QAFA (A) 2016 Season

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Let's get the truth out there. Two years ago I took over after a collapse from the previous well paid coach. Did it for nothing and won a GF. Was told I would get the gig again. Club went back on there word and did not offer any role the year after.
A coach who was heavily involved as an assistant that year was given the job. To the best of my knowledge he did it for free and in my opinion did a great job. Getting them to another GF.
This year both of the above coaches got together and applied as a combined unit.
Well low and behold he got the sack and I got the assistant role.
New coach came in and didn't click with anyone. I might say he wasn't doing it for free.
He decided to move on after a short time.
I decided that the lack of respect to me over the years was enough.
The moral of the story is there are good people in every club. But if you continually change coaches who are successful you will eventually lose them elsewhere.
This is exactly what has happened.
Last year's coach is now at pine rivers.
They are lucky to have him and will only benefit from his leadership.
I have walked away and have no desire to help out in anyway.
I feel for the new coach as he is a ripper of a bloke and a quality player.
I wish him and the players all the best and no hard feelings towards the players.
Every poor decision at the club over the years stem's from one place.
Hope that clears it up for you blokes.
Buy the way the oval has been resurfaced so no need to keep going back to goat track watto.
Enjoy your year lads and I will hopefully pop up at another club in the future.

who was the coach in 2016?

Watto46

May 22, 2016
Let's get the truth out there. Two years ago I took over after a collapse from the previous well paid coach. Did it for nothing and won a GF. Was told I would get the gig again. Club went back on there word and did not offer any role the year after.
A coach who was heavily involved as an assistant that year was given the job. To the best of my knowledge he did it for free and in my opinion did a great job. Getting them to another GF.
This year both of the above coaches got together and applied as a combined unit.
Well low and behold he got the sack and I got the assistant role.
New coach came in and didn't click with anyone. I might say he wasn't doing it for free.
He decided to move on after a short time.
I decided that the lack of respect to me over the years was enough.
The moral of the story is there are good people in every club. But if you continually change coaches who are successful you will eventually lose them elsewhere.
This is exactly what has happened.
Last year's coach is now at pine rivers.
They are lucky to have him and will only benefit from his leadership.
I have walked away and have no desire to help out in anyway.
I feel for the new coach as he is a ripper of a bloke and a quality player.
I wish him and the players all the best and no hard feelings towards the players.
Every poor decision at the club over the years stem's from one place.
Hope that clears it up for you blokes.
Buy the way the oval has been resurfaced so no need to keep going back to goat track watto.
Enjoy your year lads and I will hopefully pop up at another club in the future.

Trained with a bloke from Kedron in the Div1 squad last night at the devils, didnt catch his name but he was a short little speedster they had last year, blondish/light brown hair (hard to tell when its sweating). Looks like a few are confirmed leaving Ted Anderson oval.

UnBiassed

Apr 7, 2014
Is there any news coming out of any other club other then park ridge? How's the newcomers in the hinterland blues travelling? Very quiet from teams such as Redcliffe, pine rivers, Wynnum etc...

Redcliffe playing in the div 2 pre season comp against moreton bay this week. won't really give you a bearing of where they are at. Word is new coach setting some pretty strong standards

SixthSense

May 21, 2016
Redcliffe playing in the div 2 pre season comp against moreton bay this week. won't really give you a bearing of where they are at. Word is new coach setting some pretty strong standards

With all due respect how do they get a gig in the div 2 pre season comp when all they strive for is ressies glory ?

Trained with a bloke from Kedron in the Div1 squad last night at the devils, didnt catch his name but he was a short little speedster they had last year, blondish/light brown hair (hard to tell when its sweating). Looks like a few are confirmed leaving Ted Anderson oval.
Is he one of the blokes that Bakesy wanted to fight after we lost the prelim to Logan?

#awkward

UnBiassed

Apr 7, 2014
With all due respect how do they get a gig in the div 2 pre season comp when all they strive for is ressies glory ?

They play an annual "councilers cup" against the lions. last few years this has been a curtain raiser for NAB challenge matches. i assume this is the only time they could fixture it in?

As for the 2's Joke, didnt see a game but i know alot of the guys that played in the GF were playing seniors when i was a junior at redcliffe..... 16 years ago. Bunch of old blokes that happened to be better than the other old hacks in 2's footy.

Watto46

May 22, 2016
Is he one of the blokes that Bakesy wanted to fight after we lost the prelim to Logan?

#awkward

haha! they quickly shut up when bakes flexed! not sure what redbackpride thinks he is dong taking on such a monster!

Morro I heard a whisper that you're off to Ormeau with the 3 others a certain parky bloke stole from the pirates? From a good source too! Any truths?

haha! they quickly shut up when bakes flexed! not sure what redbackpride thinks he is dong taking on such a monster!

Morro I heard a whisper that you're off to Ormeau with the 3 others a certain parky bloke stole from the pirates? From a good source too! Any truths?

Was briefly discussed as an option mate, closer to home and Friday nights a bit more family friendly but at this stage struggling to see how I can fit in. Would love to keep playing if I can though

lucky ducky

Mar 17, 2014
Does anyone know what kind of team Moorooka fielded yesterday from what i understand is that the woodies gave them a touch up. Just curious wether they put thier thirds or seniors

Jun 2, 2007
It was their 2s mate, but their best 2s probably played in the earlier 1s game because it was 30 a side, so their 8 best 2s blokes would have played in that game by my logic

A handful backed up in hot conditions.

We had a giant 6 foot 9 ruckman playing his first game ever, and he consequently won every hitout which helped. Was an enjoyable evening.

Not sure of exact score, but margin was ~100 points

Kevin76

Draftee
Feb 28, 2017
Some interesting results across the board after the weekends results. It's only early days, but hearing some interesting news that Nambour played a number of guys on permit from Maroochydore. Did anyone see any of the other games?

gb2015

Rookie
Mar 29, 2015
Saw Ipswich against Coomera on Saturday , Ipswich looked good probably struggling to get 2 full teams together by the look of it , ressies playing with 15 most of game after a couple injuries and went down by 10 goals. Seniors ontop 3/4 quarters but went down by 2 goals and looked to move the ball really well at times .

Hotsuns!

Draftee
Mar 6, 2017
Gold Coast
Does anyone know how Carrara are traveling this year? Interesting result against Moorooka on the weekend?