it looks like tomorrow will be very very wet... As it's weather, it can change as we all know but if the forecast and modeling are on point, we can expect at least 150mls tonight and into tomorrow arvo....
I think Mighty Pirate is right that it will be taken out of all of our hands. From a club point of view hard to make any money on these sort of days as well so really it is a loss of a home game for revenue. Plus the school may have a say in us churning up the oval when we have just started to get it looking alright. Best of luck to all teams if games go ahead. Sides not playing will be happy as percentage might be an issue late in the year so they may get advantage on a dry track.

AFLQ making the call at 4 pm today
They have already pulled the pin on yeronga Burleigh. Seems it won't be about the weather at time of play but condition ground is already in and how much water it's holding. If your free and want to play get ur brooms and buckets out!
Forecast for tomorrow is actually pretty good with rain expected to clear late tonight.

* you must have some good mail qafl before the website fb and Twitter are updated!!

Currently showing only qafa b north and Central. If all leagues called off will be plenty of blokes checking the fare rules of their mid season trip to Melbourne!!

So for those who haven't been in Qld Footy for the last 15 years like myself, it all started way back when we had "drought like" conditions in and around Brisbane and water restrictions. So to play on a wet day meant ground got churned and as sometimes it then didn't rain for months, they were left bare, dry and too hard to play on. It seems this mantra has continued since then despite changed conditions. Being in the industry, there are also the insurance concerns and I know you will all say WTF has insurance got to do with it, well unfortunately nowadays, some people who fall over in the wet or slide into a fence will get a number off the TV and think, hey there is a buck in it for me... And so starts the slippery slope risk vs return... Anyways, just some background, not backing or bagging the decision, but I did love to play in the wet!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back