QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You sure they don't have any money cos of player payments promised, strong word is the coach had to prop up the club with his own cash, a substantial amount , to keep the team together heading into finals.
Just what I heard, don't shoot the messenger!
False, the coached kicked in some coin and rounded up sponsorship in 2015, I can guarantee he didn't in 2016. Change of committee mid season got things back on track for the club.

Last edited:
Yep, not only a bye in both divs but also an uneven draw in div 2 ( play some sides once and others twice ). My money is on several more "adjustments" before the opening round of 2017.

Agree totally TT, lot of water to go under the bridge before anything is set in stone for 2017.

I think at present AFLQ giving clubs the opportunity to place themselves where they think they will be best suited but I am sure a few clubs will be heavily scrutinised early next year along lines of financial capacity, playing list, club structure ect.

I don't think the competitions will end up uneven if it comes to AFLQ choice. think there will still be changes to teams and competitions from Div 2 down.

False, the coached kicked in some coin and rounded up sponsorship in 2015, I can guarantee he didn't in 2016. Change of committee mid season got things back on track for the club.

One thing about Karma he is always honest with what is true and what is false!

Can see why he had good success with his playing group over the last few years.

Gday All

Reasonably new to BF and just found this board. Any ex Wynnum Vikings players from the late 80's through to the 90's on here? I played with them for the majority of that time (apart from a short stint at Springwood and a couple of Seasons at Coorparoo.)

You sure they don't have any money cos of player payments promised, strong word is the coach had to prop up the club with his own cash, a substantial amount , to keep the team together heading into finals.
Just what I heard, don't shoot the messenger!
Abby you are so far from the truth, obviously your info is wrong so check it and where it's coming from.

Suns B&f winner Simon Fenton has been appointed coach for 2017 and beyond, great move by the Suns.
Macca runner up
CHris Mitchell 3rd

Pirates are pleased to announce that Nick Pearson and Tim Pearson have been appointed joint senior coaches for the 2017 Season.

Not sure how common that is to have not only joint senior coaches but 2 brothers. Seen the Walker Brothers adapt to very well at Ipswich in the QRL so no reason it won't be a success at our club as both have differing views and approach to the way they coach.

Was announced at our B&F on Friday which
Mitchy Vasternick B&F
Dylan Raabe Runner Up

We're also awarded.

Pirates are pleased to announce that Nick Pearson and Tim Pearson have been appointed joint senior coaches for the 2017 Season.

Not sure how common that is to have not only joint senior coaches but 2 brothers. Seen the Walker Brothers adapt to very well at Ipswich in the QRL so no reason it won't be a success at our club as both have differing views and approach to the way they coach.

Was announced at our B&F on Friday which
Mitchy Vasternick B&F
Dylan Raabe Runner Up

We're also awarded.

What a fantastic thing the pirates have done. To give Nick Pearson the opportunity to coach a senior side says a lot about what the club think of him as a person and a coach after only having the one season as a coach under his belt. To coach the Pirate ressies to a prelim final as well as playing senior footy all year shows the great level of maturity and football smarts he has. And to get the chance to coach with his brother who is a premiership winning coach is a massive signing for the Pirates. Three short years in existence and have already made huge inroads in QlD footy. To have Tim on board shows how good the club must be doing things, both on and off the field. The transition to Div 2 football has been made all that easier with a professional man like Tim taking the reigns. And with his brother by his side in 2017 I can only see the Pirates going from strength to strength.

Great night pirates presentation ....
celebrating a fantastic year for the club.
B&F well deserved mitch Vasternick and another great year by runner up Dylan Raabe. ..
ressies B&F mighty pirate great year by the "old boy"...and runner up 16 yr old lachlan swain. .
then the announcement of BROTHERS PEARSON as senior joint coaches certainly got the place buzzing with everyone looking forward to 2017 season.....
Once again blocker and the committee making decisions to keep the pirates moving forward....exciting times ahead for the pirates. ..
Like to say how MUCH BIG MONKEY" has been a huge part of the pirates development over the last two years...
He said he hoped to leave with the club in a better position than when he started ....well he certainly has.
great bloke and hope he is a big part of the club for many more years.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pirates would probably consider it. Got to be a reason a bloke has been a coach at so many clubs in such a short span of time. must have really endeared himself at Robina.
Has a very good record as a coach in Qld, took the Buffs to Prelim, built the Roosters up from poor position to win the flag in 2nd year, prelim the following. Not sure why you bring your personal bs on here, most of your 13 post on this forum in last two years have bagged him, not cool IMO
Respect where respect is due

Last edited:
pirates would probably consider it. Got to be a reason a bloke has been a coach at so many clubs in such a short span of time. must have really endeared himself at Robina.
Robina wanted him to stay but the Travel became an issue.
Roosters waned him to stay but he wanted to try a higher div

Another *in stupid post by another internet hero with no idea.

Has a very good record as a coach in Qld, took the Buffs to Prelim, built the Roosters up from poor position to win the flag in 2nd year, prelim the following. Not sure why you bring your personal bs on here, most of your 13 post on this forum in last two years have bagged him, not cool IMO
Respect where respect is due

Fair call, hard to get over past events at the Buffs I suppose. We all have our reasons to bag a bloke, I have mine.

No doubt he's a good coach. I've posted on here many times praising his efforts as a coach.

Park Ridge basically eating away at a good community club like Moorooka like a parasite though. Took half their playing list, now got their Premiership coach!

Can't blame a bloke for wanting to test himself at a higher level. Why coach Moorooka in div 3 when you can coach div 2. And with Tim living local it makes no sense to travel to Robina 3 days a week. All this BS from blokes who clearly have no idea.

"You're nobody until you're spoken about"

I guess all this talk finally makes Tim a somebody. He'll love that

No doubt he's a good coach. I've posted on here many times praising his efforts as a coach.

Park Ridge basically eating away at a good community club like Moorooka like a parasite though. Took half their playing list, now got their Premiership coach!

There is a great quote from Field of Dreams, movie from 1989 "If you build it, he will come."

In this reference we can probably associate 'it' with club culture, perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back