QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow I have never seen you so upset.
Must have been a very disgraceful act.
I hope the situation was squared up and the players involved reported and get punished.
One must ask why do people like that play footy and what sort of coach and club let them.
Hope the kid is ok and hasn't put him of footy.

Ipwisch blokes got sick and tired of seeing a kid less than half their age tear them up so they resorted to the only thing they knew how to do.
Hasn't put the kid off footy at all. He loved it and just makes him
Strive for more. Just lets his footy do the talking, more than I can say about the Eagles players

Wow I have never seen you so upset.
Must have been a very disgraceful act.
I hope the situation was squared up and the players involved reported and get punished.
One must ask why do people like that play footy and what sort of coach and club let them.
Hope the kid is ok and hasn't put him of footy.
It's takes a lot to fire me up in my old age and I don't mind a bit of the rough stuff but I felt sick seeing that happen to a kid. Especially from 2 cowards. Two piss weak *in cowards

Ipwisch blokes got sick and tired of seeing a kid less than half their age tear them up so they resorted to the only thing they knew how to do.
Hasn't put the kid off footy at all. He loved it and just makes him
Strive for more. Just lets his footy do the talking, more than I can say about the Eagles players
Good to hear he's ok and ready to go again. The real problem with picking on kids is they get bigger and stronger and thier memory hasn't failed them yet.

Was good to see the buffs up and about
Agree, after a rough couple of years the Buffs are back playing good footy. Great for the local area. Big game next week against Vic Point, the winner will mostly likely secure the home final for the return bout first week of the finals.
Kedron v Pirates last round will also be about the home final the following week when they face off again

Maybe there should be a minimum age requirement so thugs can't belt young blokes . The kids might be better off playing in there ages group till there big enough. just a thought .

The Pirates dont have an under 16s side only under 15s, an having seeing the kid play, he would dominate if he was allowed to play in the under 15s, has been playing good footy an will only get better with age,

So because a few blokes decide to be grubs every week we should hold a kid back who has potential?
15 is pretty young mate . You wouldn't want to see a kid quit cause they are getting belted by some has been in the reserves. But tough though if the club has no age group for them.

Has already turned 16 I believe.
so maybe that's why he isn't in the 15s
Being his Dad you should know for sure and certain if he's already turned 16. Can't believe you've gone to the trouble of setting up a 2nd account to pump his tyres up even further? Cough*pienation*cough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, after a rough couple of years the Buffs are back playing good footy. Great for the local area. Big game next week against Vic Point, the winner will mostly likely secure the home final for the return bout first week of the finals.
Kedron v Pirates last round will also be about the home final the following week when they face off again
Good on the club and the young guys for sticking it out through the tough times
Will be a tough game but I'm backing the buffs to keep playing good footy
Well there is less then 1% separating kedron and pirates so should be a cracking last round that's for sure

Maybe there should be a minimum age requirement so thugs can't belt young blokes . The kids might be better off playing in there ages group till there big enough. just a thought .

I understand your point but if a kid can handle the physicality then he should be fine to play. Being bashed is another argument all together together.

Being his Dad you should know for sure and certain if he's already turned 16. Can't believe you've gone to the trouble of setting up a 2nd account to pump his tyres up even further? Cough*pienation*cough

Ahh this old chestnut again... Just drop it Gerry, find a new hobby perhaps

I think the kid you are thinking it may be infact is not , we have 3 in our side under 17 and all 3 have been exceptional all season . He is 15 and no im not his dad ... I dont think anyway, if so he didnt get any of the football ability of me this kid can genuinely play.

As I told them when your this good guys will be gunning for you, I didnt expect guys to be assaulting him,

to put it to bed he also did a full pre season and was looking like being captain of the under 16s this year and in February or there abouts bjafl changed it from a 16s to a 15s . So we in turn had 5 kids ineligible to play, 2 quit the sport and 3 choose to play up.

Ippy home game ,

did not supply time keeper , boundaries or field umpire, im sure the old guy in the bar could have done it based on his extent football knowledge, or maybe he was to busy abusing our 16 year old time keeper and her mother.

Congrats to the milestone players on the day did yourself proud its unfortunate its the minority that make us loose respect for clubs . Unfortunately EVERY club has them .

If he is that good, surely sending him to a quality U/17 Div 1 program somewhere would be the best thing for his footy?

Mt Gravatt up the road have a fantastic setup for good players aged 15-18

Wasn't the purpose of the 'Western' Magpies as opposed to the Sherwood Magpies to provide a pathway for talented juniors in the south western suburbs?

Obviously not working too well.

Angry we were planning for all our kids to play U16's but when League pulled the pin on that age group left us up the creek with no paddle. Had enough to have outright 15's but only about 6 x U16's. None of them wanted to leave the club and we didn't have enough for full 17's and looked at mergers but in the end all the kids and parents were happy for them to play.

Must say the club and all the parents have been thrilled with the way NP and all the elder statesmen have looked after the kids.

Just a bit ordinary what happened on the weekend as already posted. We will continue down the path of playing kids as we believe that is the future for our club and we have some ripper kids coming through in our U14's and 15's that will see us be competitive for a lot of years.

Happy for kids to learn in physical games but cheap shots went out of our game 10 years ago.

Gerry know the dad you are talking about mate but I assure you this kid is not his kid and has been a Pirate for 4 years.

Definitely not the 17 year old from Jimboomba just to set the record straight.

If Ipswich football club heirarchy have any backbone at all the 2 players responsible would be told to never come back. In 30 years of playing football it was the weakest most cowardly thing I've seen on a footy field and a lot of Ipswich people agreed.
I dont condone any type of violence at all but there are always 2 sides to a story and the story i hear from the west morro is that the young fella was carving up as you say but was throwing elbows ect the whole game and when he was told to stop it or he would get some back he then decided to throw a few cause he new his older team mates would have his back, i see you fail to make any comments on your Ruckman who i was told ran up to an eagles player and knocked him out cold when he wasnt watching either what do you call that so as you would say i hope your club hierarchy has the back bone to tell that player not to come back and for the supporters not really sure if your clubs any better than the ipswich crowd or any one elses. I believe the senior game was played in great spirit well done to both teams and to the pirates for their win

I dont condone any type of violence at all but there are always 2 sides to a story and the story i hear from the west moro is that the young fella was carving up as you say but was throwing elbows ect the whole game and when he was told to stop it or he would get some back he then decided to throw a few cause he new his older team mates would have his back, i see you fail to make any comments on your Ruckman who i was told ran up to an eagles player and knocked him out cold when he wasnt watching either what do you call that so as you would say i hope your club hierarchy has the back bone to tell that player not to come back and for the supporters not really sure if your clubs any better than the ipswich crowd or any one elses. I believe the senior game was played in great spirit well done to both teams and to the pirates for their win

Well given you weren't there I would suggest getting your facts right.

I dont condone any type of violence at all but there are always 2 sides to a story and the story i hear from the west morro is that the young fella was carving up as you say but was throwing elbows ect the whole game and when he was told to stop it or he would get some back he then decided to throw a few cause he new his older team mates would have his back, i see you fail to make any comments on your Ruckman who i was told ran up to an eagles player and knocked him out cold when he wasnt watching either what do you call that so as you would say i hope your club hierarchy has the back bone to tell that player not to come back and for the supporters not really sure if your clubs any better than the ipswich crowd or any one elses. I believe the senior game was played in great spirit well done to both teams and to the pirates for their win
Lucky ducky known this young kid for a number of years, he is a quiet young fella who loves his footy.
never seen him mouth off or throw an elbow....probably wouldn't know how to...
think your sources are trying to make excuses for what was a poor display ..
hopefully it was a one off because I believe ipswich and the pirates have a good relationship between clubs..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back