Remove this Banner Ad

pirate island

Senior List
Nov 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Outandabout"..."redkeggers31"...
Anu update on kedron.
coach left after only few months....beleive new coach appointed.
Players apparently gone to zillmere...
big George (100) goal kicker one of them...

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ex Moorooka captain Lee Bromley off to Park Ridge, after Spending the last 12 months slagging off everyone who left the chooks and headed to the Pirates. If you can't beat em, join em.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Outandabout"..."redkeggers31"...
Anu update on kedron.
coach left after only few months....beleive new coach appointed.
Players apparently gone to zillmere...
big George (100) goal kicker one of them...
Yes coach resigned a new coach appointed. Assistant coach and manager called it quits as well. I suppose we will see how they are traveling this weekend.
All I will say is under good leadership this wouldn't happen.
I hope they get two sides but only time will tell..

Merritt37

Rookie
May 30, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ex Moorooka captain Lee Bromley off to Park Ridge, after Spending the last 12 months slagging off everyone who left the chooks and headed to the Pirates. If you can't beat em, join em.
Lee is a top bloke, never ideal to lose any player let alone a captain but full credit to him for pushing himself in a higher division. If you knew how much extra work he put in last year to help us keep the lights on you might be able to appreciate that a change of scenery was probably a smart move to find his enjoyment of the game again. Hats off to Park Ridge, must be doing something very right to be attracting quality people/players to their club.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Lee is a top bloke, never ideal to lose any player let alone a captain but full credit to him for pushing himself in a higher division. If you knew how much extra work he put in last year to help us keep the lights on you might be able to appreciate that a change of scenery was probably a smart move to find his enjoyment of the game again. Hats off to Park Ridge, must be doing something very right to be attracting quality people/players to their club.

I don't disagree a change is as good as a holiday, but to go to the club filled with blokes who you've been slagging off for the past 12 months ?

Merritt37

Rookie
May 30, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't disagree a change is as good as a holiday, but to go to the club filled with blokes who you've been slagging off for the past 12 months ?

Not sure he slagged anyone off. We are well over it and I am sure they have bigger things to worry about. Yes, some boys went across because they felt it was a better fit for them, it probably was and we had to take an honest look at our house and get it back in order. New standards have been set since that time and building our new culture is our top priority at Moorooka.

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure he slagged anyone off. We are well over it and I am sure they have bigger things to worry about. Yes, some boys went across because they felt it was a better fit for them, it probably was and we had to take an honest look at our house and get it back in order. New standards have been set since that time and building our new culture is our top priority at Moorooka.

Let's hope they went through the right channels and organised a 'permission to interview' form?

If it went the other way (Pirates to Chooks) you would lead yourself open for abusive phone calls by the new incoming coach for chatting to their players, right? ;)

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty sure he left Moorooka to be with guys who arrived at Park Ridge from the team he played the 2011 grand final with Jimboomba. Lee has staid very close mates with the redback guys and visited their Friday night games often so get off the guys back and learn the facts first.

Me Boo

Rookie
Feb 10, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I don't disagree a change is as good as a holiday, but to go to the club filled with blokes who you've been slagging off for the past 12 months ?[/

From your last few posts you sound very bitter toward anything pirate ,
You ok mate ?
What's really going on ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin76

Draftee
Feb 28, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surprising kedron went with a player as coach and not chase after last years coach? Who took them from Friday nights to a grand final in div 3

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One things is for sure, Div 4 will resemble 2013 and 2014 again this year with a side going undefeated and nobody able to get near them

Zillmere will not drop a game and will have % of 300+

Ridiculous group of talent at that club, probably better than anyone in Div 3 too.

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty sure he left Moorooka to be with guys who arrived at Park Ridge from the team he played the 2011 grand final with Jimboomba. Lee has staid very close mates with the redback guys and visited their Friday night games often so get off the guys back and learn the facts first.

I think the arrival of Parker would have swayed the decision actually. Also the departure of some of the 'former roosters' Vasterink (Bulldogs), Valdes (NSW) etc.
Penciling in watching this clash!

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One things is for sure, Div 4 will resemble 2013 and 2014 again this year with a side going undefeated and nobody able to get near them

Zillmere will not drop a game and will have % of 300+

Ridiculous group of talent at that club, probably better than anyone in Div 3 too.

Without them even having played a game yet, how do you even know who is playing there? Or who they have lost. I've heard up to 10 from last year have finished up. And the whole kedron thing is not true, none have gone there at all.

Kevin76

Draftee
Feb 28, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there any news coming out of any other club other then park ridge? How's the newcomers in the hinterland blues travelling? Very quiet from teams such as Redcliffe, pine rivers, Wynnum etc...

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surprising kedron went with a player as coach and not chase after last years coach? Who took them from Friday nights to a grand final in div 3
Let's get the truth out there. Two years ago I took over after a collapse from the previous well paid coach. Did it for nothing and won a GF. Was told I would get the gig again. Club went back on there word and did not offer any role the year after.
A coach who was heavily involved as an assistant that year was given the job. To the best of my knowledge he did it for free and in my opinion did a great job. Getting them to another GF.
This year both of the above coaches got together and applied as a combined unit.
Well low and behold he got the sack and I got the assistant role.
New coach came in and didn't click with anyone. I might say he wasn't doing it for free.
He decided to move on after a short time.
I decided that the lack of respect to me over the years was enough.
The moral of the story is there are good people in every club. But if you continually change coaches who are successful you will eventually lose them elsewhere.
This is exactly what has happened.
Last year's coach is now at pine rivers.
They are lucky to have him and will only benefit from his leadership.
I have walked away and have no desire to help out in anyway.
I feel for the new coach as he is a ripper of a bloke and a quality player.
I wish him and the players all the best and no hard feelings towards the players.
Every poor decision at the club over the years stem's from one place.
Hope that clears it up for you blokes.
Buy the way the oval has been resurfaced so no need to keep going back to goat track watto.
Enjoy your year lads and I will hopefully pop up at another club in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back