QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Mullsy. Had the draw but didn't have the technical skills to upload.

Can't wait for return bout in round 2 with Viccy Point. Few scores to settle especially in the coaches box.
Big Monk not a real fan of opposing coach and a few things said last time we met.
No dramas with the playing group, but their coach said a few things that went into the memory bank.

The vikings have a new coach this year..
Was last years coach new or did he coach them the previous year as well. ....

Not many oppositions big Monky doesn't like to have a crack is there? :D

Yes the big fella does wear his heart on his sleeve.
But in saying that he is very fair, but I assure you there is no love lost with this bloke. He stepped over the mark last time we met and it hasn't been forgotten by the big fella I assure you.

Yes the big fella does wear his heart on his sleeve.
But in saying that he is very fair, but I assure you there is no love lost with this bloke. He stepped over the mark last time we met and it hasn't been forgotten by the big fella I assure you.
Fair enough.
Yeah I love the bloke, used to love watching him play 15 years ago.
Not a guy I'd be keen getting offside when there's a game of footy on

Fair enough.
Yeah I love the bloke, used to love watching him play 15 years ago.
Not a guy I'd be keen getting offside when there's a game of footy on

No I don't think it is a smart idea but obviously Nick Aldridge thought he could push the boundaries with him.

Can't wait for return bout in round 2 with Viccy Point. Few scores to settle especially in the coaches box.
Big Monk not a real fan of opposing coach and a few things said last time we met.
No dramas with the playing group, but their coach said a few things that went into the memory bank.
Nooooo, rod brown piss someone off from the side line, who would have thought.

The vikings have a new coach this year..
Was last years coach new or did he coach them the previous year as well. ....
Darren coached the previous 3 years. Will be interesting with Micky o returning after 3 years from over at morningside. All things positive from what I hear. Maybe macman can shed some light?

Nooooo, rod brown piss someone off from the side line, who would have thought.

Darren coached the previous 3 years. Will be interesting with Micky o returning after 3 years from over at morningside. All things positive from what I hear. Maybe macman can shed some light?
Swamp13 The pirates are talking about Nic Aldridge not Rod Brown

Round two will be a cracker, early indication of where both teams are at with there new recruits

I think Aldridge is Rod Browns assistant and was injured and was in the box when he made some comments
Gotta love the banter, there was a lot at stake for both sides on the day in regards to playing finals, pressure is a wonderful thing, makes nice guys mean lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks swamp 13.....lets hope he can bring a few players with him..
speaking to a few people from wynnum they were a bit concerned about numbers...
like most clubs alot of the regulars dont start to get keen until February. ..

Will be good for the Vikings. Having a lazy forward pocket who doesn't get more than 30m from goal as a playing coach is a very dangerous proposition when it comes to match day coaching moves.

watched the pirates train and the big monkey was having a few shots at goal....round two cameo from the big guy...haha

He be around same age as VP's sharp shooter Buzz, why not if you can fit him into the Pirates stat studded line up this year

Will be good for the Vikings. Having a lazy forward pocket who doesn't get more than 30m from goal as a playing coach is a very dangerous proposition when it comes to match day coaching moves.
Having a lazy forward pocket who doesn't get more than30 metres from goal means you've got an opposition back pocket who's going to have a field day running off him and collecting easy possessions and setting up forward thrusts all game.

Last edited:
So tomorrow clearances can be lodged...
player movement will be very interesting. .
There is a page to see all applications can anyone show what link to go on too

watched the pirates train and the big monkey was having a few shots at goal....round two cameo from the big guy...haha

Aldridge would crap his pants if the big monk actually lined up in round 2. Would pay the entrance fee just to see it. Maybe his son might carry on the tradition for him if big monk can't get out there.

Great to see The Mighty Pirate finally getting his pre-season under way. Been really missed around the place and if anyone deserves a bit of success he certainly does ,after all his efforts of running the old Calamvale and being instrumental in getting the new Pirates Seniors off the ground.

Aldridge would crap his pants if the big monk actually lined up in round 2. Would pay the entrance fee just to see it. Maybe his son might carry on the tradition for him if big monk can't get out there.

Great to see The Mighty Pirate finally getting his pre-season under way. Been really missed around the place and if anyone deserves a bit of success he certainly does ,after all his efforts of running the old Calamvale and being instrumental in getting the new Pirates Seniors off the ground.

Can you please tell mighty that Morro said stop bloody whinging to the umpires this year, it's what we do when we get old.

Can you please tell mighty that Morro said stop bloody whinging to the umpires this year, it's what we do when we get old.
There goes my comback Morro...if I wasn't whinging at the umps it was at someone like yourself....retirement never gets better

Can anyone from the Vikings confirm or deny that Jake King has gone to local rivals Alex Hills. Big loss if he has club seemed to drop away last season after he went home

No one really knows where Jake has gone. A quality player and any club that gets him is pretty lucky but not much chance he will be back at Vikings anytime soon.

Yes new coach this year and things have started pretty well. Would like to see a few more numbers at training but that it the way we seem to do it here.

As far as all the Ferg haters, maybe you can lay off kicking a guy when he is not around to defend himself. Kicked a few goals for us at important times and was one of the best coaches I have ever had the pleasure of playing for. The guy pretty much gave everything for the club, even playing when injured when we needed him. So give the guy some respect okay.

Looking forward to the start of the season and catching up with you all as we go along.

As far as all the Ferg haters, maybe you can lay off kicking a guy when he is not around to defend himself. Kicked a few goals for us at important times and was one of the best coaches I have ever had the pleasure of playing for. The guy pretty much gave everything for the club, even playing when injured when we needed him. So give the guy some respect okay
Couldn't have said it better. Pretty sure he got in trouble from the wife a few times just so the club could run out on the paddock and not forfeit. But then again keyboard warriors wouldn't know what he did for the rest of the boys/club from the sidelines/sporting pulse results!!!

There goes my comback Morro...if I wasn't whinging at the umps it was at someone like yourself....retirement never gets better

Haha I found the older i got the less I carried on, my good mate Mighty just kept find another level every year :eek:

Love you Mighty Pirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back