QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Former PBC skipper, QAFL representative player and been playing for the Wodonga Raiders for a couple of years I think after following Cres down to the O&M.

Must be some good coin down at the Pirates, not just VFL contract offers!
Park ridge don't pay their players ..... apparently

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate I was told yesterday that Derrick is a mate of the Park Ridge
Coach and has played under him before so there's were the relationship lies, mate you seen to have a beef with the pirates tell us more .

The bloke had a beef with his former coach but appears to be taking to this forum to keep slagging a club that he had a lot of friends at and forgets how much hard work goes into a club by a lot of people who his comments are starting to really annoy.

I assure you no players or coaches for that fact were paid a cent last year. A few players had kitchens installed at their homes and parents homes at club rates no different to 5 other supporters did as well at the club.

How I know this is because I did the work and I know where all club monies are spent.

What this bloke is forgetting that his 12 mates that have gone with him to Yeronga 3 of them were on the selection committee for reserve grade last year and agreed with coach on what games not to play him. So he looks like a complete tool the way he is going on about the club and way he is treated.

We understand the blokes that contacted the club and told us their reasons for going to s Friday night competition. Most of them have even offered to fill in for our twos if we are ever short.

These players will always be welcomed back to club as they have done nothing wrong. And we don't get on here whinging that we have lost 13 players to Yeronga Div 5 side. We understand players move from clubs at this level of footy and some are not committed to where we are trying to head as a club.

At the end of the day we will have to start reimbursing players for out of pocket expenses at this level no different to every other club in Div 2.

We are trying to build a culture out of a school ground and built facilities that at least make us competitive at this level. If a few knockers sat back and realised how much work goes into running a club and trying to build facilities at same time they may have a bit more respect for clubs with their half baked comments.

This will be my last post on this crap as I refuse to give anymore air time to imbeciles.
#move on

pirate island

Senior List
Nov 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pre season comp kicks off in a couple of week's. .
pirates face cooly at cooly.
will be a good guide to how pirates are traveling. ..
play cooly in season opener as well....
finally footy is back...

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pre season comp kicks off in a couple of week's. .
pirates face cooly at cooly.
will be a good guide to how pirates are traveling. ..
play cooly in season opener as well....
finally footy is back...

Day after our first club function so not sure how much I would take out of our first outing PI

pirate island

Senior List
Nov 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OTE="Blocker Roach, post: 48821703, member: 160651"]Day after our first club function so not sure how much I would take out of our first outing PI[/QUOTE]
Your sideline performance may be a bit below par then blocker. ...
umpires only get half an ear full.....
whisper going around park Ridge is that you have mellowed over the off season become more if a umpire lover...

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The object of a football department is too recruit the best players he can to build a team then the coach can play his best 22, who cares who's gone to other clubs if one club has done that then the other clubs need to try do the same. Congrats to pirates yeronga and any club who has bolstered their playing stock in any way because you don't win premierships having broken down run down 40 year old players playing at the top level.

No good smoking about it match em or get pumped by em

Me Boo

Rookie
Feb 10, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Day after our first club function so not sure how much I would take out of our first outing PI
The function shouldn't effect proformance , surely the coach won't alow the squad to have a big night regardless of the importance
Of the game , if what I'm hearing out of the pirates camp is true This years coaching staff being headed up by the former Griffith Moorooka
Premiership coach has begun to take a more professional approach
Towards preparing there players for the upcoming season , so I wouldn't think a function on the Friday night would make to much difference .

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
OTE="Blocker Roach, post: 48821703, member: 160651"]Day after our first club function so not sure how much I would take out of our first outing PI
Your sideline performance may be a bit below par then blocker. ...
umpires only get half an ear full.....
whisper going around park Ridge is that you have mellowed over the off season become more if a umpire lover...[/QUOTE]

Baha I'd like to see the day! You would have to take the big chiefs larynx out for that to happen! ;)

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I infact didn't train the final 8 weeks of the season so I knew I'd be left out. That doesn't worry me. My mates were training two nights a week and slogging their guts out all to be dropped for fill ins. That's my issue. I've personally spoke to the 'selection committee' and they have assured me they had little to no influence on match day team selection, except for the prelim. So again, that issue doesn't worry me. As stated they are mates of mine so I have no reason to doubt what they have told me. Last i checked this was a public forum, free for anyone to speak and voice an opinion. Which is what I'm doing. If it rubs someone up the wrong way then so be it. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. That's life

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I infact didn't train the final 8 weeks of the season so I knew I'd be left out. That doesn't worry me. My mates were training two nights a week and slogging their guts out all to be dropped for fill ins. That's my issue. I've personally spoke to the 'selection committee' and they have assured me they had little to no influence on match day team selection, except for the prelim. So again, that issue doesn't worry me. As stated they are mates of mine so I have no reason to doubt what they have told me. Last i checked this was a public forum, free for anyone to speak and voice an opinion. Which is what I'm doing. If it rubs someone up the wrong way then so be it. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. That's life

Clearly didn't "please" any of the selectors

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
ILast i checked this was a public forum, free for anyone to speak and voice an opinion. Which is what I'm doing. If it rubs someone up the wrong way then so be it. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. That's life
Coming from a guy who publicly rubbished me on welcoming back a few very good footballers last year Word of advice Tristan leaving any club and going to another club... If you have made that choice to move on...then move on. Do not bag out that club..Just move on.. This is detrimental to any club.... And just plain bad sportsmanship.. you might play them one day. Truth be told just be proud you wore their jumper

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
No excuses Angry just plain hard facts son.

It's probably one of your 6 mates that use that QAFL_Fan handle setting you up here blocker, scheduling a practice match after a club function is not on!
Perhaps set a curfew? Can't have cooli win, the wolves on here will be out to get you before the season has even started! :tonguewink:

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Park ridge don't pay their players ..... apparently
Dont pay players thats why matty derrick is going to be paid 450 plus fuel card not bad for some who was told he has only got to train 1 night a week, mind boggles on what they are spending on the whole senior squad

Dont pay players thats why matty derrick is going to be paid 450 plus fuel card not bad for some who was told he has only got to train 1 night a week, mind boggles on what they are spending on the whole senior squad
LOL

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

You the same bloke that made all the same accusations last year.

You forgot to mention we gave Matty a car, a boat, a house, a holiday plus bonuses.

No money left for any other players.

Theroost

Rookie
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
You the same bloke that made all the same accusations last year.

You forgot to mention we gave Matty a car, a boat, a house, a holiday plus bonuses.

No money left for any other players.

Blocker we all know park ridge boys are being paid it has come from Tim Pearson's mouth.

Rumor is Jared Brennan is going to the pirates and im sure he wont be playing for a pie and can of coke.

No shame in paying players mate its the only way to compete with other clubs I just wonder why you guys try hide it ?

Laceout01

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
E
Blocker we all know park ridge boys are being paid it has come from Tim Pearson's mouth.

Rumor is Jared Brennan is going to the pirates and im sure he wont be playing for a pie and can of coke.

No shame in paying players mate its the only way to compete with other clubs I just wonder why you guys try hide it ?

Explains why Guise backed out of a QAFL deal and Tomlinson hasn't popped up. He's had 4 clubs in four years because of money!

Young guns like Liam and Jared Jackson should be getting the treats!

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond

Heard the same...for 24 months now!

Does anyone know if there is an online page where clearances can be viewed in QLD? Other states have them. Share link pls?

eric101

Draftee
Mar 8, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
how is Bond Uni looking heard they have match against Broadbeach this weekend? different divisions ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back