QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he is just a better human being - you've been around football to know long enough it takes way more than one man to destroy a club, I'm a little shocked that a club president would pursue innuendo and rumours

Are you for real? If someone made serious allegations about me destroying a club I would be defending myself to the hilt and the reasoning as to why my name shouldn't be dragged through the mud.

There appears to be a lot of questions asked and not much denial or response from your part.

Pretty simple yes or no and we can move on but making up more user names and bagging the coach doesn't provide a real lot of clarity.

My gripe is that they had a policy of punting one Logan Cobra each week because the coach said they did not fit the culture. He kept banging on how shite we all were.

To get rid of last year’s comp medalist Mark Giuliani in the last minor round game just before finals was crusade completed.

We all wanted to walk halfway through the year in the magoos, especially when he was paying players and bagging us all.

Gone because of the coach …Paul Opbroak, Ken Bentley, Greg Ryan…Gone many other good supporters and players

My gripe is that they had a policy of punting one Logan Cobra each week because the coach said they did not fit the culture. He kept banging on how shite we all were.

To get rid of last year’s comp medalist Mark Giuliani in the last minor round game just before finals was crusade completed.

We all wanted to walk halfway through the year in the magoos, especially when he was paying players and bagging us all.

Gone because of the coach …Paul Opbroak, Ken Bentley, Greg Ryan…Gone many other good supporters and players
Benny number 7 user name, please stop it your embarrassing yourself. No cred at all

Last edited:
Are you for real? making up more user names and bagging the coach doesn't provide a real lot of clarity.

Wow these people are really fascinated by me.They must have had a RDO today .It’s easy to throw mud from the cloud of anonymity. People that make up a new fictitious name each time they want to take pot shots and have one or two posts are not worth the time of day. Made up names of brainfart, Ironho, Sunnyside up, what’s going on and KarmaKing are all people living in their own keyboard warrior land….If I have something to say I will use my name. But we all have our own skeletons, that's why they use fictitious names.

Collectively the current committee are all guilty of the events that have the Suns in this predicament most decisions affecting the current status of the club were made after May. But I was there till May so I made appointments that were wrong; failed to rein in certain decisions

The Suns had money in the bank and no outstanding accounts as of the AGM in February 2016.
This is not good for the Suns...An AGM is where this should be. And this is all I am writing

So the twos had a gripe because the seniors won a flag and went through entire season undefeated?

That makes sense, please.

Wow these people are really fascinated by me.They must have had a RDO today .It’s easy to throw mud from the cloud of anonymity. People that make up a new fictitious name each time they want to take pot shots and have one or two posts are not worth the time of day. Made up names of brainfart, Ironho, Sunnyside up, what’s going on and KarmaKing are all people living in their own keyboard warrior land….If I have something to say I will use my name. But we all have our own skeletons, that's why they use fictitious names.

Collectively the current committee are all guilty of the events that have the Suns in this predicament most decisions affecting the current status of the club were made after May. But I was there till May so I made appointments that were wrong; failed to rein in certain decisions

The Suns had money in the bank and no outstanding accounts as of the AGM in February 2016.
This is not good for the Suns...An AGM is where this should be. And this is all I am writing
Writing under your primary user name? good luck with that and yes you do have a few skeletons Benny!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crock of s**t. Sick of keyboard warriors bagging out David Sloan and don't have the balls to tell him to his face. I'm happy to put my hand up and state who I am. If you havent figured out by now via my username but its Dale Marshall and I'm the Secretary of the Suns.

Let me set the record straight on a few things.

1. Not all the ressies players wanted to not play under Plugger. I know i did as i bought into the culture and so did a few others. Out of respect to them i wont name those that did but there were some other players that didnt buy into the culture nor seemed to care about the club in terms of wearing the club gear to games, attending club functions and speaking to the committee about membership fee payment.

2. None of the players got paid. Most in the seniors came from Surfers and wanted to play with their mates.

3. Those people you mentioned left because of Plugger isnt true. Oppy moved up north, ken had other things on and Greg was more involved with the Beenleigh juniors because his son played there because the suns didnt have a team in his age group. Plenty of former cobra players and officials attended games during the year as well.

4. Plugger didn't destroy the club. He turned it from a social one to a semi professional one and also financially backed us with sponsorship and helped bring players from other clubs in.

5. Mark Guiliani was told to leave because he apparently didnt buy into the coaches game plan not because of anything else.

6. Plugger told the players during the year that he was stepping down. I know he was planning to retire but the Robina role came up and he accepted. He wouldnt have coached them if the suns were in the same div. At the end of the day its his life and no one has the right to bag a guy for wanting a different challenge.

7. The players that have left is because they were either retiring or didn't want to play in Div 3. You can't hold a grudge on anyone wanting to play at a higher level. If we kept the same players in div 3 it would have been a hiding to most sides in it next year and they wanted to play competitive footy. Had we gone up to div 2 then the majority would have stayed. We lobbied with AFLQ to go up when we found out the league structures but they wont allow us to.

8. In regards to the former president i have been told by reliable sources that a lot of things went ahead without the committees knowledge or permission and he was asked to leave because of the financial situation he apparently put us in. Plugger did sponsor us but he didnt pay all the bills owing. It was a lot of hard work and fundraising from the new president Shane Baulderstone, the committee and volunteers that saw us pay our league fees and other bills. I wasnt secretary when benny was there but was asked to take over when shane became president as due to personal reasons the then secretary had to stand down.

I could go on but I'll leave it here. If anyone has a problem with David Sloan then i suggest you grow a set and speak to him personally instead of hiding behind aliases on this forum!

Last edited:
What a crock of s**t. Sick of keyboard warriors bagging out David Sloan and don't have the balls to tell him to his face. I'm happy to put my hand up and state who I am. If you havent figured out by now via my username but its Dale Marshall and I'm the Secretary of the Suns.

1. Not all the ressies players wanted to not play under Plugger. I know i did as i bought into the culture and so did a few others. Out of respect to them i wont name those that did but there were some other players that didnt buy into the culture nor seemed to care about the club in terms of wearing the club gear to games, attending club functions and speaking to the committee about membership fee payment.

2. None of the players got paid. Most in the seniors came from Surfers and wanted to play with their mates.

3. Those people you mentioned left because of Plugger isnt true. Oppy moved up north, ken had other things on and Greg was more involved with the Beenleigh juniors because his son played there because the suns didnt have a team in his age group. Plenty of former cobra players and officials attended games during the year as well.

4. Plugger didn't destroy the club. He turned it from a social one to a semi professional one and also financially backed us with sponsorship and helped bring players from other clubs in.

5. Mark Guiliani was told to leave because he apparently didnt buy into the coaches game plan not because of anything else.

6. Plugger told the players during the year that he was stepping down. I know he was planning to retire but the Robina role came up and he accepted. He wouldnt have coached them if the suns were in the same div. At the end of the day its his life and no one has the right to bag a guy for wanting a different challenge.

7. The players that have left is because they were either retiring or didn't want to play in Div 3. You can't hold a grudge on anyone wanting to play at a higher level. If we kept the same players in div 3 it would have been a hiding to most sides in it next year and they wanted to play competitive footy. Had we gone up to div 2 then the majority would have stayed. We lobbied with AFLQ to go up when we found out the league structures but they wont allow us to.

8. In regards to the former president i have been told by reliable sources that a lot of things went ahead without the committees knowledge or permission and he was asked to leave because of the financial situation he apparently put us in. Plugger did sponsor us but he didnt pay all the bills owing. It was a lot of hard work and fundraising from the new president Shane Baulderstone, the committee and volunteers that saw us pay our league fees and other bills. I wasnt secretary when benny was there but was asked to take over when shane became president as due to personal reasons the then secretary had to stand down.

I could go on but I'll leave it here. If anyone has a problem with David Sloan then i suggest you grow a set and speak to him personally instead of hiding behind aliases on this forum!
Thanks Dale, water always finds its own level

Thanks Dale, water always finds its own level

My pleasure dave. Dont like seeing people get bagged when stuff mentioned isn't true by keyboard warriors who aren't man enough to admit to who they are and hide behind aliases.

Good luck with the Robina role. Having you and noisy there will make that club not only a competitive unit but also have a great culture

So you want us to believe no senior players were paid ?
None
Zilch

So you want us to believe no senior players were paid ?
None
Zilch

From what i have been told by the committee none were paid. What people dont realise is we have to pay rent, power, water, etc and because we dont have pokies and an actual sports club like such clubs as Beenleigh we rely on getting money in by the bar, canteen and fundraising. We don't have sponsors paying massive dollars and the 10 years ive been involved with the cobras come suns we never had much money in the bank come seasons end

From what i have been told by the committee none were paid. What people dont realise is we have to pay rent, power, water, etc and because we dont have pokies and an actual sports club like such clubs as Beenleigh we rely on getting money in by the bar, canteen and fundraising. We don't have sponsors paying massive dollars and the 10 years ive been involved with the cobras come suns we never had much money in the bank come seasons end

if Beenleigh were paying players, they should ask for the money back.

if Beenleigh were paying players, they should ask for the money back.

I wasnt saying they pay players but they do have a proper sports club with pokies and the Tab and dont have the overheads like the suns. That makes it easier to pay players than us if they do

Ah yeah I forgot, making stupid assumptions and making a dick of yourself is what bigfooty is all about !! Play on !!
mate the assumption was made that because we don't have pokies we can't pay players, oh look Beenleigh and Kedron have pokies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back